Money/decision question for parents of art-school kids

Congratulations on the admission and scholarship! Our friend there just loves SCAD. Mine has finally decided on Ringling; we went to the accepted students day, and he was in love with all of it. He wanted to sign up that day, but we made him take another week and practically complete spreadsheets of pros and cons of all the schools, but I think the small school is going to suit him well. I am just taking the attitude of "You work your butt off and we will pay for as much as we can, and the rest is on you!" I don't know how much "we can" yet, but it'll all work out. I'm just so relieved that a decision is made and we can put the uncertainty behind us.
Thanks for taking the time to post, and good luck with the open house!
Hello! I am a graduating visual art senior who is currently deciding between SAIC and Ringling for the 2020 school year! Your sons situation is so similar to mine its almost trippy. I see you've ultimately decided on Ringling and I am not going to lie, im leaning more towards that route because of the illustration and animation opportunities despite a higher scholarship from SAIC. I live closer to Ringling as well which would be less of a culture shock I suppose having grown up in warm weather. Your responses in this forum have definitely helped me feel better about my decisions on where I want to attend as I am set on a career in the arts much like your son although the downsides financially and job opening wise have been tricky.

I have a close HS friend who went to SCAD 20 years ago. Her primary interest was photograhpy, but one (of many) nice things she says about SCAD was that she really had a chance to learn about the business side of art, which she had not thought much about before

After college, she got a job at a college art gallary. She eventually ran that gallary & taught at the school. She decided to move states, and now heads a different art gallery. The internship she did at a museum helped her open doors that gave her more flexibility than her art alone, while still getting a great education in photography.

I'm sure other schools do that too, just wanted to share my very, very limited SCAD knowledge.

Savannah is on of my favorite cities

Hello! I am a graduating visual art senior who is currently deciding between SAIC and Ringling for the 2020 school year! Your sons situation is so similar to mine its almost trippy. I see you've ultimately decided on Ringling and I am not going to lie, im leaning more towards that route because of the illustration and animation opportunities despite a higher scholarship from SAIC. I live closer to Ringling as well which would be less of a culture shock I suppose having grown up in warm weather. Your responses in this forum have definitely helped me feel better about my decisions on where I want to attend as I am set on a career in the arts much like your son although the downsides financially and job opening wise have been tricky.
The good news is that you can’t go wrong with either choice! Hope you find the school that will be perfect for you. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter