Moonlight Magic for Epcot?

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly will be open during this event? Couple of attractions in FW? Will WS be open to walk through? What kind of “treats” are usually served? Any other interesting things?

This is what the email states-- I think at some point during the registration process they mentioned special character meet n greets? I don't know whether we can stay past 9/10pm bc we have little kids (ages 4-8). We shall see!

Moonlight Magic fun kicks off at 10:00 p.m., but Members can enter as early as 7:30 p.m.! Your complimentary, after-hours celebration will include exclusive access to many of Epcot®'s most popular attractions, as well as complimentary light refreshments and unique entertainment.

I've read that ice cream treats were available at the AK Moonlight Magic event. They also had carrot slices, apple slices, and Lays potato chips.
The temperature during the 2016 MK event was cooler, so I didn't seek out any ice cream that year. Given the temps during September, I made sure I had Ice Cream during the DAK events.

Yes, what a disaster. I'm having the same problem: when it finally connects, I get the "opens October 24 for members with reservations." They definitely need a better way of doing this. I am on the phone now waiting for someone to complain to. "19 minute wait."

I did call and the cast member said I was the first to complain. Maybe to her. But as she put me on hold and went to check, I finally got the form and signed up. Only took 35 minutes. Ugh.

I never saw them during the 2016 MK event, but they were supposedly available then. I do remember them at the MK this year.

They had a few ice cream stations around where you could get any of the normal ice cream novelties as I recall.

Really disappointed, both dates are sold out. MS says to keep checking in case of cancellation - oh well. Wondering what they set the capacity at?

Really disappointed, both dates are sold out. MS says to keep checking in case of cancellation - oh well. Wondering what they set the capacity at?

WOW!!! I'd like to know that too... especially since World Showcase (I'm pretty sure) won't be open...

I never saw them during the 2016 MK event, but they were supposedly available then. I do remember them at the MK this year.

They definitely had them during the 2016 event. We were by the open area between old and new Fantasyland where there was a cat distributing Mickey Bars and ice cream sandwiches

Yes I am a DVC member and yes I have a DVC reservation for December 4th

I called and they said they are aware that people that where not suppose to be able to register today where able to get tickets and they will be cancelling those this week so just keep checking !!!!!

Yes I am a DVC member and yes I have a DVC reservation for December 4th

I called and they said they are aware that people that where not suppose to be able to register today where able to get tickets and they will be cancelling those this week so just keep checking !!!!!

Oh good luck! I hope you get in.

lehuaann did you just get tickets for Dec. 4th ?????

I have it open and it just keeps saying there is no inventory

Does anybody know what the sentence I put in bold means? Can you check in at the resort and skip the line at Epcot?

Check-In:
  • Please remember to bring your valid Disney Vacation Club® Membership Card and photo ID, as you'll need to present those upon check-in.
  • Entire party must check in together prior to event access.
  • Event check-in at the entrance of Epcot® will open at 7:30 p.m.
  • Event check-in at the 10 Disney Vacation Club® Resorts will begin at 6:30 p.m.

Does anybody know what the sentence I put in bold means? Can you check in at the resort and skip the line at Epcot?

Check-In:
  • Please remember to bring your valid Disney Vacation Club® Membership Card and photo ID, as you'll need to present those upon check-in.
  • Entire party must check in together prior to event access.
  • Event check-in at the entrance of Epcot® will open at 7:30 p.m.
  • Event check-in at the 10 Disney Vacation Club® Resorts will begin at 6:30 p.m.

They won't hand out wristbands until 7:30pm at the front entrance at Epcot, but if you go the the DVC resorts, they will have tables set up at 6:30pm in order to hand out wristbands. They ran it the same way for AKL. If you've already checked in and gotten your wristband at the resort, you don't have to do it again at the Park. We were already at AK, so we did it there. It was very quick, with little to no wait. HTH!

Repost from the other thread:

Could not get a room for Dec 4.
Called Member Services six weeks ago to see if Vero Beach would count. After 30 min was assured that it would count booked room only to get reservation.
Got home from work at 5pm today, online at 5:02....Party sold out.
Called Member services...no help, no real info...just sold out but keep trying...
Now stuck with a room at Vero Beach that I was never going to use and no ticket to the party.
I cannot begin to describe my disappointment to go with my frustration.

I will be very disappointed if tickets are being held back for NOV 11 for non-reservation members, especially since these will also be gone during normal work hours.
I guess if you have a job you cannot go to this party even if you are member with a room reservation...Awesome

Does anyone know if you have to get your wrist band at the DVC resort you are staying at or can I get it at another resort instead?

Repost from the other thread:

Could not get a room for Dec 4.
Called Member Services six weeks ago to see if Vero Beach would count. After 30 min was assured that it would count booked room only to get reservation.
Got home from work at 5pm today, online at 5:02....Party sold out.
Called Member services...no help, no real info...just sold out but keep trying...
Now stuck with a room at Vero Beach that I was never going to use and no ticket to the party.
I cannot begin to describe my disappointment to go with my frustration.

I will be very disappointed if tickets are being held back for NOV 11 for non-reservation members, especially since these will also be gone during normal work hours.
I guess if you have a job you cannot go to this party even if you are member with a room reservation...Awesome

Sorry to hear that. I for one am extremely surprised that they "sold" out in a few hours. The WDW events have not even come close to that before and it's still just the same number of rooms onsite as for any other party. Maybe they'll find something was wrong and all inventory wasn't loaded.

Could you explain what you mean by "stuck" with the VB room though? Your still within the cancellation period where points would be returned to whatever status they were when you booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter