Moonlight Magic is BACK!

Yikes.. We have reservations for one of the HS and AK events. Hopefully they sort through these hiccups by then.

We are having a blast. Rode frozen with less than 15 min , test track 15/20 mins, soarin 10 mins. We did all our food earlier so that was easy.

Where did you redeem your food vouchers? I've been hearing that some booths aren't accepting the vouchers.

This popcorn bucket situation is a mess. I can't believe it takes this long to fill popcorn buckets and exchange them for a voucher. It's insane how slow it is.

Yikes.. We have reservations for one of the HS and AK events. Hopefully they sort through these hiccups by then.

Unless you know something that I don’t, you have DVC reservations for a couple of MM nights probably the same ones that I have: July 14 and 26. I called DVC today and they said anyone have a DVC or Disney hotel reservation on a MM night will receive an email with a link to make an MM reservation. At least I don’t have to check the Moonlight Magic site every day for the next 4-5 weeks

Total nightmare. I’ve never been to one of these and never will again! Well over 100 people in line all night for sad popcorn bucket. Test track wait time was lower when the park was open. We missed our lightning lane for Ratatouille bc it was down and I though no issue bc low wait time during party - HA!!

Ticket lists maybe 4-6 places where you can redeem your 2 snacks but not where they actually are - line here at TT has been over 100 people from 10-midnight (It’s 12:02 pm now.)

I was so excited based on reviews of prior years - I really can’t imagine those who actually planned a trip around this - wait times lower during reg park hours plus no food/drink available anywhere absent an hour wait. Yikes!!! Moonlight magic my a&’l. Lol!

Unless you know something that I don’t, you have DVC reservations for a couple of MM nights probably the same ones that I have: July 14 and 26. I called DVC today and they said anyone have a DVC or Disney hotel reservation on a MM night will receive an email with a link to make an MM reservation. At least I don’t have to check the Moonlight Magic site every day for the next 4-5 weeks

Correct - by “reservations” I meant we have hotel reservations

Total nightmare. I’ve never been to one of these and never will again! Well over 100 people in line all night for sad popcorn bucket. Test track wait time was lower when the park was open. We missed our lightning lane for Ratatouille bc it was down and I though no issue bc low wait time during party - HA!!

Ticket lists maybe 4-6 places where you can redeem your 2 snacks but not where they actually are - line here at TT has been over 100 people from 10-midnight (It’s 12:02 pm now.)

I was so excited based on reviews of prior years - I really can’t imagine those who actually planned a trip around this - wait times lower during reg park hours plus no food/drink available anywhere absent an hour wait. Yikes!!! Moonlight magic my a&’l. Lol!
I have been to these in the past and they were better. This one was a complete cluster. Waste of time. I certainly would not plan a trip around them at this point.

I can't believe they couldn't figure out the logistics of filling popcorn buckets. We watched 5 people in one booth struggle with it. Nobody seemed to think that maybe they should just be constantly filling buckets. Nope. They did them one at a time as people came up while 4 other people watched.

I've been to them at MK (the 1st one celebrating DVC 25th) and then Epcot and AK. I always say that people are better off purchasing resale and paying to go to any special evening events that Disney sells. The Moonlight Magic events are ok if you're already planning to be there and happen to be a qualified member. They never have been worth purchasing direct for. Always long lines for characters, food is frequently a mess and rides - well that is hit or miss. Sorry to hear about the "show" though. They have usually had some nice fireworks.

Totally befuddled as to why they can’t just add 2 cast members to just prep popcorn buckets - we are about 30 minutes of waiting so far in line of about 100-150’people and still maybe 35 - 45 people ahead? It’s just popcorn buckets!! This is really messed up. I heard that the place serving real food snacks closed bc they were understaffed and totally overwhelmed. Everyone around is really unhappy - starving, dehydrated, frustrated- no idea why they can’t plan this stuff properly.

Pre-covid we came down 4-6 times a year for 4 years. Loved FP, magical express. Service, everything. When I get home I’m considering selling our 4 DVC contracts - this new version of Disney is just awful all around. Days start with intense stress with 7 am wake ups for lightning lane bookings (ROTR literally sold out one day by 7:01 AM) - then all day watching and waiting to try to coordinate around random times popping up at 2 hour booking windows - days usually and just get more stressful from 7 AM on now. Almost impossible to enjoy the parks and just winging isn’t an option bc many rides have 120+ wait times. People mover had a half hour wait standby! Utterly heartbroken- I really miss WDW!!

I've been to them at MK (the 1st one celebrating DVC 25th) and then Epcot and AK. I always say that people are better off purchasing resale and paying to go to any special evening events that Disney sells. The Moonlight Magic events are ok if you're already planning to be there and happen to be a qualified member. They never have been worth purchasing direct for. Always long lines for characters, food is frequently a mess and rides - well that is hit or miss. Sorry to hear about the "show" though. They have usually had some nice fireworks.

I overall agree.
We do enjoy them but we also don’t go out of the way to go to them. So much is perspective in the end and can make it what you want. We overall had a good time and was nice walking around with far less people than normal, plus riding 3 big rides within 2 hours is good too and that was with Mickey bars during that time and some pictures and such. I was hoping for a pin but I got the sense that they were suppose to have more by the way the cm talked .

this is our second Epcot , and the first one had a super short 5 min firework projection thing that was just So so.

Hoping this is rre-learning pains…
popcorn bucket line is ridiculous. while waiting some poor woman collapsed and had to wait for medics which seemed to take forever.
food vouchers - would not take at japan or France festival booths. Took at sunshine griddle, Morocco, Germany, magnolia.
merch is nothing.
still need places to get iced water.
right after harmonious, remy was still very long so we skipped and moseyed to soarin, nearly a walk on. As we walked to SE, we could see others exiting (down). So went to test track, 65 min, so we decided to wait for popcorn instead. Mickey and strawberry bars handed out at same place as popcorn but on the side and found out by word of mouth. Around 1130, remy was 45 min. After, I went back to YC with two of my sons, my husband took the middle one to test track and did that twice with no wait. he loved it.

imagine they’ll figure it out the logistics again and the later ones will be smoother!

Where the vouchers were not accepted at food booths do you think it was just that they weren't aware of them or that they truly were not supposed to accept them? If the latter then DVC could instantly improve by listing where they are accepted.

I'm also surprised to hear that Sunshine Seasons had so little. Grapes, carrots, cheese? Was that really it? Almost a why bother?

It sounds like they should start filling popcorn buckets 30-60 minutes before Moonlight Magic opens
It's worth pointing out they were turning people away before 9:00 at the popcorn booths. I assume because they didn't have the buckets.

Hope they attempt to fix these issues for 3/31.
It’s a shame. The last time we did MM it was a great event (AK). I am going to keep my dinner reservation, I thought about canceling. If there is not enough food at the event guess we better eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter