Moonlight Magic Multiple Reservations/Use Years

paslaugh

Earning My Ears
My wife and I have two DVC memberships due to different use years. One membership is direct that gets Membership Benefits and one is resale that does not get benefits. We also have 3 reservations for Poly Studios in June for an extended family trip, two of which are under the Membership Benefits account, and one that's under the resale account. We've also loaded up the two Membership Benefits reservations with 5 guests each to maximize our ticket allocation to the June Moonlight Magic event at Typhoon Lagoon.

When we go to sign up for early registration am I correct in assuming that we'll be able to add 10 tickets for the event, and that DVC will recognize that I have 2 eligible reservations for the event? Should we both try to access the link on registration day since my wife and I are both owners on the Membership Benefits eligible account but have two separate Disney account logins?

Final question - is there a chance the resale contract reservation will also give us access to additional tickets? Ideally we'd be able to grab 11 tickets since that's the full party (6 Adults, 5 Children, 1 infant under 2) and that way nobody would need to stay home?

Last edited:
My wife and I have two DVC memberships due to different use years. One membership is direct that gets Membership Benefits and one is resale that does not get benefits. We also have 3 reservations for Poly Studios in June for an extended family trip, two of which are under the Membership Benefits account, and one that's under the resale account. We've also loaded up the two Membership Benefits reservations with 5 guests each to maximize our ticket allocation to the June Moonlight Magic event at Typhoon Lagoon.

When we go to sign up for early registration am I correct in assuming that we'll be able to add 10 tickets for the event, and that DVC will recognize that I have 2 eligible reservations for the event? Should we both try to access the link on registration day since my wife and I are both owners on the Membership Benefits eligible account but have two separate Disney account logins?

Final question - is there a chance the resale contract reservation will also give us access to additional tickets? Ideally we'd be able to grab 11 tickets since that's the full party (6 Adults, 5 Children, 1 infant under 2) and that way nobody would need to stay home?

So, I think your resale reservation should qualify. I also have 2 Use Years (1 direct + resale that qualifies for perks and one resale only that does not qualify for perks). My March trip used my resale only use year, but I got the email that I could use the pre registration for the 3/1 Epcot Moonlight Magic. One note, I tried my direct member number and got an error for no associated reservation so I tried my resale member number and it let me register. So the system definitely knew I was an eligible member for perks even though I was staying on my other membership.

In your case, I would be sure to logon onto the queue with multiple devices as you may have to register the 2 reservations separately. Can't help with the other questions/concerns.

Are these two membership in the same account?

So the same DVC membership account is linked and can view all three reservations?
Yes, I can view all three reservations from the same login. My dashboard has two different DVC dropdowns for each of my use years and each has a different DVC member number.

You will not be able to get tickets from each membership.

Because you are eligible to attend, you’d still be able to do early registration with only the room on the resale membership if that was all that was booked.

You can only enter one membership at a time and the system will only see the qualifying reservations. Once you secure the set of 10, you would NOT (fixed typo) be able to get more tickets using a second membership.

Last edited:
You will not be able to get tickets from each membership.

You can only enter one membership at a time and the system will only see the qualifying reservations. Once you secure the set of 10, you would be able to get more tickets using a second membership.
Was there a typo in one of the above (seem contradictory)?

If the reservations are split across the two membership numbers, will they need two sessions, one per membership number?

Good news is, you should be eligible for early registration.

Was there a typo in one of the above (seem contradictory)?

If the reservations are split across the two membership numbers, will they need two sessions, one per membership number?

Good news is, you should be eligible for early registration.
That was a typo...I fixed it. You would not be able to get tickets from both memberships, even if you have qualifying trips on each.

Every owner is allowed to get tickets under one membership, even if they have several....so, in this case, since rooms are under two different ones, the owner would need to choose which membership to use to try during early registration, and they will be allowed up to 5 or the maximum on their reservations for that membership.

Now, someone could always try to put in more in hopes the system somehow sees that other reservation, but I don't believe it works that way....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter