MORE Adventures of the "Moms" Panel

I know I'm getting here late, but today was my first day back at work after maternity leave so I'm understandably exhausted and overwhelmed.

I just want to quickly say that while I am still waiting for that initial sting of the "thanks but no thanks" email to subside...I could not be more appreciative of so many things....

1. the friendships we've made built soley upon our love for WDW

2. having the opportunity to even take my family to Disney World because so many don't have that same opportunity these days

3. even having the chance to be a part of something so special. It is amazing that Disney trusts us moms and dads so much that they are willing to put this panel in our hands.

4. remembering what it's like to dream big. I don't know about you but I get so caught up in the daily grind that sometimes I forget to take the time out to think about what I really want and then lay it all on the line to get it.

One of my favorite quotes is "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." Well, I missed....but look at all of you amazing stars that I landed right smack dab in the middle of.

Continued luck and pixie dust to all those who advanced....and big hugs of encouragement for all of the 2011 Moms Panel Hopefuls. :lovestruc

:thumbsup2 well said I agree wholeheartedly

Hi there

Just found out that I made it to Round 2!! Haven't even had a chance yet to read back thru the posts here to see who else has made it, but Congrats to all who did!! I'm still here at PopC, and hoping that being in the midst of the magic is going to help see me thru this next round. Good luck everyone!!

Ang

Yay!! Congrats Ang!!! :) Enjoy the rest of your trip...roll around in the pixie dust, maybe it'll help! :)

For those that have indicated a desire to help Make a Wish families...

We have TWO new Make a Wish families and their pre-trip reports are lacking in people that are following them...if that makes sense! :)

Come on over to the Wish Trippers thread and we can "wait" in there with them while they plan their trips! :thumbsup2

First off, to those who did not get invited to round 2, remember, it is more a roll of the dice than an interview. The real "you" just did not get to shine through.

For those moving on, congrats, and good luck! Remember, odds are still tough, so just enjoy the process, and don't hang too much on whether or not you move on to Round 3.

Final question for all. Is there a general time when the "Yes" and "No" e-mails went out? I assume they were at different times, but I was not able to see if there was a general time stamp being discussed on the forum. Would love to know!

Thanks!

First off, to those who did not get invited to round 2, remember, it is more a roll of the dice than an interview. The real "you" just did not get to shine through.

For those moving on, congrats, and good luck! Remember, odds are still tough, so just enjoy the process, and don't hang too much on whether or not you move on to Round 3.

Final question for all. Is there a general time when the "Yes" and "No" e-mails went out? I assume they were at different times, but I was not able to see if there was a general time stamp being discussed on the forum. Would love to know!

Thanks!

Thanks, Doug. I, for one, have learned to enjoy the ride. I believe that whatever is meant to be, will be. So, I'm taking this one step at a time.

As far as the "yes" email, the time stamp on mine was 1:27pm (although I didn't get to read it until 6:30 or so ;) )

:) Guess I'd better get off DIS and go work on my answers :) :wizard:

My "thanks but no thanks" email had a date/time stamp of 10/13/2009 at 9:18pm.

I assumed they send out their acceptances first and rejections later, but someone else mentioned seeing their reject message earlier in the day (as a forward.) Perhaps they sent out the messages in batches alphabetically or by score. *shrugs*

Good luck to those who were invited to Round 2.

Doug,
The "no" emails seem to have been sent out after 9:00 last night. The timing was done right this year. The yes's found out first and a few hours later, the no's. The no's seemed alot later last year, if at all.

Every year, as the moms panel grows, they refine the process more and more. It seems to be just getting better and better.

I received my official 'you haven't been chosen' email at 7:18 PM mountain time on Tuesday.

I'm bummed! I confess it. To those in the same boat as I am :hug:
For those that made it - make us proud!!! :woohoo:

And here's to looking forward to next year ;)

Hey, Jud! I like the way you think.

Yes, I tied for 201st place!!!:lmao::thumbsup2

Me too! Three way tie working! :rotfl:

Sometimes life makes you feel just like Goofy -- or maybe Eeyore. I'd like to cry like a baby, but I guess I'll just start dreaming about my next trip to WDW in December! :rotfl2:

Just a question, what is this consolation prize magnet? I applied last year and didn't get one -- was it only from the 1st time? I think that would be really cool.

Also, when you 2nd rounders get a chance, would any of you be willing to share with us your answers from round one so we can do a bit of analyzing???

It would really be helpful!

Thank you and Congratulations to the Winners!

I think the 'goodie consolation box' went out in year 1 only. I don't think there was anything sent last year.

Just sent off my essay and photo. Now the waiting begins to see which ones of us advance to round 3. Wishing everyone luck!!

Under ground members and secret inside advice ......isn't that what DisBoards threads are all about? :lmao::goodvibes:yay:

Hi Twende!

As I said, this is what we are all doing already anyway!

However... ahem... there are a few over on FB setting up a Not The Moms Panel group and deciding what if any action to take...

Or at least some meets...

:)

Jud

'Just recently returned home from my book club meeting to discover a WDW Moms Panel "Thank You" message in my in-box. (I pretty much already suspected I hadn't advanced, though, since I never received a congratulatory e-mail this afternoon.) <Sigh!>

Congratulations to all who progressed to Round Two!! :cheer2: I look forward to reading about your adventures! :cheer2:

Hey Scoppy!

Well, at least in your case, we know why you weren't chosen! (I warned you about that comic!)

Jud

Hi Twende!

As I said, this is what we are all doing already anyway!

However... ahem... there are a few over on FB setting up a Not The Moms Panel group and deciding what if any action to take...

Or at least some meets...

Jud

where are the other "rejects" (my word -- not to diss anyone but I am a two time reject and admit it) on FB?

where are the other "rejects" (my word -- not to diss anyone but I am a two time reject and admit it) on FB?

Hi MissFitt,

Ya know, I did a play a couple of years back and there was this one lady who ALWAYS was busy yapping with other players so always missed when she was supposed to enter, stage left... I called her Mrs Q.

BTW, that was in rehearsal: to everyone's amazement, she was perfect once we went live!

By request of several FB friends from here, I tried to set something up and the only thing I could find was an event, not a group; but someone is trying to set up a group, mainly to co-ordinate some possible meets among us at WDW. If the group does get done, then we will want everyone to move from the event page to the group page, but for now it is:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...7387688957#/event.php?eid=152048579939&ref=mf

Jud

Hey all.....

I did not apply the first year, but I did last year and DID indeed receive the "consolation" package that included the car magnet and some Disney promotional materials....I believe that there was talk last year that it was probably the 1st 10k people who applied that received the package but whether or not that is true I just don't know.

I set up a group on facebook this morning for other applicants that did not make the panel, but still want to help people plan trips in a moms panelesque (I just made up a word!) way. Let me be very clear that this is not a sour grapes forum to vent, rather another place where people will be able to ask questions and receive real answers from real people like us (on facebook - which has such a huge following I think it can really take off!). If you are interested, let me know by sending me a PM and sending me your e-mail...I have it set up as a private group right now so that those of us who are going to work on it can discuss how we want to do it before we open up for questions! With an e-mail, I should be able to invite you to the group. I see this growing as another open free forum where we can field and answer questions from real folks about all things mouse!!

I have a meeting tonight, so don't fret if it takes me some time to get back to you.

Talk soon . . .

Hi Megan,

I tried to send a PM, but I wasn't allowed to because I don't have a count of 10 posts yet.

I'm interested in helping out with the facebook panel. I think it's a terrific idea. If you can pm me could I reply to you? Or should I randomly make posts to get to 10?

Leigh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter