Morimoto Asia - opening September 30, 2015! per DIS - full menu please

I have had the omakase at the Philly restaurant....phenomenal and worth the high cost.

Looking forward to making a reservation on Wednesday for our trip at the end of October. Hoping that the Dining Plan will be accepted, will make the reservation regardless and decide what to do when we're there depending on how news about the dining plan goes.

Chef Morimoto is working with the Patina Restaurant Group. My understanding is the menu was "dumbed down" from the conception. I can only hope they at least have Omakase.

Sadly, it looks like they will not have omakase, per the comments on their FB page.

No omakase? /brokenhearted

I suppose I really will have to go to the Philly one. Sigh. That was what I was really looking forward to...

I'm reading that they're going to have Dim Sum so I assume they will be open for breakfast or at least brunch. Can anyone tell me how early in the morning the resort buses run to Downtown Disney?

I'm reading that they're going to have Dim Sum so I assume they will be open for breakfast or at least brunch. Can anyone tell me how early in the morning the resort buses run to Downtown Disney?

DTD buses run early, I've seen them while waiting to make rope drop. If they have a TS that serves breakfast there, I suspect they'd ramp up the buses that time of morning. However, I believe most if not all of the stores in DTD don't open until 10am.

Chef Morimoto is working with the Patina Restaurant Group. My understanding is the menu was "dumbed down" from the conception. I can only hope they at least have Omakase.

You have to consider the market. WDW attracts all walks of life, which includes a lot of kids. Not the most adventurous of eaters. They'd almost have to have a universally accepted menu to do well. I keep picturing a PF Chang's-esque type menu, but that's just in my head.

You have to consider the market. WDW attracts all walks of life, which includes a lot of kids. Not the most adventurous of eaters. They'd almost have to have a universally accepted menu to do well. I keep picturing a PF Chang's-esque type menu, but that's just in my head.

They do not HAVE to do that. Orlando area is pretty big. They could do well with his normal menu. But, since its in Disney it will be stripped down

They do not HAVE to do that. Orlando area is pretty big. They could do well with his normal menu. But, since its in Disney it will be stripped down

Exactly my point. Sure locals will go to the restaurant, but it's target audience is still tourists. It almost has to be stripped down to appease the masses.

V&A seems to do well without catering to kids.
And lots of toddlers/childrens/teens love sushi and other Asian foods. If they are exposed to that, it is the chicken nuggets that are weird.

Not having an omakase is really really sad.

My toddler loves Asian food. Would I pay for the omakase for him? Not on your omakarse!

That said, I wasn't holding my breath they would offer it, but it is a bummer. If we were still kidless (and let's face it, probably not even then, unless we were also still mortgageless,though I could foresee budgeting for it), we would be lining up for it!

And lots of toddlers/childrens/teens love sushi and other Asian foods. If they are exposed to that, it is the chicken nuggets that are weird.

Not having an omakase is really really sad.

That's because V&As doesn't allow kids!

Comparing apples to oranges. V&A isn't even in the same ballpark as a commercialized restaurant that will be placed in the shopping district of DTD. That's an entirely different, fine dining experience. Not in the least what a family of 4 from middle America would expect when walking into a restaurant in DTD. They're going to expect PF Chang's, and it's probably what they'll get. It is what it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter