Moving a DLR Trip to Walt Disney World- Let’s Talk!

Omg!!! So excited about this!! I was so nervous to try for a BG the old way. ROTR is our top priority!!

Me too!!! This made my day! My son has an ipod touch to help try for one too so it’ll be nice we can do that at the hotel room and he can use the (hopefully) better wifi. I’ve had nearly a 100% success rate practicing at home so hopefully this works out! We are a die hard Star Wars family... like I have outfits.. for conventions.. 😂 We gotta get on this!

Hopefully this helps with the crowds at HS, the reports from there have been nuts.

Me too!!! This made my day! My son has an ipod touch to help try for one too so it’ll be nice we can do that at the hotel room and he can use the (hopefully) better wifi. I’ve had nearly a 100% success rate practicing at home so hopefully this works out! We are a die hard Star Wars family... like I have outfits.. for conventions.. 😂 We gotta get on this!

Hopefully this helps with the crowds at HS, the reports from there have been nuts.
I read that it says to only have one person from your party try. I’m curious to hear what happens with that when this goes into place. I think you’re going before me...but you have enough time to read everyone else’s experience with this new system before you go right? Hopefully it will be much easier and there won’t be a million tricks and tips for it! 😉

I read that it says to only have one person from your party try. I’m curious to hear what happens with that when this goes into place. I think you’re going before me...but you have enough time to read everyone else’s experience with this new system before you go right? Hopefully it will be much easier and there won’t be a million tricks and tips for it! 😉

I’ve read on the ROTR board that everyone ignores their advice and has as many people try as possible. I think the assumption is they only want one person trying so there’s more to go around bc it gives ppl an even playing field? Or something? It doesn’t seem to interfere either way I suppose. I wonder why they say that too.

Our last boarding group (at HS last week) my daughter got for us at home, signing into my account on her phone on the way to junior high on the bus, so... :rotfl2:
I love this. If you read the comments on the Disney Parks blog, so many people keep asking about how far away can you be. Well, how about AZ? If it works, it works, right? ;)
@Jaina : You have to share this story in the ROTR Superthread -- all that training paid off!

Good idea. Definitely have as many people as you can trying. The last time we went, there were four of us logged and trying for a boarding pass. Make sure that everyone is signed into the same account. My wife, my daughter, my son and I were all logged into MDE using my log in. My son was the one who was able to get the boarding group.

Thank you! ❤

Looks like they keep extending hours too which is great. I’m so excited to see Pandora at night!

I've only seen Pandora at night and it's AMAZING! So beautiful. Enjoy!

Excited to see the changes to ROTR and eager to see how they work out. I still haven't forgiven DD15 for going on it without me in Feb at DL...but neither of us imagined it would be so long before I had a chance!

Still undecided about my spring break booking. But I guess I have plenty of time to see how things go!

So we broke down and booked Ogas too!! Lol. Figured, why not! Curious to see what the differences are between DL and WDW. Does WDW have different drinks? I haven’t even looked!?

what time is AK closing for you? I just looked and for us it’s still closing at 5.

Last edited:
So we broke down and booked Ogas too!! Lol. Figured, why not! Curiois to see what the differences are between DL and WDW. Does WDW have different drinks? I haven’t even looked!?

what time is AK closing for you? I just looked and for us it’s still closing at 5.

Yay! I looked and it’s the same drinks. I’m excited about enjoying it with less of a crowd. Last time we were there we got seated with another big group and it was just so crowded and awkward- this will be nice.

Our AK day is on Sunday and the hours just got extended even more to 7AM-7PM. Yikes, that’s early when you factor in the transportation. But we will rope drop like always - we can sleep when we get home. 😂 Looks like weekends are the days getting extended. Our HS day is a Saturday and it is now opening at 9AM.

Are you planning midway breaks or are you gonna power through? The transportation overwhelms me so part of me wants to just stay put haha:

Yay! I looked and it’s the same drinks. I’m excited about enjoying it with less of a crowd. Last time we were there we got seated with another big group and it was just so crowded and awkward- this will be nice.

Our AK day is on Sunday and the hours just got extended even more to 7AM-7PM. Yikes, that’s early when you factor in the transportation. But we will rope drop like always - we can sleep when we get home. 😂 Looks like weekends are the days getting extended. Our HS day is a Saturday and it is now opening at 9AM.

Are you planning midway breaks or are you gonna power through? The transportation overwhelms me so part of me wants to just stay put haha:
If you do the Safari, do it earlier in the day so you can see the animals. With the time change, it will be dark earlier.

Just saw this. Was staying at Grand California 9/30-10/5 with 3 friends (2 rooms). In August, we decided to cancel it and move to WDW. We stayed at CBR, was a good trip. Definitely not the same as before but it was good to get away.

Wow! A full 12 hour day! That’s awesome!!

We are planning on powering through. Although I don’t know how we all will do with the time change!! So we might just take breaks in the parks. Maybe at the relaxation stations.

Transportation is stressful!! Lol. I think our plan is to uber in the mornings. For HS, uber to speedway and walk. For MK, uber to contemporary with a mobile order there. Or just go to the TTC? 🤔Haven’t decided yet. Then uber to AK. But we will utilize buses when we leave the parks. Unless we think we will miss a reservation at DS. But I think we will be ok just taking a bus. I feel like we will have more control over the uber than the bus situation. And we love to RD, so getting there early is important. Plus, I’ll calm down once we arrive!! Lol.

I’m holding out judgement until we get there, but I sure wish we could walk like DLR!!

In my opinion, on days even when the park is open for 12 hours, I would just stay in the park. I say that because transportation can easily add an hour each way. That's valuable park time. I would spread out what you are doing over the 12 hour period. Then once the park closes head out to the hotel or DS for dinner or something.

During our trip earlier this year, the parks had short hours like they are now since it was "off season". The original plan was to do a midday break then return. Once we saw the hours, and all the transportation hoops we would've had to go through, we just stuck it out. Things can be a little different with the parks now since they aren't as crowded, but still take into account leaving the park, getting to the transportation, the ride to the hotel, nap, getting back up, and traveling back to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter