Muenster cheese….

maxaroni

DIS Veteran
To make chicken parmigiana??? Went to an Italian restaurant and the chicken parm was made with Muenster, muenster only. While it was good, it was not chicken parm to me, I need my mozzarella! Anyone else have this, or any other odd cheese for chicken parm? I have heard of provolone on parm but still want my mozzarell.

Surprisingly muenster seems to be used in many recipes, but I would never use it myself.

A mix of provolone and mozzarella, maybe even parmesan as well.
I tend to use fresh mozzarella for the most part.

If muenster was all I had then I'd probably make something else.

To make chicken parmigiana??? Went to an Italian restaurant and the chicken parm was made with Muenster, muenster only. While it was good, it was not chicken parm to me, I need my mozzarella! Anyone else have this, or any other odd cheese for chicken parm? I have heard of provolone on parm but still want my mozzarell.
I watched a show where Lily made Chicken Muenster once.

I don’t think I have had muenster cheese since I was a kid. I can’t say I really even remember the taste now, and this discussion may entice me to pick some up and try it again, but probably not on eggplant.

I don’t think I have had muenster cheese since I was a kid. I can’t say I really even remember the taste now, and this discussion may entice me to pick some up and try it again, but probably not on eggplant.
It's probably available here but definitely not prominent. Can somebody tell me what it's like - what common cheese might be similar that I'd recognize?

This was the chicken parm with Muenster. That was all chicken, the pasta was in a side bowl.

Attachments

• IMG_0352.jpeg
    IMG_0352.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 10
Interesting as I don't think I've ever had Muenster cheese on anything but crackers/thins. I really like it.

I'm going to say Muenster Cheese wasn't on my Dis Board conversation bingo card but since we're doing this...

When we we're little my mom would fry chicken and melt muenster on it and with some mayo would make a mean chicken sandwich. For that reason I can easily see a restaurant parming a chicken with it. Is it strictly classical chicken parm? no. But I'll tell you this it has a way better flavor profile than boring old mozz. But again it's an odd choice if it was an old school Italian restaurant with chicken parm on the menu. I would rather provolone if mozzarella wasn't going to be used. Parming is a style at this point and doesn't mean mozz although that is the cheese most often used. If anything parming started in Parma with their parmigiano reggiano cheese so if anything that's the cheese for authenticity. Italians from southern Italy which came over in droves to the new world around the turn of the century adapted the dish to using meat instead of eggplanr which was traditional and used mozzarella. Ok now I'm hungry bye.

I have had Muenster on a sandwich or crackers. But Chicken Parm??. Never seen a recipe that didn't call for Mozzarella. I could accept Provolone. However it could be worst, they could have used American :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter