Multiple Contract Clarifying Question

JYMN P SULLIVAN

Earning My Ears
So I've been researching DVC modestly for some time and Pete has lit a new interst with The DVC Show. One aspect that I'm struggling with is in regards to multiple contracts. Let's say I have 100 points at Wilderness Lodge and I have 100 points at Saratoga Springs. If I wanted to book 11 months out at Wilderness Lodge I obviously can use my Wilderness Lodge (Home) points but can I use the Saratoga Springs points as well (combined) or would that only work 7 months out?

Also, in the same line of thought, I have heard of folks buying their favorite home resort and then buying more points at a "cheaper" resort. Is this strategy only good at the 7 month window? And if that's the case is it smarter to plan on buying points to cover a 1 bedroom villa being that getting a studio 7 months out is difficult to impossible?

Lastly, Outside of the 11 month window (which is a big perk) is it wise to buy a bunch of points at a more economical "Home Resort", plan for 1 bedroom or larger and work with the 7 month window?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and patience in helping this DVC wannabe out <3
Jymn

So I've been researching DVC modestly for some time and Pete has lit a new interst with The DVC Show. One aspect that I'm struggling with is in regards to multiple contracts. Let's say I have 100 points at Wilderness Lodge and I have 100 points at Saratoga Springs. If I wanted to book 11 months out at Wilderness Lodge I obviously can use my Wilderness Lodge (Home) points but can I use the Saratoga Springs points as well (combined) or would that only work 7 months out?
You may not combine points until 7 months. Some will bank or borrow and stay at resort A one year and resort B the next. Thus, getting the 11 month booking for both resorts.
Also, in the same line of thought, I have heard of folks buying their favorite home resort and then buying more points at a "cheaper" resort. Is this strategy only good at the 7 month window? And if that's the case is it smarter to plan on buying points to cover a 1 bedroom villa being that getting a studio 7 months out is difficult to impossible?

Lastly, Outside of the 11 month window (which is a big perk) is it wise to buy a bunch of points at a more economical "Home Resort", plan for 1 bedroom or larger and work with the 7 month window?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and patience in helping this DVC wannabe out <3
Jymn
1 bedrooms are easier to book at 7 months than studios. Several members are successfully using this strategy. IMO, it's a good one for now. No guarantee that will continue. Also, depending on your dates, you shouldn't count on getting the less expensive views at the resorts that have them. Again, you may not use non-home resort points until the 7 month window opens.

Best advice is to buy where you wouldn't mind "getting stuck" if switching at 7 months isn't successful.

Yes, but Carol said!

In addition there are a few times of the year that 7 month bookings for one bedrooms could be problematic at particular resorts so when you plan to travel and what resort he'd really like to book at can still matter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter