Multiple Home Resort Question

Ok, that makes me have to ask, what’s the difference between linking and merging a reservation? Let me take a guess and see if I’m right, merging makes it one reservation, linking they remain separate reservations, but will keep you from having to move rooms? Am I close? I’m really starting to get the impression they make this all intentionally confusing! o_O

That's it!

One thing is that with linking they don't 100% guarantee you'll be able to stay in the same room. We've always been able to but reports pop up now and then of people who did have to move.

Alright, another scenario:

Riviera intrigues me, so let's say I purchase 75 points there figuring I can stay in a studio every other year and then get 100 points at SSR resale. Let's say I want to do a bigger trip in a bigger room using poi ts from both, but dont want to get locked out in case i can't find one. Would I book rooms at both resorts at the 11 month mark, then find something at 7 months in a bigger villa? And if I did that would I have to cancel the other rooms first and would I risk losing the new room in the time it takes to cancel and book? I hope ththaththay makes sense.

Thanks for all the help. This has been quite the education. Good thing I love math. LoL
I just want to add, in case you’re not already aware of the new resale restrictions: you could change your RIV reservation (direct points) to stay at any other resort, but you could not change your resale SSR reservation/points to stay at RIV. Resale points now (as of January 19) can be used at any of the original 14 resorts but not Riviera or future resorts; and Riviera and future resort resale points will only be good for their home resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter