Multiple MASSIVE explosions in Beirut

Some of the better sourced news reports indicate there may have been a significant quantity of nitrates that had been stored there for may years . if super-heated (see Texas City) or mixed with diesel fuel (Oklahoma city) if is a very powerful explosive. By the the scale, I would guess at least 100 ton range

I read 3000 ton range. Insane.

Beirut imports 70% of their food. The mind boggles. The port with the storage warehouse and grain silos were lost in the explosions.

Beirut imports 70% of their food. The mind boggles. The port with the storage warehouse and grain silos were lost in the explosions.
And their only real friendly neighbour with ports seems to be Syria.

They're gonna need some new friends urgently.... Russia or America? Surely not Israel? Certainly has the possibility of changing the balance of power in the region from this.

And their only real friendly neighbour with ports seems to be Syria.

They're gonna need some new friends urgently.... Russia or America? Surely not Israel? Certainly has the possibility of changing the balance of power in the region from this.

There is a port in Tripoli, but they will have to pour resources into enlarging it quickly. Where they get those resources from will certainly play a part.

Trump apparently failed to read the briefing; he came out and made a comment about an attack. There was no attack; it was an accident caused by criminal negligence.

Last edited:
This breaks my heart. That explosion was massive. I think the loss of life and injured will continue to go up exponentially and I see that children's advocacy organizations are posting about kids being separated from their parents and orphaned. The videos are incredible and I just pray for the people affected.

There is a port in Tripoli, but they will have to pour resources into enlarging it quickly. Where they get those resources from will certainly play a part.

Trump apparently failed to read the briefing; he came out and made a comment about an attack. There was no attack; it was an accident caused by criminal negligence.
Trump should know more details than we do. Plus the Lebanese PM has said those who were responsible will pay the price. Of course he could just mean those who were negligent, but it could equally mean something else.

We still need to know what caused the initial small explosion and fire that then caused the big one.

Trump should know more details than we do. Plus the Lebanese PM has said those who were responsible will pay the price. Of course he could just mean those who were negligent, but it could equally mean something else.

We still need to know what caused the initial small explosion and fire that then caused the big one.
Daily Mail is reporting it started with a welder.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-rubble-bodies-death-toll-continues-rise.html

“Street after street, neighbourhood after neighbourhood, buildings were left without roofs or windows, their interiors shredded by the force of the explosion - believed to have been sparked when a welder caused a fire at the port, which in turn set light to a warehouse storing chemicals which had been seized from a ship six years ago.”

Last edited:
I heard on news this morning that the explosion was the largest non-natural (natural being like a volcano) explosion ever, other than atomic and similar bombs.

I saw this photo comparison from the news:

I watched a video on FB and holy cow that second explosion was so powerful I immediately thought to casualties and injuries, just the force alone never mind debris and heat and any caustic materials...

The explosion was so huge. Just the shock wave alone was mind blowing. Their port is basically ruined.

The photo that is the most horrifying to me is this one, of the grain silos:
54710a1fad5dbc7b585eb2398ccc3e3d.jpg

There is double tragedy in that photo, because not only were lives lost under that avalanche of concrete and grain. You are looking at nearly all the grain that was meant to feed Lebanon's people for much of the next year -- every bit of it now contaminated and unusable.

That was one heck of a mushroom cloud.. just saw a dashcam video of the explosion that was in a distance and then a second later, the windshield blew up from the sonic wave.. crazy... I feel for those people.. heartbreaking.

I bet ports round the world are doing a check of what they have stored. Read these materials have been stored there for years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter