"Must Buys" in World Showcase

christygobar

DIS Veteran
The thread about what countries not to miss has inspired me. I hope this becomes a fun thread about shopping experiences!

What are your "must buys" when you hit the countries at Epcot? What have you bought that was truly not worth it? Is there one thing you just cannot go home without? Whether it be wine from France or German beer or a wooden instrument from Mexico? :rolleyes:

This is the first time I'm really going as an adult interested in the shopping aspect of Epcot and I'd love to hear from everyone about their favorite and least favorite items.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc

In Germany, there is a candy shop. They have white chocolate Toblerones! They're sooooo good!

DW always has to have a Hummel Xmas decoration from Germany (Our Xmas tree needs supports fitted to hold all the Disney decorations!!) & a Beaver tail (chocolate & maple syrup) for me from Canada!!
SD :paw:

I usually try to get tee shirts and sweatshirts from atleast a few countries each visit. preferably ones that look like they could have come from a store in its country and not have "Epcot" or "wdw" some where on it other than the label. Canada and Norway have good heavy clothes for winter.

Beer steins from germany

Stuff for the kitchen from various countries

may get a sword from Japan in January

Books...I love to read

Got some wine once but it never made the flight home!

I bought an awesome Sake set in China last week.

Original price was $20.00+

but there are on sale right now for $9.00

very nice looking set too.

Japan I always buy my DH and I new chopsticks. Usually ones with cats. My DD always has to have something with Hello Kitty(typical-lol) This last trip I bought a good luck scroll and some lucky cats.

And in China, I have to buy *something* from there everytime I go. A purse, a figurine a box, anything. Last time I bought a pretty pill box.

Food wise? I HAVE to have fish and chips in the UK.

Any other country I just buy whatever catches my fancy.

Canada: Can't remember the last time I bought anything in Canada but I think it was beer
UK: Beer
France: Pastries
Morocco: Love the veggie platter at the Tangierine
Japan: Pocky and sake (not at the same time, though it rhymes)
American Adventure: ?
Italy: Wine
Germany: Wine flight, little chocolate thingys with Mozart on the wrapper
Outpost: Frozen Coke, if they still have it
China: Ginger ice cream
Norway: Pretzel pastry or some schoolbread
Mexico: Outdoor margarita stand! I stick with the lime ones.

I have to buy a doll. I love dolls. I find one in one of the countries that I just cannot live without. Last year we got one in Japan, a little boy holding a stuffed Panda. Before that, I got a rag doll in Mexico.

My boys always love to pick something in China or Japan........they've got exciting toys!

Dh likes steins and shot glasses, as well as little China dogs/buddhas, and swords.

My mother likes to buy the name scrolls for people in UK.

We always buy pearls in Japan (pick your own oyster, so much fun!) and a Steiff mohair mohair stuffed animal in Germany. Last time we bought a Steiff oyster because we got on that pearl kick :)

crazy but i like the soap in china( like a $1 a bar and the rose smells so good plus i love the wrapper) also got a cute little cheap( $5) purse there...tea and shortbread in england( can get it anywhere so it's just an excuse to eat shortbread) candy in germany.

bought a nice purse in Morroco( not cheap) but it literally broke after 1 use and husband got a pencil box ( wood, again not cheap ) that did the same so maybe skip the stuff there unless it is purely decorative

shooby doo sorry to inform, some one said the beaver tails are no more

"I used to be a Buffalo, and a good ole Buffalo too..."

as a WoodBadger, I love looking for owls, buffalo, antelope, eagles, ... from Africa!!

I like to pick up something from Germany - ornaments are good... I like to "dream" in France!!

I always have to have a Sweet Pretzel with almonds in Norway and YanYan Pocky candy in Japan.

A Hummel from Germany (which means about an hour or so picking it out)
Something wooden and/or glass from Mexico
A silk scarf from China

And of course, anything with maple sugar from Canada!

I have to stop in the tea shop in England. Oh!! And maple candy from Canada

The fans in Japan make great souveniers, they are pretty inexpensive and one of the people at the counter will write your name on in it in Japanese free of charge.

Have to always have a fiesta margarita in Mexico...
And pastries in France...
And baklava outside Morocco...
And fish and chips in UK...
And...oh, did you mean non-food wise? That's a much shorter list!

Get the paper fans in China and Japan and have them put my name on it...
I do the chopstick and pearl thing too...
Something Scottish from UK...
And chocolate in Germany...
And eggrolls in China...
Esh! I sure do eat allot!

Christmas ornaments in Germany - get friends and family pickles! (It's a tradition)
Glass jewelry in Italy - beautiful
Desserts in France - the chocolate croissants...
Bags of brown rice tea to take home from Japan (and pearls)
Cheap goodies from China - best bargains in the world
Rugs in Morocco - I admit I'm an addict for the little throw ones
UK has a very good Pooh and toy shop
Off Kilter cds in Canada
Trolls in Norway

For the pocky lovers, you can usually find it at any oriental food store, which are more common than you may think. We've got like 5 in my little town. :flower:

I also love to get something from the tea shop in United Kingdom. I'm developing quite a little tea cup collection for my afternoon tea. Lots of coffee mugs at WDW, but not much for us tea drinkers. Also, it's a tradition for us to go to the French Pastry shop on the last day and get something for the plane trip home. It's really nice to sit on the airplane and pull out your box of French Pastry to eat.

In the UK, the Bronnley lotions and creams! I love the Hand and Nail Cream in Apricot and Almond. :love:

Also in the UK, I always stop at the tea shop for some Earl Grey.

Chocolates in Germany.

I've found some great little pewter ornaments in Canada.

France- something from the bakery.

China- I usually find fun little stocking stuffers for the girls on my list here (lipstick cases or pill boxes or enameled compacts...)

Always need to get new chopsticks when in Japan and DD12 likes Pockie ad DD8 gets the gummies.

Girls were "too small" and husband uninterested in "shopping". This time he has 3 pitted against him! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter