"Must Eats" at WDW

kima86 said:
Uh-oh...I think we're gonna be kept out of the parks this next time by the Disney Food Police! This year will be our 6th trip to Disney and neither my DH nor I have had the must-dos of a Dole Whip or a Mickey Bar. :rolleyes1 We do plan on changing that this time around, though (promise :teeth: ) - we're on the DDP for the 1st time when we go down there and will be trying many new things to enjoy!

From the things we DID try, I would say that in MK, a hot dog from Casey's is not to be missed as well as anything from the Main Street Bake Shop. In Epcot, pastry from the Boulangerie Patisserie in France is a must do - especially the chocolate filled eclairs! (Although I have seen from the boards that Norway has great pastry items, too). We also enjoy the "French Menu" lunch special from Chefs de France...very filling. We really enjoy the onion rings from 50s Prime Time Cafe at MGM. I don't think we've ever eaten anywhere when at AK, so I can't offer anything from there. WCC's All-You-Can-Eat Skillet is also very, very good...as is the bottomless milkshake!

There's just so many great places to explore and not enough time!!!

Kim

Kim ~

Stop, stop, STOP!!!!!
home%20alone.jpg
[you are making me HUNGRY..... :rolleyes: ! ]

My new favorite is Guinness Chocolate Cake at Rose and Crown in the UK at EPCOT.

I had it twice and am craving it again.

My dad and step mother just got home from WDW and I told them they had to try it. They called me from the Rose and Crown to tell me I was right it was the best!

Otherwise...I love Dole Whips

KathyR said:
dole whip is pineapple soft serve icecream. It is VERY refreshing on a hot day :) My whole family loves it! We always get the dole whip floats. They have the pineapple soft serve with pineapple juice to float it :thumbsup2
I will have to have the float!!!!!
Thanks for letting me know!!!!

My must tries are the sandwiches at Earl of Sandwich and a hot dog at Espn or Caseys.

Jim

For me, it is the Frozen Bananas. They used to sell them in the grocery stores, but not anymore! Boo Hoo! Guess I will have to wait until our next trip to Disney to have one!!

I am like you I love em

If you have a Rocky Mountain chocolate factory near by they have them and they can add nuts to them too. Also, can get them in Milk or Dark Chocolate. YUM YUM :banana: :banana: :banana:

Disneynut71-thanks. I have a Rocky Mtn Chocolate by me. Infact there are 2 at the outlets which are both about 10 min from me.

I wish I knew this yesterday because I was at one outlet & could have got one & ate it before I got home.

I did have one at the aquarium in CT last year & it was good but not Disney good.

Williamsfamily7 said:
I've seen posts like this before, but I leave in less then 2 weeks and it's really time to get serious - about the important stuff: WHAT WILL I EAT IN THE PARKS!!!!

OK: I've already written down that I HAVE TO HAVE a Dole Whip and a French Toast Loaf at MK and some Schoolbread at Epcot (Norway?). I've been To WDW 4 times and never tried any of these! I'm so embarrassed!!!

Anyone have their own "must eats" that I should try? What's your favorite food at Disney - snack, CS or TS? How about some suggestions from AK and MGM? You don't want me to walk around these 2 parks with any empty stomach all day, do you? I guess it's my mission to just eat my way around the world!
The peanut butter and jelly shake at the 50's Prime Time Cafe in MGM
YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DH and I have to get an icecream cookie sandwich made at the Main Street bakery. He gets chocolate chip and I love oatmeal raisin. Then we share. The cookies are warm and melt the ice cream.

Those ice cream sandwiches are good!

Our must haves:
1. A hot choclate chip cookie! there's nothing like that sugar/chocolate fix at the end of the evening!
There is a bakery in Liberty Square near the back of the castle. We used to get chocolate chip cookies at the bakery on Main St, but last year we were over there near parade time, and I was craving my chocolate fix. I asked the counter lady if there's were as good, since they weren't the Nestle ones...She said there's were even better, and that they tried switching them over, but they got too many complaints! I have to say, I agree, the chocolate chip cookies there are excellent - forget the funnel cakes!

2. a Mickey bar

3. dinner at Boma

4. something from the Norway bakery

5. dinner around the WS - especially Morocco and Japan. The area behind the Japan pavillion is a great respite from the noise.

6. a fruity adult beverage (we don't ALWAYS get this, but usually) - sometimes it's a slush drink, sometimes fruit juice, usually something different. We don't drink much, but one fruity beverage is a tradition.

Our newest park favorite is rainbow flavored Kaki Gori at the Japan pavilion in EPCOT...

Jill

1. Dole whip swirl with Vanilla Ice Cream
2. Minnie's frozen strawberry fruit bar with yogurt covering
3. Waffle cone from Main Street Ice Cream Shop
4. Chocolate Covered Mickey Pretzels
5. Pina Colada from the Poly!
6. Mickey's Premium Ice Cream Bar

:thumbsup2 I always get the sweet cream cheese filled pretzel and one of
those icee foam drinks of at the lunching pad or scuttles and no trip would be complete without at least 1 trip to Caseys Corner

I must remember to try the french toast loaf this time, everyone (including my brother raves about it)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter