"Must Eats" at WDW

I just recently tried the Churros at the Maic Kingdom, they were awesome! Also, try the Minute Maid Frozen Lemonades, there sour and yummy.

Simba's Mom said:
Umm, I think that's grapefruit cake. I only mention it because we had a real laugh recently when DH thought I'd made pineapple cake, but it was some other flavor, but still yellow. He bit into it and made a face, "Yech! This is the worst pineapple cake. Where did you get the recipe?" Once I told him what flavor it really was, he bit into it again and said, "Oh, now it tastes pretty good, as long as I don't think it's something it isn't."

... :lmao: TOO funny!

Okay, now that I'm incredibly hungry!!!!

-Dinner at Ohana's!!!! Slide a skewer of meat my way and bring back the pineapples dipped in caramel!!
-Mickey Ears ice cream (even though we've been eating them at home for months now, they taste so much better at WDW)
-Turkey Legs - only get them at WDW
-The pizza at MGM's Pizza Planet - it's a must for my Toy Story fan
- Norway's princess breakfast - so yummy
-Dinosaur Gertie - ice cream at MGM - she's our favorite!!
-Garden Grill - Epcot - yummy dinner
- Fresh baked cookies at the Main Street Bake Shop MK

That's all I can write right now my belly is rumbling so much I have to go eat something.

Hi,

I'd like to chime in here. There are a few must-do's for me. Although last trip I didn't do one because I wanted to try new places.

Boatwright's Dining Hall at Port Orleans Riverside for breakfast has a signature dish called Sweet Potato Cakes. I love sweet potatoes and pancakes, and these are so sweet and fluffy and good that syrup is not necessary.

The counter service at Port Orleans Riverside (Colonel Mills?) has a Blackened Prime Rib Sandwich. Yummy!

Dole Whips at Aloha Isle in Adventureland, Magic Kingdom.

I have to add myself to the ranks of Turkey Leg lovers. No need for extra salt, because it has plenty of sodium.

Hot fudge sundaes at Ghirardelli's Chocolate Shoppe at Downtown Disney Marketplace.

Gotta eat something from Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom, which is, in my humble opinion (IMHO), probably the best counter service eatery in the World.

Cheddar cheese soup, pretzel bread and maple creme brulee at Le Cellier in the Canada pavilion at World Showcase in Epcot.

A chocolate milkshake at Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club.

I'd love to get a beignet at the Port Orleans resort. Never had one.

Sorry this has been so long.

Jim

J.C.&ALI'SMOM said:
I *love* the trio of MK fruity swirl treats: Dole whip, Citrus Swirl, and Strawberry Swirl :sunny:

OK, I'm missing something!! "Citrus swirl", what and where is this! I always get a Dole Float, but I have never seen a Citrus Swirl. Just the name sounds great to me!

:thumbsup2

I have to vote for the Beef Teriyaki Salad at the Kona (Polynesian resort)

Then again everything we had there was good :goodvibes

dbenlee said:
OK, I'm missing something!! "Citrus swirl", what and where is this! I always get a Dole Float, but I have never seen a Citrus Swirl. Just the name sounds great to me!

Citrus swirls are great! It is like frozen orange juice and soft serve swirled together. Those are sold at Sunshine Tree Terrace, beside Tiki Room and behind Aladdin's Magic Carpets.

For Dh and I it's the FrontierLand Turkey Legs :thumbsup2 It's all Dh talks about and is actually what he looks forward to the most (he can be a bit grumpy about Disney sometimes but he puts up with me LOL).

I loooove Mickey Ice Cream Sandwiches but the only cart I could find them at the last trip was an ice-cream cart outside of Voyage of The Little Mermaid at MGM. I'll have to look harder next time :-)

I am ashamed to say I have been to wdw three times and dont know what a dole whip is. I would also like to know bout the tonga toast. Is it good and does anyone know if you can get it from room service at the poly? Please describe it!!!!

i usualy always get a pizza and chocolate milk at pizza planet. you should try the steamed buns at the herbie quick serve by Lights motor action.

you absolutly have to have an apple turnover at Germany.

back when each part of magic kingdom had it's own unique food item. I would say the cupcakes at mickeys' birthday starland. simply because the disney chefs developed a new recipie for icing that didn't melt in the hot florida sun.

Simba's Mom said:
Umm, I think that's grapefruit cake. I only mention it because we had a real laugh recently when DH thought I'd made pineapple cake, but it was some other flavor, but still yellow. He bit into it and made a face, "Yech! This is the worst pineapple cake. Where did you get the recipe?" Once I told him what flavor it really was, he bit into it again and said, "Oh, now it tastes pretty good, as long as I don't think it's something it isn't."

Oh, yeah, you're right, I meant grapefruit cake. :blush:
So.... has anyone tried it?

Please, please, please...will someone tell this newbie what a "dole whip" is????

dole whip is pineapple soft serve icecream. It is VERY refreshing on a hot day :) My whole family loves it! We always get the dole whip floats. They have the pineapple soft serve with pineapple juice to float it :thumbsup2

Here are mine (you can see my waistline expanding as I prepair to type this):

Burgers from Cosmic Rays & Pecos Bills

Fries from above but I have to get a container of liquid cheese so I can have cheese fries

A taco salad from El Pirata y el Perico

A Dole whip (we had one in Hawaii & I felt like I was cheating on Disney).

A chocolate covered pretzel

A pretzel from Germany

A taco salad from Cantina San Angel

A salad from the Sunshine Seasons

A turkey leg

A chocolate covered banana

A mickey bar & sandwich

A salad & chicken parm. sandwich from Pizzafari (dh & I split it)

I think that is it.

My fiance and I really like simple foods and simple places to eat. So, many people might not agree with our "must eat" places. They are
Rainforest(b/c we ate their the night we got engaged)
Pinnochios Villaghause for the figarro fries
Cosmis Rays Starlight Cafe
Sci-fi Dine-in theater
Big River Grill on the Boardwalk (due to the beer)
The cantina in Mexico
The electric umbrella
We really really enjoyed Ohana and Liberty Tree Tavern (with family)
Like I said, we like simple foods.

Anyone know if the tonga toast is similiar to the banana-stuffed french toast at POR? Part of the reason we're staying at POR is so I can have it again! :goodvibes

Love Whispering Canyon-gotta love the ribs :thumbsup2

Mickey ice cream bars :woohoo:

We were dissapointed by the Chocolate Wave and the Coral Reef :sad2:

Uh-oh...I think we're gonna be kept out of the parks this next time by the Disney Food Police! This year will be our 6th trip to Disney and neither my DH nor I have had the must-dos of a Dole Whip or a Mickey Bar. :rolleyes1 We do plan on changing that this time around, though (promise :teeth: ) - we're on the DDP for the 1st time when we go down there and will be trying many new things to enjoy!

From the things we DID try, I would say that in MK, a hot dog from Casey's is not to be missed as well as anything from the Main Street Bake Shop. In Epcot, pastry from the Boulangerie Patisserie in France is a must do - especially the chocolate filled eclairs! (Although I have seen from the boards that Norway has great pastry items, too). We also enjoy the "French Menu" lunch special from Chefs de France...very filling. We really enjoy the onion rings from 50s Prime Time Cafe at MGM. I don't think we've ever eaten anywhere when at AK, so I can't offer anything from there. WCC's All-You-Can-Eat Skillet is also very, very good...as is the bottomless milkshake!

There's just so many great places to explore and not enough time!!!

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter