My Disney Experience -- Anyone else having problems logging in today (7/6/18)

Everest was annoying. We actually had FP but with this issue going on, they were having everyone scan but still letting them go in even if it didn’t turn green. The FP line was probably longer than standby.

I don't insult Disney often but shouldn't a multi-BILLION dollar company have a much better IT system? There are always problems, making adr's, fp's etc. Couldn't they spend the money and invest in an updated system??? I am not computer savvy so maybe the availability isn't there to fix Disney's problems but it sure seems like for the profit they make, they should be a lot better than they are.

There are defiantly things that thing should be a lot smoother for Disney IT related things in general... but for something like this it just takes an errant entry on a firewall upgrade/change, and down goes everything. Everything should be backed up and diversified data wise.. but it's the human element that will take a company to it's knees.

Everest was annoying. We actually had FP but with this issue going on, they were having everyone scan but still letting them go in even if it didn’t turn green. The FP line was probably longer than standby.
Everest was down when we were over there. I was supposedly able to make a 4th FP+ using a kiosk, but it’s not showing up in MDE.

Amazing. How does Disney handle thousands of people with fast pass times and reservations for dining when they can’t see who actually has them.

Must be a nightmare

There are defiantly things that thing should be a lot smoother for Disney IT related things in general... but for something like this it just takes an errant entry on a firewall upgrade/change, and down goes everything. Everything should be backed up and diversified data wise.. but it's the human element that will take a company to it's knees.

Wow, I have no idea wth you are talking about but you definitely sound knowledgeable :thumbsup2

I was able to get into FP on the app but not my desktop 10 mins ago. Then my son stole my phone.

It's down for me again on Desktop. I seriously cannot have to make all my selections from my phone. That would take forever and I would surely miss some of the things I want . Come on!!!

It's not like this is the first outage they have had. Wonder why it's news

Probably the scope of today's outage, as it pretty much took down the whole company. I actually kind of feel bad for calling Disneyland IT for a non-time sensitive matter this morning, just as the whole thing went to heck. I'm sure some people had some pretty long and stressful days today (guests, cast members, and the people trying to get everything rebooted and reloaded -- someone probably got chewed out and lost some hair).

Got up this morning to book ADRs.

He's still there...

Stitch Ate the Page.png

So, I thought I'd try to book a week's worth of ADRs ON THE PHONE:

It worked perfectly!

Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boutique
Cindy's Royal Table
Be Our Guest
Hoop
'Ohana
Yak'nYeti
Sci-Fi Dine-In

and many more.

Took the CM and me about 15 minutes.

About 6-7 years ago McAffee pushed an update that failed and crashed computers all over the country - my workplace was affected. So yea I believe this can happen as I have experienced it

Got up this morning to book ADRs.

He's still there...
I know I'm preaching to the choir here and I saw your following post, but I was having the same problem just as I had got a TP alert for a BoG reservation. Cleaning the browser's cache resolved that problem and everything is now working (as good as the Disney website usually is).

Unfortunately I wasn't able to secure the reservation I was after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter