My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

How was the food at Wine Country Trattoria? My DH and I have a reservation for lunch on our upcoming trip.
Large portions but smaller than if we had ordered the same item not prix fixe. It was plenty for lunch. We weren't really hungry for dinner but split a small item just so we wouldn't be hungry after WOC when the park was shutting down.

Taste wise, I'm pretty critical about food. I had the salmon and thought both the salmon and potatoes were way too salty. That said, as I sat there, I watched a teenager at another table salt his pizza and an adult woman add salt to her pasta. :confused3

While the food was good, the ambiance was more like a quick service restaurant. It wasn't anything like Lamplight or Carthay Circle.

Thanks for the reply. I'm kinda picky about my food and don't like too salty or too spicy. Might try them anyway. Thanks again!

Those all look really good!

How was the gumbo?
Are you referring to the Cafe Orleans food? I think they called it seafood boil and not gumbo. It was very good. I would order it again. My spouse ordered the Monte Cristo (sorry, no pic). It was very disappointing. Nothing like the Monte Cristos that they used to make.

I like Tiana's gumbo a lot. The flavors and textures seem to meld well together. I've gotten it a couple of times.

A few items from the first week of February 2024.

Chocolate Chip Cookies 6-pack ($6.49) from Harbour Galley. (I saw a few pictures online this week of very long lines to get the cookies. I had no idea that was a thing. I just walked straight up to the window with no wait at about 2:30pm. I asked if they were ever available to Mobile Order. The answer was "Sometimes.")

These were warm and delicious.

PXL_20240201_223037503.jpgPXL_20240201_223048478.jpg

Chocolate covered strawberries from Pooh Corner. My sister bought these so I don't know the price. They were good, but I kept thinking how many I could make at home for the same price. 😆

PXL_20240201_230458455.PORTRAIT.jpg

Cake pop from Candy Palace. ($6.49) This was not good at all. The strawberry flavor was overpoweringly artificial tasting. The chocolatey inside had zero flavor. Very disappointed in this one.

PXL_20240204_003409822.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20240204_003459375.PORTRAIT.jpg

Bayou Punch ($8.50) and Turtle Cheesecake ($12.00) from Café Orleans.

The punch was good, but more than what I want to pay for basically a glass of lemonade with juice. I told myself I wasn't really paying that much since I used a Disney gift card as payment, and I get my Disney gift cards at Albertsons. (Side note... I usually spend $5 for a $25 gift card, but the method I use takes some time and is more conducive for saving for a solo visit.)

The cheesecake was just OK. The top layer was tasty and flavorful. The rest had no flavor. I would not get this again.

PXL_20240202_020450713.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20240202_022006160.jpg

Blackberry Sky Splash ($6.29) and Breakfast Bagel Sandwich ($10.99) from Galactic Grill.

I really liked both of these. The drink would have been even better on a hot day, as opposed to a rainy day.

PXL_20240202_172556275.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20240202_172632451.PORTRAIT.jpg

S'mores Tart ($6.49) from Jolly Holiday.

This was my favorite treat from the entire trip. I had been on the fence about this one. So glad I tried it. I took pictures of the inside to send to my boys, to help them decide what treat they wanted me to bring home for them. They both ended up choosing this as their treat. I ordered them in the morning on my last day before they had made their decision -- thinking I wouldn't be sad if they chose something else and I ended up with 2 of these for myself. By the time they gave me their final decision, I went to order them in the afternoon of my last day and they were sold out.
PXL_20240202_180735172.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20240202_183925870.jpg

PXL_20240202_184036588.jpg

This was a trip to celebrate my sister's 50th birthday. We had a goal to eat lots of treats. Mission accomplished!

Sliders and Barbacoa Nachos from whatever that bar area is outside of Lamplight Lounge.

We showed up for our reservation at LLL. The restaurant was closed due to some sort of emergency. Received a notification about an hour after our res time. They said we could eat at that bar attached to the restaurant. We looked at the very small menu and decided to stay because we were starving, but we regretted it later. The food was cold and wasn't good. I gave them a pass since they were trying to accommodate all of the guests with cancelled LLL reservations.

PXL_20240203_001958055.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20240203_001950782.jpg

More toppings were needed for that amount of chips.

Galaxy Parfait ($7.29) from Galactic Grill.

It was pretty, but I didn't care for the raspberry jam addition to the chocolate. One and done for me.
1000005696.jpg
1000005697.jpg

Lots of food items I didn't get pictures of. The Grilled Cheese and Tomato soup at Jolly Holiday really hit the spot on a rainy day. As did Walt's Chili at Carnation Café, and the Gumbo at Café Orleans.

Garlic cheesy pretzel bread from Maurice’s! My new favorite snack!! Easily shareable and really good. It filled me up so much I didn’t eat lunch. Lol.

Huckleberry mint julep. Super refreshing. Loved it. Although I wish I could have actually gotten to more of the huckleberries in it. The paper straw died and there was too much ice. I’m surprised this is on the menu currently because I got it in November!

Attachments

• 693798C5-E985-4B1A-A8AC-C62F0B5B99F4.jpeg
    693798C5-E985-4B1A-A8AC-C62F0B5B99F4.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 8BC164A0-348D-4D54-8FC1-0E76AD6C9763.jpeg
    8BC164A0-348D-4D54-8FC1-0E76AD6C9763.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 16
Garlic cheesy pretzel bread from Maurice’s! My new favorite snack!! Easily shareable and really good. It filled me up so much I didn’t eat lunch. Lol.

Huckleberry mint julep. Super refreshing. Loved it. Although I wish I could have actually gotten to more of the huckleberries in it. The paper straw died and there was too much ice. I’m surprised this is on the menu currently because I got it in November!
I've been wanting to try the cheesy pretzel bread. It looks amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter