My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

Bayou Punch ($8.50) and Turtle Cheesecake ($12.00) from Café Orleans.

The punch was good, but more than what I want to pay for basically a glass of lemonade with juice. I told myself I wasn't really paying that much since I used a Disney gift card as payment, and I get my Disney gift cards at Albertsons. (Side note... I usually spend $5 for a $25 gift card, but the method I use takes some time and is more conducive for saving for a solo visit.)

The cheesecake was just OK. The top layer was tasty and flavorful. The rest had no flavor. I would not get this again.

View attachment 834708View attachment 834707

Blackberry Sky Splash ($6.29) and Breakfast Bagel Sandwich ($10.99) from Galactic Grill.

I really liked both of these. The drink would have been even better on a hot day, as opposed to a rainy day.

View attachment 834710View attachment 834709

S'mores Tart ($6.49) from Jolly Holiday.

This was my favorite treat from the entire trip. I had been on the fence about this one. So glad I tried it. I took pictures of the inside to send to my boys, to help them decide what treat they wanted me to bring home for them. They both ended up choosing this as their treat. I ordered them in the morning on my last day before they had made their decision -- thinking I wouldn't be sad if they chose something else and I ended up with 2 of these for myself. By the time they gave me their final decision, I went to order them in the afternoon of my last day and they were sold out.
View attachment 834712

View attachment 834711

View attachment 834713

This was a trip to celebrate my sister's 50th birthday. We had a goal to eat lots of treats. Mission accomplished!
Looks like the S'mores tart is now at the Food & Wine Festival in DCA.

They were just okay. The pastrami was long and fatty. It was difficult to cut so you had maybe 3-4 large bites of pastrami and the rest was fries. The pickles and the Smokejumpers sauce went well together. The ratio of cheese sauce to Smokejumpers sauce was a bit out of balance. Probably could have had a little less cheese sauce.
Good to know! Thank you!! We go next week and I’m having a hard time finding items that I really want to try at the food and wine. Lol. I think we will for sure only get the 4 tasting cards instead of 8.

Good to know! Thank you!! We go next week and I’m having a hard time finding items that I really want to try at the food and wine. Lol. I think we will for sure only get the 4 tasting cards instead of 8.
Where do you buy the tasting card? I'll probably get the 4 one, too. I mostly just want the desserts :)

Where do you buy the tasting card? I'll probably get the 4 one, too. I mostly just want the desserts :)
Personally, I would buy four Snicker macarons and call it a day. :laughing:

Sip and Savor passes are sold at multiple locations. The lines are long at when you first enter the festival area. If you make your way to the back, the lines are much shorter. In addition to the carts, passes are available for purchase at:
  • Elias & Co
  • Julius Katz and Sons
  • Rushin River Outfitters
  • Seaside Souvenirs
  • Festival Merchandise

Personally, I would buy four Snicker macarons and call it a day. :laughing:

Sip and Savor passes are sold at multiple locations. The lines are long at when you first enter the festival area. If you make your way to the back, the lines are much shorter. In addition to the carts, passes are available for purchase at:
  • Elias & Co
  • Julius Katz and Sons
  • Rushin River Outfitters
  • Seaside Souvenirs
  • Festival Merchandise
Thank you!! I wasn’t sure where to buy and the tip to go to the back is appreciated too!

You're welcome. The carts open at 10:30. If you are in DCA, your best bet is to get in line before 10:30 and order when the carts open. At 11:00, when park hoppers come over, it gets much more busy. You can order everything at one cart and just bring your receipt to the individual carts to pick up your food. The pick up lines are much faster than the order line.

It was a rainy day and rides were closed, but we ate well. 😋

Sisig Burrito: Seasoned pork, onions, serrano peppers, garlic fried rice, scrambled egg, and marinated tomatoes with a side of chicharrones and vinegar dipping sauce
Both my spouse and I really liked this.
1711926805273.png

1711926929261.png

Grilled Top Sirloin with roasted garlic-gruyère smashed potatoes and black garlic chimichurri
This was also very good. Everyone in our party liked this.

1711927167427.png

Big Bad BBQ Pulled Pork Mac & Cheese with crispy dill pickle onions
This was just okay. The pork was good, mac n cheese and onions were pretty generic. It was kind of sloppily thrown together (in comparison to the sirloin above).
1711927386410.png

Carnitas-style Pork Belly with esquites corn mac salad featuring Tajín Habanero
I wasn't a fan, but one person in our group loved it.

1711927774167.png

Cheeseburger Bao with Thousand Island dressing, grilled onions, pickle, and tomato relish
This tasted surprisingly similar to a Big Mac. It was better than I expected. One person in our group really liked it.

1711928406756.png

BBQ Beef Brisket Slider with smoked white cheddar and dill pickles on salt and pepper brioche
Difficult to share as the brisket wasn't evenly spread out within the bun.

1711928603967.png

Because of the rain, we cancelled the WOC dessert party. Fortunately, someone cancelled at Carthay Circle, so we picked up those reservations instead.

I missed taking pictures of some of the food. We also had chicken brodo and cheddar house bread.

Spanish Potato Croquettes - there are seven per serving. I forgot to take a picture of the plate before we dug in.

1711929240176.png

Wildberry Lemonade

1711929824995.png

Sirloin Steak
Very well prepared and large portion. My spouse who is usually pretty cost conscious, said they would definitely go back and order again.

1711930219989.png

1711930763346.png

Thick Cut Pork Chop
Also excellent.

1711931134550.png
1711930968720.png

Lemon Meringue Macadamia Nut Cheesecake

1711931389834.png

Tiramisu Chocolate Tart
1711931889143.png

Going through some of my older pictures and found some from Napa Rose last year. Their menu is always changing so I'm not sure how much help this will be.

Bread - people rave about this. We found it disappointing.

1712540292712.png

Dipping sauces - Hummus, Marinara, Garlic Parmesan (I think)

1712540404685.png

Tiger Shrimp Salad (notice it is a Mickey)

1712540756249.png

Some sort of seafood chowder

1712540860075.png

Goose Shepherd's Pie

1712540962677.png

Ravioli - this was very well prepared

1712541058507.png

Sorbet

1712541172210.png

Pork Chop

1712541305862.png

Filet

1712541425833.png

Lamplight Lounge

This looks really grainy because I didn’t realize it didn’t fully focus but it’s the Turf and a Little Bit of Surf special for Food and Wine
So, filet, some cauliflower puree, soy glazed potatoes, asparagus, mushrooms, garlic red wine reduction, and shrimp toast
1712727746814.jpeg

This was actually really good! We wanted to try something fun with our lobster nachos and this delivered. The flavors were really good and the shrimp toast was interesting with a small kick.

The real star was the Strawberry Lychee Shortcake Donuts. Probably the favorite snack of the trip.
1712727726900.jpeg

I was wondering if that was the same one I saw on this thread.
It was the exact same dessert. I got the one in DCA on Tuesday 3/26 and picked up the one at Jolly Holiday the next day cause I thought they were difference (descriptions were different) and they were the exact same. I wasn't very impressed with either. They weren't bad but there are better desserts out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter