My experience with selling DVC contracts.

I sold a contract through A Timeshare Broker.http://www.atimeshare.com/ Listed on 8-1-07, sold within hours (50 point contract), closed on 9-14-07. Every aspect went very smooth, no problems, recieved my check from the title company on 9-17-07. I would definitely use them again. I initially tried to contact TTS to list with them but my contact person was never there.

Hi
I'm new here and have a few questions. Those of you who decided to sell off your pts, did you make your initial money back? Did you sell it for the same price you paid for it, or did your price reflect current rising prices? I'm asking these questions, cuz I want to buy in at the GC Villas, but if I'm not happy 10 years from now, what happens?
Thanks!

After all of the expenses of selling were deducted and the dues taken off for the rest of the year, the amount that I actually cleared was within $100 of what I paid. That means no capital gains.

These contracts were bought in 1998, 2001, and 2002.

So buy GCV fearlessly. :thumbsup2

I just sold my 230 point OKW contract through the TTS. It was (mostly) painless except the salesperson who forgot that we were on vacation in Asia until 9/8 and left many annoying "have you received the paperwork? Please send it back today!" messages on our phones. No we can't ... we were out of the country ... just like we told you! I do feel sorry for our buyers because I know that they wanted to make reservations ASAP :(.

FWIW, I am very happy with our sale. We paid next to nothing for nearly 10 years at OKW :). Unfortunately, AKL and CRV are calling and I need to "buy where I want to stay". Our first AKV visit is this December in a Concierge Studio :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter