My final day with Walt Disney

NortheastNate

Earning My Ears
While at work i had a thought, if i could time travel where would i go and who would i see, and following the rules of time travel as not interfering with the time line or changing events, everything is a fixed point in time what would i do. I would spend the last day with Walt Disney.

I would ask him for a ride along in his mini train at his home, and go out for ice cream at Disneyland. I would tell him that this is his final day. Then show him three films. The Lion King, to show that his animation studio is still strong in story telling. Toy Story the new technology that would improve animation, and Frozen the story he wanted to tell, finally completed, then let him know that it won an Oscar for best animation.

as the day comes to an end as we sit on a bench looking at the castle i would tell him what Disney meant to me, how i grew up watching his stories. then i would ask him if there is anything he would like to know, and with a smile he would ask me where is neverland, "second star to the right and straight on till morning" i would reply, he would nod his head, stand up, shake my hand and walk down main street for the last time :sad:

what would you do if you could time travel and spend one day with Walt Disney

No changing history?

So no going back at time when Walt was is his 30s and maybe suggesting he quit smoking?

No changing history?

So no going back at time when Walt was is his 30s and maybe suggesting he quit smoking?

Yes, I still get mad when I think about how preventable his death was...not that he would lived forever but just imagine what else he could have done or what Walt Disney World would be like if he had lived ten more years.

Nevertheless, changing history aside, I'd love to spend a typical day with him. Eating the canned beans he loved, walking through his studios and going through the trash, taking out drawings artists threw out thinking they wouldn't meet Walt's approval, riding on his train at home. I'd just love to spend any kind of day with him to see his persistence and drive and learn from that. His potential was incredible and I can't imagine NOT learning something from him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter