My Parents Are Fighting And It Makes Me Sad

TsWade2

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I'm a little bit depressed today. Yesterday, my parents had an argument, because my mom told my dad that he forgot to bake a cake for her birthday. She's really mad at my Dad. My dad told me his side of the story that my mom told him that she bake her own birthday cake, but she didn't bake her own cake either. They're still not talking to each other and I feel very sad and mad at the same time. Based on the evidence I've heard, I think it's both their fault in my opinion. I feel like I don't want to live with my parents anymore and I feel like they might get a divorce. My dad assures me that there will never be a divorce, they'll make up eventually. I don't know if divorce is our religious beliefs, but it just feels like it. Today I came home from work to bought some cupcakes to make it for it. She loved it, but I don't know it'll make my parents reconcile. Now, I'm feeling like I don't want to live my parents anymore, but sadly, I'm unable to drive a car because of my autism. I wish to tell them it's their fault of their mistakes, but the problem is, my mom won't agree with me. So, I hope my parents get reconcile soon, but right now, I'm a little depressed of my parents being mad at each other. :sad1:

I think they will be okay, Ts. Parents, husbands/wives, do argue, get in fights for sure. Two people can not agree on everything. I'm sure they have had their disagreements in the past, will again in the future. My wife, Marie, and I have 50 years behind us. I'll leave it up to Marie to count up the times we have had our disagreements, arguments, etc. But, we always make up somewhere along the way.

Your cupcake idea was super, Ts. And yes, they will reconcile. Hang in there, buddy.

I am sorry you are depressed and worried. @Dan Murphy is spot on. Couples argue, nobody is perfect. Life isn’t rainbows and fairytales. We all make mistakes. It is learning how to live and grow with them, and be a better person.

They’ll be fine. You’ll be fine. In my family, if you weren’t arguing, it was because you didn’t care. That’s much worse.
Your parents sound pretty cool, actually. Sometimes people complain just to show that they care about each other. Well, at least in Greek families they do. 😜

Last edited:

Hey, man! It can feel so overwhelming and anxious to be around others who are in disagreement. I'm hoping this week was much better for you (& for them)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter