My TR - a bunch of reviews and random thoughts.

Wow congrats on taking the plunge! As with most countries, they do really appreciate it if you make an effort with the language. I don't remember that much, but I think it would come flooding back to me if I went.

Thanks. :) I've been quite excited all day thinking about it. The resorts look so pretty and it will be fun to try somewhere different.

Congrats! A trip to Bali and somewhere new is always a good thing.

We hired a taxi for the day. I think it ended up being about AU$25 - 30 for the entire day. The driver took us to the rice terraces, Ubud, the volcano, the beach, a fruit plantation and I can't remember what else. They all definitely have a standard tour day that they take the tourists on.
Just remember to bargain for the all-day price. The taxi driver told me that they do have a different price depending on what part of the world you come from.
Aussies were around that $30 a day.
Americans were around $45 a day.
Europeans were around $60 a day.

Looking forward to your next review.

Congrats! A trip to Bali and somewhere new is always a good thing. We hired a taxi for the day. I think it ended up being about AU$25 - 30 for the entire day. The driver took us to the rice terraces, Ubud, the volcano, the beach, a fruit plantation and I can't remember what else. They all definitely have a standard tour day that they take the tourists on. Just remember to bargain for the all-day price. The taxi driver told me that they do have a different price depending on what part of the world you come from. Aussies were around that $30 a day. Americans were around $45 a day. Europeans were around $60 a day. Looking forward to your next review.

Thanks heaps for the heads-up. :thumbsup2 I can't get over how cheap the taxis and tours in Bali are.

I also can't get over the sheer range of accommodation options - literally thousands. I have felt like a kid in a candy shop the last few days trawling through tripadvisor trying to decide.

We have 9 nights in total, so I have decided to split our stay 3 nights Nusa Dua, 3 nights uBud, and 3 nights Jimbaran. I have even pretty much picked the places we want to stay (with a few back-ups Incase they book out before I can afford to make a reservation).

So excited :)

Speaking of trips.....we probably need to think about your day in Melbourne. I've given work the heads-up about me taking the day off to spend it with you. :thumbsup2

Wohoo!! That is so cool. Thanks heaps for that!

Where would you recommend we visit?

Where would you like to go?? :rotfl:

There's the city....a bunch of zoos, gardens, shops, old buildings, foodie places. We could go for a local drive; and I suspect we won't be able to head too far as you have to be back at the ship before sunset?

Where would you like to go?? :rotfl: There's the city....a bunch of zoos, gardens, shops, old buildings, foodie places. We could go for a local drive; and I suspect we won't be able to head too far as you have to be back at the ship before sunset?

We will be going to zoo in Sydney as well as a wildlife place in Tasmania, so perhaps not a zoo.

However gardens, old buildings, and a foodie place for lunch all sound great. I'm confident you will know a great place to eat.

The ship leaves at 6pm, so we'd need to be onboard no later than about 5.

Wednesday 17th December. I hope you can make it. :)

The Dandenongs look beautiful. If the weather is nice, I'm definitely not opposed to a trip out your way.
Honestly, we would be happy to visit wherever you and PIO recommend. There is something really lovely about having a friendly local to show us around and I completely trust both you and PIO's tastes when it comes to tourist spots and eateries. Plus, there is something kind of nice about there being an element of surprise. :goodvibes

We dock at 8am, so I imagine we will be able to get off the ship anytime from about 9am.

The Dandenongs look beautiful. If the weather is nice, I'm definitely not opposed to a trip out your way.
Honestly, we would be happy to visit wherever you and PIO recommend. There is something really lovely about having a friendly local to show us around and I completely trust both you and PIO's tastes when it comes to tourist spots and eateries. Plus, there is something kind of nice about there being an element of surprise. :goodvibes

We dock at 8am, so I imagine we will be able to get off the ship anytime from about 9am.

Hmm might be tricky for me to get that whole day off :worried: I'll see what I can do ::yes::

We will be going to zoo in Sydney as well as a wildlife place in Tasmania, so perhaps not a zoo.

However gardens, old buildings, and a foodie place for lunch all sound great. I'm confident you will know a great place to eat.

The ship leaves at 6pm, so we'd need to be onboard no later than about 5.

If you're not careful, you might well find yourself at my place....and me cooking you some Char Kaoy Teow! :rotfl:

But there are some really decent places to eat in Melbourne. We just have to make sure what we eat and where we choose to eat suits your's and your DH's tastes.

Dandenongs?? That wouldn't leave us much time to see the other things around town.

Hmmm.

If you're not careful, you might well find yourself at my place....and me cooking you some Char Kaoy Teow! :rotfl: But there are some really decent places to eat in Melbourne. We just have to make sure what we eat and where we choose to eat suits your's and your DH's tastes. Dandenongs?? That wouldn't leave us much time to see the other things around town. Hmmm.

Lol, I'm guessing the Dandenongs are quite a distance from town. My geographical knowledge of the wider Melbourne area is zilch.

Be careful making threats as you never know, I might take you up on them. Your cooking looks delicious. :rotfl2:

See what you can do, but don't stress if you can't - I fully understand. :) Taking time off mid week is very challenging for me also.

It's not so much that, but that week will be chaotic. That Thursday (the day after) is pretty much the busiest day of the whole year for the business :rotfl: I'll ask today and see if anyone can come up with anything. It's a shame we can't do dinner!

And yes, the Dandenongs is usually considered a day trip from Melbourne. It's an hour or so out of town.

On another subject...

I can't quite believe I'm saying this, but DH and I followed in your footsteps and booked our anniversary trip to Bali! I never thought I'd go back, but DH hasn't been, and the Jetstar/Air Asia specials were just too good to pass up.

I haven't been since the whole internet travel thing really opened up (TripAdvisor, forums etc). I'm confident that I'll be able to research a nice place for us to stay and some enjoyable things to do :thumbsup2

On another subject... I can't quite believe I'm saying this, but DH and I followed in your footsteps and booked our anniversary trip to Bali! I never thought I'd go back, but DH hasn't been, and the Jetstar/Air Asia specials were just too good to pass up. I haven't been since the whole internet travel thing really opened up (TripAdvisor, forums etc). I'm confident that I'll be able to research a nice place for us to stay and some enjoyable things to do :thumbsup2

Woohoo! How exciting, we can plan together. When are you going?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter