MYW w/free dining ~ am I missing something??

cepmom

DIS Veteran
I posted this over on the budget board too, but thought I might get some more responses here as well:

A few weeks ago I got an email with a pin for the MYW package w/free dining plan. We already have our tickets and don't really want to sell them on ebay and risk losing $$ on the sale and deal with ebay fees, Paypal fees etc. I looked at all the numbers and found that I could get the MYW package with 4 nights at Poly, 1 day base ticket and get the free dining plan for about the same as we are going to spend by purchasing everything separately. Before I go ahead and cancel my room only reservation and put down the deposit for the MYW package, let me know if I'm missing something here. Here's the breakdown for the 5 of us (me, DH, DD15, DD8, DD5)

everything separate
4 nights Polynesian (GV room) AAA discount $1151
3 day hopper tickets $837
estimated food budget $150 day = $600
total $2588

MYW package
4 nights Polynesian
1 day base ticket
free dining plan
$1742.35 (includes trip insurance)
plus 3 day hoppers we already have $837
total $2579.35

so by switching to the MYW package, we can add 1 day to our passes and still save a couple of bucks...am I missing something? This is a no brainer, right? TIA

Exactly!!! It is a great deal, and the options for dining are awesome!! I say go for it!! One extra day of Magic in the parks, yeah for you :cool1: :cheer2:
We have the package at the WL Sept. 10-17 with an eight day hopper, and dining for $2438.00 for a family of 4. Have a Magical Trip!!! :earsboy:

Cepmom -

I was told that you can't do a one day base ticket with the free dining that you have to have the same number of nights and park hopper passes.

I wanted to do the same thing that you did because I already have the park hoppers. I was told NO, by CRO. She even put me on hold to go ask. Has anyone had success in doing a one day base ticket with the free dining??

Usually when you are switching a room only to a package reservation that includes tickets, Disney will take back and refund you the tickets you have already purchased. That is if you purchased them directly from Disney themselves and not through AAA or some other place.

I would check with them

klh999 ~
I made a reservation already with CRO (got a reservation # and received both an email and regular mail confirmation) for the 4 night package with 3 day hopper tickets (I thought I was going to be able to sell my tickets to a friend, but it fell through) and free dining plan (from the PIN code email I received), but then called yesterday to switch to the 1 day base ticket (no hopping). The CM didn't mention anything about not being able to do it that way. I even said to him "before I give you my CC# for the deposit, I just want to run it by my husband" He said " Oh, I'm sorry ~ I already changed your reservation from the 3 day hoppers to the 1 day base ticket ~ should I switch it back until you make your final decision?". I told him to leave it with the 1 day base ticket and he said I have until 6/3 to give my deposit. Do you think I should call back and confirm that everything is all set?

Joan1 ~
I bought the tickets from Discount Orlando Vacations before the MYW tickets came out ~ it was cheaper for me to buy them as the "old style" hoppers rather than the new MYW. They do accept returns, but they will charge a 10% restocking fee. Unfortunately, I didn't know I was going to receive this PIN code or I never would have bothered!

Thanks CepMom..

I am going to call and try to get my package switched to the one day park hoppers.

klh999 ~
let me know how you make out when you call CRO. I am interested to see if they let you switch to the 1 day ticket too.

cepmom, if there is anyway you can swing the extra cost now, and ever plan to go disney again, you might consider holding on to those tickets you bought through discount (unless they are some special type of ticket they are good forever) and switch to the parkhopping on your package. Just a thought.
I did something similar to what you did, I had 2 days booked at Poly AAA room only rate and was planning to stay offsite for 2 other days. I got the pin code and decided for the cost difference (it will be $500 more for us, but we'll eat through that in no time) it was a great splurge, so I booked Poly with the MYW package plus hopping for 4 nights(sep6-10), 5 days of tickets and the free dining plan for 5 of us. pkg cost $2538. (3 kids, 10,10,12, all counted as adults.) My only problem is that my original invoice/confirmation doesn't say park hopping. I've called twice and they assure me that it is included, but my 2nd phone call I asked them to send a new invoice so I would have it in writing. Hopefully I'll get that soon. When I have that in hand, I'll cancel my room only AAA reservation. Enjoy your trip, planning those meals is lots of fun!

rifamtrav ~
I thought of keeping the old hoppers for another trip too ~ I'm just not sure when we'll be able to get back there. DH and I are planning a kids free trip next September for our 10th anniversary (DCL cruise), but we probably won't be getting to the parks that time. I don't really want to spend the extra $$ now to switch to 3 or 4 day hoppers on the MYW plan since we don't have another trip to the World planned any time soon :sad2: but thanks for your input! Sounds like your family will have a great time on your upcoming trip!

Cepmom, yeah, that makes sense, it sounds like you have a great deal so its best to just go with it. I've probably been spending too much time "scheming" for this trip! The only other tidbit of info that might be nice to know is if you buy your kid a park hopper pass (one with no expiration date) and they don't use it all and you come back years later when they're no longer a kid, they can still use it with no additional charge (disney policy), as long as they started using it when they were under 10yo.

Have you received your invoice (initial confirmation on the pkg) yet? I'm really curious if it says park hopper or not. When I posted a question about my situation (the invoice doesn't say it) most replies said it was on theirs and I should check it. I'm hoping to get it straightened out when they send me a new invoice.
Enjoy your trip.

actually I did receive a confirmation on my original reservation (w/3 day hoppers). It does say 3 day park hop 1 per person. Hopefully when your new confirmation comes in the mail, it will indicate hoppers as well.

Is there any way to totally comfirm this deal.....

I have been told that the # of free dining days is based on your nights w/park tickets.

I am so confused. :confused3

My TA said you need to buy at least one day of tickets with the room to make a package, but the dining plan needs to be for all nights spent onsite.

I have a 6 night stay booked, with free dining for 6 nights, and only one day base tickets. This is totally doable, so call back. :flower:

hi ...

sorry if this is a stupid question .. but i have been scanning the boards the past few days ... finally have dates to go to Disney for the first time this coming August!!! And I am curious -- how does one get at Pin Code to obtain this deal on the free dining, etc ???

What I want to look into is this ... BF is active duty military. With that, I think we can get a 3 night stay at 30% off the base rate. ((the other 4 nights of our stay we are staying at the Homewood Suites in Kissimmee)). I want to see if maybe I can get in on this free dining deal and see which one would actually work out more beneficial to us financially.

As a single mom w/ a 6 year old and a BF I only see a few times a year, I need to try to be as frugal as i can !!

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!!

Jay

Jay,

If you are going at the end of August, you are probably eligible for the free dining. It appears that this offer, which was originally only sent to certain people on a random basis, is being opened up for everyone. You will be able to book it starting tomorrow. The rumor is that it will only be available on stays of 5 nights or more, and is available 8/21 through 10/4. The specifics are that you would receive 1 counter service meal, one table service meal, and one snack per day for each member of your party. More info is available on the Disney website, or you can check the Restaurant board on the Dis for a thread with FAQ. Hope you have a great trip. :)

klh999 said:
Cepmom -

I was told that you can't do a one day base ticket with the free dining that you have to have the same number of nights and park hopper passes.

I wanted to do the same thing that you did because I already have the park hoppers. I was told NO, by CRO. She even put me on hold to go ask. Has anyone had success in doing a one day base ticket with the free dining??

I think you can, I just changed my reservations today. I orginally was booked from 8/19/05 -8/27/05-POFQ. I called today to see if I could modify my reservations to get the free dining beginning offered as of the 8/21/05. This is how the cr modify my stay. She booked the 2 days with magic your way dining for the 2 days and a 7 day park hopper plus tickets(remember that your tickets are good for 14days after your arrival.) She then booked the package with magic your way dining from 8/21/05 through 8/27/05 and because it is a package to get the free dining, She added in a one day park ticket to it. You have to have at least a day ticket to get the dining option. This saved me $550.00. I did have to give her another 200.00 deposit on the second part of this reservation and I have to check out and check back in on the 21st. She said I wouldn't have to change rooms, and it wouldn't be a problem, and I have the same reservation number for both stays and the same number days for tickets. I may have paid a little more for the 1 day ticket, but still saved 550.00 for the 8 days. Hope this makes sense. If not let me know and I will try to give more details.

cepmom said:
I posted this over on the budget board too, but thought I might get some more responses here as well:

A few weeks ago I got an email with a pin for the MYW package w/free dining plan. We already have our tickets and don't really want to sell them on ebay and risk losing $$ on the sale and deal with ebay fees, Paypal fees etc. I looked at all the numbers and found that I could get the MYW package with 4 nights at Poly, 1 day base ticket and get the free dining plan for about the same as we are going to spend by purchasing everything separately. Before I go ahead and cancel my room only reservation and put down the deposit for the MYW package, let me know if I'm missing something here. Here's the breakdown for the 5 of us (me, DH, DD15, DD8, DD5)

everything separate
4 nights Polynesian (GV room) AAA discount $1151
3 day hopper tickets $837
estimated food budget $150 day = $600
total $2588

MYW package
4 nights Polynesian
1 day base ticket
free dining plan
$1742.35 (includes trip insurance)
plus 3 day hoppers we already have $837
total $2579.35

so by switching to the MYW package, we can add 1 day to our passes and still save a couple of bucks...am I missing something? This is a no brainer, right? TIA
Aloha! I think you have a GREAT DEAL here...mostly because of your original estimate on food $$. Your entire clan will easily consume $150 per day at one nice sit down meal (say dinner)...before even factoring in b'fast or lunch! With this plan, you can eat at say Ohana or the other great b'fast/dinner buffets @ roughly $25 p/p EVERY DAY and get your other meals for free!! Enjoy!

momxx5 said:
Is there any way to totally comfirm this deal.....

I have been told that the # of free dining days is based on your nights w/park tickets.

I am so confused. :confused3

IT was my understanding ( and I have been wrong before) that you had to buy a one-park-a day- base ticket per day- for the length of your stay to get this package.

klh999 said:
Cepmom -

Not true :) Just booked a package with a 1 day base ticket and free dining, we are AP holders, so we didn't need the ticket..but we just made our stay a day longer than normal!! YAY!! :cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter