Narcoosees vs Flying Fish

Which would you prefer for a nice dinner?

• 1. Narcoosees

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • 2. Flying Fish

Votes: 41 66.1%

• Total voters
And pre-dinner drinks along the monorail could be fun.
Just did this! Lapu’s first, then monorail to the GF!

We went to Narcoosee’s last week and had an excellent experience. In September we visited the FF, and while the food was great, we found it loud.
As others have stated, parking at both is an issue. Disney transportation is the way to go, be it monorail or skyliner. We used Uber when leaving the GF for pure convenience.
Honestly, both are solid choices.

Narcoossees for us. Even though we stay at BWV and FF would be more convenient, the FF gluten free options for my seafood-avoiding DW can be really limiting. We were at WDW just last week and ended up changing a FF reservation to Citricos (couldn’t find a last-minute reservation at Narcoossees). We find both Narcoossees and Citricos to have excellent service and food.

I don't think there's a better experience than being at Narcoossees either at a window table or outside on the deck as the fireworks are going off. Narcoossees is a personal must do and probably the only one that consistently lives up to expectations.

I would base my decision on location. Where are you staying? A short walk at the end of dinner beats a couple of buses. Even beats ride share
We are staying at the Contemporary Resort so Narcoosees would probably be more convenient. And my husband uses a scooter as well so transfers become more of an issue. With all the positive feedback on Flying Fish, I'm sure we will try that one next time. Thanks for all the help.

No contest- Flying Fish.
Narccoossee’s isnt “chopped liver” but it’s difficult to compare the two and not cast shade on N. Maybe it’s too close to MK ? I’ve a theory about the food served in that region with only the high altitude of CG saving it, LOL.

I could enumerate why it wins but would only be repeating what other posters have said. I do know that when we learned you could get FF via room service at BWI it catapulted that hotel into our favorite WDW resort.

Have fun wherever you roam.

Sliding in to join because these are both at the top of the list for my birthday trip too (and honeymoon). What's everyone's favorite dishes at each?

Sliding in to join because these are both at the top of the list for my birthday trip too (and honeymoon). What's everyone's favorite dishes at each?
The menus change pretty often,
they were different between Nov and Feb

never really had anything I didn’t love at either one of them

it’s hard to say….

I don't even eat seafood, but these are my two favorite restaurants! You really can not go wrong with either. If you want to see fireworks, then go for Narccoossee. It really is a fantastic view- I just hope you can get and ADR.

For anyone who has been to Narccoossee since the reopen- do they let you go out on the deck from the door at the bathrooms or are they still making you exit through the main doors to the restaurant and walk around?

I don't even eat seafood, but these are my two favorite restaurants! You really can not go wrong with either. If you want to see fireworks, then go for Narccoossee. It really is a fantastic view- I just hope you can get and ADR.

For anyone who has been to Narccoossee since the reopen- do they let you go out on the deck from the door at the bathrooms or are they still making you exit through the main doors to the restaurant and walk around?
The doors to the deck are unlocked,
nobody said we couldn’t go out there,
‘nobody seemed to care that we were out there,

but I didn’t ask if the rules had changed, nor have I heard that did…

i have watch the electric light show out there 3 times since Nov.

I was looking forward to trying Flying Fish on our August trip. I was concerned because we will bring a 5 year old and one adult who basically just moves food around their plate. I figured I would go anyway since the other 2 adults enjoy a good meal.

I just found out another non-eating adult is going to join us for a few days on the trip and will be with us the time I would be booking Flying Fish.

What do you think- is the meal worth the waste of paying for additional meals that will not be eaten?

Do they allow adults to share a plate for a small cost? Last year I got lucky once and Yak and Yeti let the 2 adults share an order. Not sure if any other restaurants allow that.

I was looking forward to trying Flying Fish on our August trip. I was concerned because we will bring a 5 year old and one adult who basically just moves food around their plate. I figured I would go anyway since the other 2 adults enjoy a good meal.

I just found out another non-eating adult is going to join us for a few days on the trip and will be with us the time I would be booking Flying Fish.

What do you think- is the meal worth the waste of paying for additional meals that will not be eaten?

Do they allow adults to share a plate for a small cost? Last year I got lucky once and Yak and Yeti let the 2 adults share an order. Not sure if any other restaurants allow that.
My wife and I usually share an appetizer, we have never been charged....
They also can serve the appetizer as a meal or with everyone else's meal....

that said, I think the average meal is about 45 or 50 bucks so, you really have to like someone to bring them knowning they are going to eat....

Read the appetizer menu to get an idea of what’s available. Like other posters I’ve never had a problem ordering only apps at table although when it’s just the man and I and we just want a little nosh and drinks we sat by the kitchen window. As for children, the first time we ate here was probably Christmas Eve of 2018. Our then 8 y/o DGD was in attendance and although she opted to eat from the regular menu, a children’s menu was available. The same night a large party was in attendance who took up almost the entire back room. It seemed to be grandparents, their children and spouses and grandchildren. They offered our DGD a special punch made for their table as a holiday treat. Memorable meal, amazing food and service and gracious guests- what’s not to like?

My adult daughter orders the cheese plate for dinner! She is still picky. She does order a glass or two of wine. Our other daughter will order off the kids menu. I admit it is getting to the point that I just don't want to take them to restaurants that they won't eat off the regular menu! We have not had a problem at most restaurants. Most servers just laugh and say it's ok!

It's so good and well worth a try. My friends shared an entree when we dined there. Our server didn't bat an eye and there was not a charge that I recall. I don't remember if they split in the kitchen for them or if they had to do themselves at the table. Full disclosure, we all had adult beverages and appetizers as well. Generally, they're very used to kids and open to sharing plates. That said, if you're a party of 5 (4 adults and 1 child) and planning to order one entree to split between two of you, that gives me a little pause (I may be interpreting your plans incorrectly). They're really open to working with allergies and preferences, maybe there's an appetizer or some adjusted entree or just dessert that could work for the "non-eaters"? Or they could share a plain entree? There's no minimum order and you should do what you're comfortable with (it's truly a great restaurant), but speaking only for myself, I'd feel awkward if half the table (excl. the child) wasn't ordering anything at all (even if I planned to make up for it with the tip).

It's so good and well worth a try. My friends shared an entree when we dined there. Our server didn't bat an eye and there was not a charge that I recall. I don't remember if they split in the kitchen for them or if they had to do themselves at the table. Full disclosure, we all had adult beverages and appetizers as well. Generally, they're very used to kids and open to sharing plates. That said, if you're a party of 5 (4 adults and 1 child) and planning to order one entree to split between two of you, that gives me a little pause (I may be interpreting your plans incorrectly). They're really open to working with allergies and preferences, maybe there's an appetizer or some adjusted entree or just dessert that could work for the "non-eaters"? Or they could share a plain entree? There's no minimum order and you should do what you're comfortable with (it's truly a great restaurant), but speaking only for myself, I'd feel awkward if half the table (excl. the child) wasn't ordering anything at all (even if I planned to make up for it with the tip).
We will definitely order appetizers and the 5 year old will order.

No one will not order. It is just 2 people who don’t eat what they order so if they can split a meal or both order appetizers instead that would be great.

To be honest I would bet we go and order full meals and appetizers for all 5 of us and we end up with 2 meals basically not touched.

No one will not order. It is just 2 people who don’t eat what they order so if they can split a meal or both order appetizers instead that would be great.

To be honest I would bet we go and order full meals and appetizers for all 5 of us and we end up with 2 meals basically not touched.
I don't think there will be any issue if your two "non-eaters" share something. Hope you enjoy it!

My adult daughter orders the cheese plate for dinner! She is still picky. She does order a glass or two of wine. Our other daughter will order off the kids menu. I admit it is getting to the point that I just don't want to take them to restaurants that they won't eat off the regular menu! We have not had a problem at most restaurants. Most servers just laugh and say it's ok!
Sorry I have to ask,
‘one daughter is ordering wine, one off the children’s menu….. are they real far apart in age, or just picky eaters…

but I do agree servers are there to make you happy

My adult daughter is incredibly picky. Looking at the menu, she will either get a "salad" (lettuce and dressing) or the chicken strips. Disney is really great about accommodating picky eaters, otherwise we couldn't go to half the places on property. Most of the time, if they have the ingredients, they'll even whip something up that's not on the menu. That's been our experience, anyway.

My adult daughter is incredibly picky. Looking at the menu, she will either get a "salad" (lettuce and dressing) or the chicken strips. Disney is really great about accommodating picky eaters, otherwise we couldn't go to half the places on property. Most of the time, if they have the ingredients, they'll even whip something up that's not on the menu. That's been our experience, anyway.
I don’t see chicken strips on the adult or child menu? I do see chicken breast and pan seared chicken though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter