Narcoosees vs Flying Fish

Which would you prefer for a nice dinner?

• 1. Narcoosees

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • 2. Flying Fish

Votes: 41 66.1%

• Total voters

irene6118

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are taking a trip to WDW for his birthday. No kids this time, just us:love:. I can't decide whether to make reservations at Narcoosees or Flying Fish for his birthday dinner. Can ya'll help me to decide? Thanks in advance.

I have dined at both recently, and I agree with Ross: Flying Fish would be my choice for a birthday dinner!

My husband and I are taking a trip to WDW for his birthday. No kids this time, just us:love:. I can't decide whether to make reservations at Narcoosees or Flying Fish for his birthday dinner. Can ya'll help me to decide? Thanks in advance.

We were just at WDW and ate at both restaurants. As we are DVC owners at the Boardwalk, Flying Fish has been a long time favorite. They NEVER disappoint and did not this time. However, we booked at Narcoosee's this time to try out the new menu and decor. I must honestly say that it was a very good experience and the food was on a par with Flying Fish. That is saying a lot for me, the last time we ate at Narcoosees was in 2019 and the experience and food were way below Flying Fish and I vowed to skip it in future. However, we went this time because our son was with us and he is a seafood lover. Look at the menus. They do each have some some different signature dishes and special cocktails for your celebration.

How is flying fish service on lets say a Monday compared to a Friday/Sat/Sun? Always a different vibe at restaurants during the week ( or maybe it's not like that at Disney Resort Restaurants due to everyone vacationing )

How is flying fish service on lets say a Monday compared to a Friday/Sat/Sun? Always a different vibe at restaurants during the week ( or maybe it's not like that at Disney Resort Restaurants due to everyone vacationing )
Our visit was on a Wednesday and the service was great.

Up until recently, I probably would have said FF. But we've really enjoyed the "new" Narcoossees and would highly recommend it. We enjoyed the food and service more than FF. Obviously, FF is still a fine place, but we now put Narcoossees ahead. They've done an amazing job with the reno of the restaurant and the menu.

For us they are both the best two restaurants at WDW we would do either happily so for me it would be down to which was closest to my hotel. We chose Narcooses last trip just because we were staying at the GF

You won't go wrong with either, but I think Flying Fish is a step up in food and atmosphere.

Flying Fish—no question.

I ate at Narcoosee’s back in October and was a bit disappointed in the quality of the food. I remembered it being much better, perhaps close to Flying Fish but not quite there. Perhaps it was an off night. Flying Fish is always amazing and is my favorite restaurant on property, except perhaps California Grill but the special location of the latter weighs a lot for me.

It's hard to go wrong with either but based on our last 2 visits to Narcoosees last year, I would have to go with that. We've had the Redfish, Scallops, Filet, and Shrimp Dish and all were excellent! That's a pretty good batting average IMO. I find the atmosphere nicer at Narcoossees, to be honest. It's a lovely view from there out to MK and the fireworks from the balcony are a bonus.

I truly love both. Where are you staying (i.e. is transportation a factor)? The parking at Grand Floridian is a bit of a pain currently (they have you park across the street due to construction). BUT Narcoossee's does offer fireworks viewing that's pretty special. And pre-dinner drinks along the monorail could be fun. That said, plenty of fun to be had along the Boardwalk as well and an evening stroll can be romantic (weather permitting). I wouldn't hesitate to eat at either one and if I had to pick one would probably go with the menu that appealed more and/or the one that was easier to get to.

I would base my decision on location. Where are you staying? A short walk at the end of dinner beats a couple of buses. Even beats ride share

Yes, location should be considered also. We have our car since we drive down so it isn't an issue for us. Parking can be a pain at BW too if something is going on at the convention center. We know from experience.

If I had to pick one right now it would be flying fish. If I were you I would just do both spots at some point but if you can only pick one flying fish

FF for atmosphere but location/convenience is also a factor I would consider here.

Flying Fish is our favorite! We eat there at least twice each trip. We will be there on the 18th for our anniversary dinner. Chelsea is the server we love and ask for her all the time. The service is fantastic and the food is always spot on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter