NBA at Walt Disney World

And MLS just had a team drop out of their tournament. The bubble is not going well so far. This may make NBA players more hesitant to come.

Here's a report from ABC News about how they will handle positive tests:
https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/docum...ting-process-orlando-campus/story?id=71291217

There is a lot more in there about how it's all being handled.

Also on ABC this morning was a good rundown of how they are operating this. Teams are at one of 3 locations: GF, CS Gran Destino, and Yacht Club. The teams on the bubble for playoffs are going to be at Yacht Club. Once playoffs are reached, 2 rooms per player will be made available for family members. Each team has access to personal care by appointment (hair, etc.) and each team has a dedicated culinary team working on menus specific to each team's needs.

All very interesting. Certainly there are few places in the world that could respond to such an unusual need!

The Toronto Raptors intentionally arrived early in Florida, more than 2 weeks ago. So Far they have reported no positive tests. The positive results reported should come as no surprise. NBA players have been living in the real world, just like the rest of us. Whole purpose of the “bubble” is to keep them safer than they would be otherwise.

Looks like the Wizards and Nets will have to send their backups/D-League squad to the restart with many starters either injured or opting out.

Players were arriving yesterday and continue today and for a few days. Any player already tested positive cannot join at this time.

ABC showed that all players and entourage (including media) are equipped with an app and magic band into which they enter health info each day. They take their temperatures and Oxygen Saturation with personal devices issued to them. Any time they enter a public area their magic band is scanned and lights up green if their health indicators are good, blue if not and they have to go to medical in that case.

Looks like they got full sized toiletries in the shower (that weren't bolted to the wall)! :rotfl:
Not to seem to respond to a joke seriously, but is something interesting to note. I'm assuming that's Grand Floridian (not Yacht Club, and there's a balcony, so not Gran Destino). I'm guessing GF doesn't have the kind attached to the wall (yet), and it certainly makes more sense to give them full-sized ones since they're likely staying there for almost 2 months. I believe they're limiting how much housekeeping is going in there, and having those tiny bottles would mean they'd have to replenish them more often. I wouldn't have guessed though that they had a large supply of the big bottles - never see them other than a few for sale in the gift shops (which I always question how much of it they sell given the price).

Not to seem to respond to a joke seriously, but is something interesting to note. I'm assuming that's Grand Floridian (not Yacht Club, and there's a balcony, so not Gran Destino). I'm guessing GF doesn't have the kind attached to the wall (yet), and it certainly makes more sense to give them full-sized ones since they're likely staying there for almost 2 months. I believe they're limiting how much housekeeping is going in there, and having those tiny bottles would mean they'd have to replenish them more often. I wouldn't have guessed though that they had a large supply of the big bottles - never see them other than a few for sale in the gift shops (which I always question how much of it they sell given the price).

Yes, that's GF. I'm guessing they could have pulled inventory from other resort gift shops or H2O was more than happy to supply the NBA with full size product for the duration of their stay - revenue for them plus in-room advertising for players and staff. I would imagine a lot of the guys brought their own stuff though. They're pretty serious about the toiletries they pack in their Dopp kits. Probably not a lot of H2O products in their Vuitton and Goyard bags!

Its funny how Evan Fournier described the GF as "just a room" when most Disney people would be going crazy about getting a room there.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ities-restarting-seasons-Florida-bubbles.html

I know DailyMail is very clickbaity normally, but this story definitely doesn’t look good for Disney. The headline is extremely misleading, making the scroller on their main website think that the WNBA players, who were finding roach traps and rat traps in their rooms, are also staying at Disney. Why do news sites just love to heap on Disney at the first sign of any trouble?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter