Need advice on possible AP tickets

LOVETHATMOUSE

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>*~*Some LOVE from
We are going to WDW 12/3-12/13. I have secured that great Ent. rate at HIFS, but am still a little upset we are not staying onsite - which we always do. We have the hotel for the first 3 days, then the 6-13th we do the cruise. I need to purchase tix for the 3 days we are doing the park. Here is my dilema...

Do I purchase a 7 day pass and save the left over days, or purchase an annual pass for myself, and the 7 days for my dd and dh. We are possibly taking a trip in April for a few days, so the passess will be used up then. My friend said maybe I should get an annual to get the AP rates on the hotels. Will it be a tremendous saving? What should I do. It seems the AP is not a lot more than the 7 day +. The AP expires in a year, yet the 7 day is good forever. Is it worth it to do the AP thing just for the hotel discounts? Are there any other discounts available with the AP? I used to be a CM, so this was never an issue with me, but now that I no longer work for Disney, I need to see the "cheap" ways to go now.

Thanks!

Hi.

In your case, there is no reason to get an AP for this trip. I would just buy a 3 or 4 day hopper pass this time.

If you return in April, then you can consider getting AP's. Usually the break even point compared to Hopper passes is 8 days of use. However, you can get deep room discounts of up to 45%.

I you plan to return after your April trip, with a year, then there is no question - you want an AP.

Also note, you can make an AP ressie without buying an AP. Only need to have it at time of check-in.

HTH,
D

If this is the Disney cruise isn't there a real good deal at Swan/Dolphin for after and/or before Cruises?(anyone?) We were at the Swan for 5 days of our last trip and it was pretty good. Great location. I would definitely do that before going off site. This is usually a pretty slow time so they may have other discounts on Disney Resorts, just won't be out for a while.
Good Luck...

Would you use the discount from the AP ticket to get a room discount for this trip and move onsite? If so, then it might be worth it to get AP's now, provided AP discounts come out. Check Mousesavers.com to make sure it's worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter