Need cookie recipe

marlasmom

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have a recipe for a rich, sweet, sugar cookie that is a refrigerator cookie?

I, too, am searching cookie books, but since I am gone from the house for 14 hours every day, I am not going to do elaborate cookies this year, just bars and drops and refrigerator cookies. Somehow I am not able to make good spritz cookies any more - don't know why. Any tips appreciated.

Hi, I found this online, but it is the exact same recipe I use...(too lazy to type it out...), if you go to Christmascookies.com, you'll find tons of stuff...
:)

Have a great day!

Sugar Cookies

A simple sugar cookie recipe with a tender, flakey texture and a buttery taste. Yum! In spite of the humble name, this is THE BEST sugar cookie recipe at christmas-cookies.com.

2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder

Blend butter & sugar until fluffy. Add egg & vanilla, mix until just combined. Add flour & baking powder in intervals. Dough will seem as if doesn't have enough moisture but continue to mix with mixer until combined. Shape into disk & wrap in plastic wrap & put in refrigerator until firm. Preheat oven to 375F. Roll out dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Cut out with cookie cutters and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool for one minute and then transfer to wire rack. Allow cookie sheet to cool thoroughly before placing uncooked dough on it. Decorate cookies with Royal icing and sprinkles. Can be stored in freezer undecorated for 2 months.

For more great recipes like this one, be sure to visit http://www.christmas-cookies.com

So, I am hosting 18 at my house for Thanksgiving. Of course I want to do it right. My mom has had T-day at her house since I was born.........

Anyways, she usually put out chips, dips, cheese plates etc. while we chat and get ready for dinner. I would like to do something a little different............What??? I don't know.

I am asking for help and any suggestions?? I want things to look pretty.

Thanks in advance!!

OOPS!!! Just realized I replied instead of new thread. Don't quite know how to change it so I'll start another thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter