Need Help! Forbidden Journey Seat Size

Demeter04

Earning My Ears
I have a friend who is dieting and working out to fit into the Forbidden Journey. I have read so many things and the only seat sizes I can find are the original seats. So any help and words of encouragement would be helpful. Our trip is Sept 11. Below are her sizes.

Chest: 50
Waist: 44

At the widest she is 53 and her thighs are about 17 around and her arms too. She is about 300lb(down 6lbs from last week) she wears a 22W Jean and about a 24/26 top. Any help would be great. And if anybody can get me a picture of the modified seats it would really help. I have been testing her on roller coaster test seats here in Texas and she is less than 2inches from the buckle latching on a nonmodified seat (her gut is almost there though)

Here is the measurements for the seat for the ride we tried. I used the measurements from Forbidden Journey's nonmodified seat to find where to measure

30 tall
9/10 thigh
15 back
18 to front
13 to middle

The minimum size at the girth is 18 inches from left to right

I can't help with the chest size, but I wear a 22 for jeans and I was able to fit in the modified seat with no problem. Best of luck to her in her weight loss!

Thanks she has lost 2 inches in the chest since this started. I think she will be okay at this point but I am pushing her to lose more as a safety net. She is feeling better about herself too. To go from a. 46/30 men's pant to a 22W women's is a huge change. And that is in less than 4 weeks and those pants are coming off now. Lol. I am a small fry so I don't even know how high up 3 clicks would be. I went on a ride with similar seats and its biggest size to click was 20 inches. We literally went around the park for test seats close. She got 2 clicks last time we were there in April when she was wearing a men's 3xl shirt and now she is in a men's 2xl shirt just because of her bottom half(she was to self conscious for the XL which fit okay)

I wear a 20-22 pant and 42D measurement on top (usually 20-22 tops) and have been able to ride all the rides, including FJ.

My chest measures 50 inches around (42 G), my hips were about 50 inches as well, and I wore a 20 pants. I wore a minimizer and fit ok. I wore a loose sundress and bike shorts. More room for things to smush around. Great job on your friend losing the weight. Fitting on Forbidden Journey was my weight lose goal too.

I would like to update, she is wearing a size 18/20 top just fine and a size away from 20 in the pants(she got some 20 capris on though)

I went with a buddy of mine...he is a big guy, broad shouldered and tall too...even if he lost weight, he'd still be big like a football player.

The FJ ride has special seating that you can ask for on certain carts. He was able to fit in those just fine. You might wait a little longer for one of the special cars, but not long.

Just went on this ride for the first time back in May and was worried after reading these posts. I wear a size 20 jean and 16/18 top and I'm 5'5 and weigh about 205 and I was quite comfortable sitting in the larger seat, I tried the seat outside and the ride and it fit but felt a bit snug so I opted for the larger seat in order to be more comfortable and it worked out just great.:cheer2:

I would like to share, she is down to a 20W pant and an XL women's top. Yesterday we clasped two test seats at Six Flags. One was meant for dimensions no greater than 53 inches and the other smaller. 3 weeks ago we were 2 inches from clasping it. It required a small push from me but nothing extreme. Both had smaller seats the FJ too. 5 more weeks until we leave! I think she is going to have no problems I just wish I could find more pictures of people in the test seat close to her size. Lol

Last edited:
I am a guy 6'2 285 with all my weight in my gut. Any chance I will be able to ride? It kills me I even have to think about these things but it is the price to pay when you eat BBQ like I do.

Give it a try! I was very nervous about fitting. I am 5'8" 275 lbs. I was too embarrassed to try to seats out front. Each time I passed a cast member I tried to hide thinking if they didn't see me I would be ok. Once I got on, I had no trouble. The cast member pushed the bar down to get the final click and asked if I was ok. No problem at all! DH is about your height and had no trouble either.

Good luck! It was amazing!

reading along with this post is this ride the worst one for seating or are there othere rides that my cause a heavy person problems? My wife is 5 foot 2 and about 250 lbs. I no that sounds like a lot but she was touching 300 not to long ago and we only have 44 days to get her were she can ride.

Any of the serious thrill rides have restrictions. Hulk, rip ride rockit, even the mummy because of the way the lap bar works, dr doom fearfall, etc.

But your wife should try. I think she'll be ok. It is tempting to wear tight clothes to squeeze yourself in, but more people seem to have success with looser clothes and letting the restraint squish you. I am 5'3" and was 220 when I joined WW after most miserable trip. I was in a 20W pant but should have been in 22w, and was in an xl top except one that was a 2x. I did not have issues on FJ except for hurt feelings (because I was in denial) when I was pointed to the modified restraint seats. Mummy was fine. Alas I think that's all I did of the thrill rides that trip.

I had forgotten to update;

My friend made it on the ride. She did need that extra push but no problems!

She's back on the diet trying to get to a firm 18w pant and no more extra push

Her mom is taking us in a month and a half and I am concerned by her dimensions though.

Bust 40D
Shirt Size 3xL
Pants 24/26

My friend out on her pants and top and seemed to for her okay but need a little more help.

I have so much anxiety about this trip next week. Last time I went, I think I wore a 22 and was 5'5" and probably 270??? Now I wear a 24 and 3x shirt and am 286:scared1: I'm scared this is going to be a horrible trip for my family. Last time I rode in the modified seats on hulk and Dueling Dragons. They didn't have the ripriderocket or the Harry Potter. I don't remember about the mummy. I know I could fit but not sure how much room I had. The worst ride I experienced was the Dudley Do Right Falls. I will never ride that ride again probably even if I am able to lose a lot of weight. It was the most embarrassing moment. You have to get down really low in the ride and I had on crocs that kept sliding every time I tried to get up (with the water on the floor of the ride) It took forever for my husband to get me out of the log. It is not comfortable getting into if you are heavy.

Any of the serious thrill rides have restrictions. Hulk, rip ride rockit, even the mummy because of the way the lap bar works, dr doom fearfall, etc.

But your wife should try. I think she'll be ok. It is tempting to wear tight clothes to squeeze yourself in, but more people seem to have success with looser clothes and letting the restraint squish you. I am 5'3" and was 220 when I joined WW after most miserable trip. I was in a 20W pant but should have been in 22w, and was in an xl top except one that was a 2x. I did not have issues on FJ except for hurt feelings (because I was in denial) when I was pointed to the modified restraint seats. Mummy was fine. Alas I think that's all I did of the thrill rides that trip.
So you think loose clothes would be better than a girdle? I know they would be more comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter