Need Help! Forbidden Journey Seat Size

My advice? Yank that restraint down yourself. They've made I so the employees can not "force" the restraint to the click. They can push it very lightly but can no jar it.

Last time I went I was on the border of good and not good to ride. (Somehow despite losing weight and having no problem the previous trip) the first attempt that trip I was sent away. The second attempt I hopped into the seat and pulled the restraint down on myself with a bit of force. The employee was surprised but she said I was in and off I went.

My main problem is not my waist size but my chest size. As a curvy female they just prevent the restraint from coming all the way into place. That's why I hate overhead restraints. I had lost weight clearly in my waist but my chest remained stubbornly in place.

I plan on trying a minimizing bra next trip if I go on the ride again.

My husband is big(6'5" 300 lb). When we went to fj last year, person at front asked him to do the test seat. He wanted to try the actual modified seat but got mad and said he didn't want to try. He had been on year before and it clicked but he couldn't breathe so got off. He had lost a few lbs so he thought he could do modified. He got on hulk no problem, so my question is, could he have got on fj?

My husband usually forces mine in until it clicks unless I am riding in the modified seat row and he is in the front row with our daughters.

When we went, the cast member did a good push for the last clock for my friend. It wasn't too forceful, but it wasn't small. This was back in September. Her mom is very close to her size. Minimizes helped her a lot. She even got on while wearing her robes.

DH is 6'3" and 300. He's concerned about the rides in Harry Potter.

DH is 6'3" and 300. He's concerned about the rides in Harry Potter.
I'm 6'3" and 320. I was at Universal earlier this summer. Was able to ride everything in the park except once. Some rides were tight, but made it. The only time I didn't fit was the second time I went to ride Forbidden Journey. Was able to ride it first time no problem. Then later in the trip after 3 days of vacation eating and unlimited soda refills and I couldnt get the 3rd click at Forbidden Journey.

I think he should be fine on Gringotts. It's just a lap bar. Forbidden Journey just really depends on body shape. Its a full overhead shoulder restraint, and the problem with that ride is the lack of shoulder space. My stomach wasn't the problem getting the clicks. It was height and shoulder width.

I think he should be fine on Gringotts. It's just a lap bar.

But it's not just a lap bar. It's the upside-down U shaped bar, and the "legs" of that U have pads on them which make it an even tighter fit. The legs have to go in between those bars, and that can be limiting. DH will likely never be able to ride Gringott's, Mummy, or USH's Hippogriff (lap bar is different there vs UO), because he's built like a sumo, even down to the tree-trunk legs. Even once his belly his more under control, he has those legs, and they can't fit in between those bars.

Now he's shorter and heavier than you, which limits him even more. But those legs; I knew him 100+ pounds ago, and his legs didn't change that much with the weight gain. His legs are how they are.

edited two spelling errors

Last edited:
thank you guys. I will do our touring plan with those thoughts in mind. :)

I rode it the first day no problem. A few days later I go on thinking it's no problem, and they couldn't click it down and took me off. I'm 6'2", 310. I also had to get off HRRR because of same issue. Thought it was odd that once was fine, then didn't fit. I think it may depend on ride operator and how much they are willing to push.

I rode it the first day no problem. A few days later I go on thinking it's no problem, and they couldn't click it down and took me off. I'm 6'2", 310. I also had to get off HRRR because of same issue. Thought it was odd that once was fine, then didn't fit. I think it may depend on ride operator and how much they are willing to push.

It can also depend on what you wear. Some clothing does not let the body distribute the weight and others do. It is advised to wear stretchy clothing whenever possible so your weight can be shifted into the space.

Thanks again everyone. He's currently a bit :) over 300 but working on it. He is the type of guy who won't even try if he thinks there's a chance he will be embarrassed about it. Meaning get all the way up there to be told you can't ride.

I had a similar experience with my two attempts to ride. The first time when I was successful the operator did give me a good push for the third click. After trying out the test seat, I found that I could get a "green light" if I sat my butt a little bit forward in the seat and sort of hunched my back down and my arms up, thus reducing the distance between my shoulders and the base of the seat, which seemed to be the real problem. Which goes against the conventional wisdom for lap bar restraints of sitting up straight with you butt against the very back of the seat. But it worked.

The second time I attempted to ride they operators kept telling me to put my arms down and tight to my side, and even with good pushes couldn't get close to a 3rd click.

Interesting. I will let him know your experiences... Thanks for sharing.

I'm hoping someone who is my measurements can tell me if you successfully rode the harry potter rides at universal. I am going to universal Hollywood with a friend's family in may and am terrified of not fitting.

I'm 5'5 209. 47 inch chest, 42 inch waist, 46 inch hips. I'm between a14-18 (depending on the brand).

Thanks

I'm hoping someone who is my measurements can tell me if you successfully rode the harry potter rides at universal. I am going to universal Hollywood with a friend's family in may and am terrified of not fitting.

I'm 5'5 209. 47 inch chest, 42 inch waist, 46 inch hips. I'm between a14-18 (depending on the brand).

Thanks

I answered you over on the Hollywood page. I was 5'3" and 220, and fit the equivalents of the Hollywood rides in Orlando. FJ will be fine. Hippogriff at USH has different, more restraining, restraints than in Orlando, but I liken them to Mummy or Gringott's, and at my highest weight I was fine on Mummy. Anyway, basically the same but slightly more explanation of my comparisons, is on the SoCal thread with your question.

Th
I answered you over on the Hollywood page. I was 5'3" and 220, and fit the equivalents of the Hollywood rides in Orlando. FJ will be fine. Hippogriff at USH has different, more restraining, restraints than in Orlando, but I liken them to Mummy or Gringott's, and at my highest weight I was fine on Mummy. Anyway, basically the same but slightly more explanation of my comparisons, is on the SoCal thread with your question.
Than you! I was kind of cross posting a bit.

I really appreciate your response.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter