Need help with my garden lay out

IMALOVNDISNEY

DIS Veteran
This is the first time on the Flower/Garden Forum......I'm sure you're all full of info for me. I have had veggie gardens in the past, but, always small ones with the basic toms, cukes, peppers. Well now our new home has a large yard so my garden can be much bigger and with a bigger veriety. I grewWhat I am looking for are websites that offer free lay outs for my garden. And what should go next to what. I have always just wung it before. This time I want to maximize my space. I guess I'm looking for a Gardning for Dummies site.
Also, if anyone knows a basic canning for dummies I can use that as well.

Boy do I wish I had paid attention to my dad when I was younger. He always told us to pay attention to the gardning and how to can. Had to work the garden, but, never really paid any attention to the details. Now he's looking down on me and saying " I told you so".

Don't try to plant a huge garden right away. You'll find yourself overwhelmed with the upkeep. It's much easier to start small and then enlarge it slowly as the years go by.

For what goes next to what, I borrowed a book from the library called Carrots love Tomatoes. I haven't read it yet but I'd heard it was good.

I usually just go to the library and page through the books to get garden layout ideas. Then if I find a book I really like, I can order it through Amazon.

Gardening for Dummies is a decent book. It was the first book I bought when I started gardening and had all the basics that I needed.

I'm sure other folks will have more ideas but maybe these will help you get started.

Thank you to those that have responded. Like always, I knew I could count on the Dis.

GaSleepingBeauty: Thanks for the words of advise. We're only wanting to have @ 10-12 items. And it will be tended to by 4 people. Sort of like a co-op.

Ursulas: Those links are great, just what I was looking for.

I'm still open for any other suggestions/links.

Paul visited the Sunset Magazine gardens in California...

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/gl_design_small_space/article/0,1785,HGTV_3572_5855299,00.html

The vegie garden layout was the most creative I have seen; everything was circular and very easy to get to. The beds were slightly raised with the help of stone boarders and just wide enough to reach in easily from both sides. It reminded me of a herb knot garden, but instead of just herbs, there were all kinds of vegies. It was really beautiful to look at too, not just the same old straight rows. Now I want to tear up my raised boxes and start over. Oh well.

-Laurie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter