need tips on how not to lose tickets

I lost my ticket last time i was at disney. i put the tickets through the fast pass but i forgot to get the last ticket. this probably happens alot. i have a feeling i might do it again. so any tips would be appreciated.
BTW it was a park hopper w/ 1 day major and 1 day minor park left on it. they gave me a 1 day major to replace it.

Tip 1---STAY AWAY FROM FAST PASS!! LOL!!! Just kidding. :)

Well, make a copy of the backside of your tickets. Make sure it is a good photocopy and legible. :)

You can get one of those plastic little pouches (dont know what ya call em), put the tickets in there and get a lanyard and wear it around your neck. I see that alot in the parks.

That is the only thing I can think of.

Good luck next time!!!!!!!;)

Where do they sell the plastic pouch things? At the parks, or Office Depot, or ??? Do they come with the lanyards? Very interested in this one...Thanks for the post!

My routine....

I keep all our passes inside a Ziplock bag inside an inner zippered pocket of my fanny pack. When we approach a turnstile:
1) We line up (I'm first).
2) I get the passes out and hand them to each family member.
3) I immediately collect them from everyone on the other side of the turnstile.
4) They go right back into my fanny pack.

Works like a charm.

I think if i put them in separate compartments then i would realize one was missing. i might buy one of those wallet picture holders so if i have 3 sleeves then i would i always know right away that one was missing. also that would preserve the magnetic strip.
Has anyone else lost a ticket at the fastpass machine?

It's kind of an on-running joke with us -- I immediately hand all tickets to DH. He never loses a THING! ;)

That's what we do, too--everyone hands over their pass to DH to hold onto. He has not lost a pass, yet.

Another thing you can do for insurance is scan the back of the ticket and email yourself a copy of it. Then, if you can get to a computer and log on, you can get the numbers.

-DC :)

around my neck in a clear little waterproof container just big enough for passes and ID. I got it on our Disney Magic cruise and I just love it. I think they sell them at the water parks and I know they sell them at Ron-Jon's surf shop in Cocoa Beach also.

:D Ididn't lose a ticket at a fast-pass machine, but I found one on the ground at the machine outside of Test Track. It was right at park opening - the mad dash. I turned it in to the attendant- hope whoever lost it went back to check before going through the hassle of trying to get it replaced!

You can get the little ziplocs at sporting goods stores, they are usually sold as fishing license holders. I put ours on brightly colored shoestrings that we all wear around our necks. If it's missing, you'll know right away.

This is how we did it...we were lucky enough the last time and got 4 different characters on our hoppers..so on day 1 I assigned everyone a character and as we entered the park I would ask for goofy,donald,mickey and minnie.This also worked great for getting FP as I would go thru the PH's and find goofy missing I would say where's Goofy and my DH(goofy) will quickly hand me his tkt. It was also fun,the kids loved to be Donald and Mickey and I have to admit I loved been Minnie (at least for a couple of days).Also, my fanny pack had an inside pocket that I put them in during the rest of the day.

I wish I read this before I had lost a Hopper pass with two days left on it. I don't have a clue where it could be.

I hope you went to guest relations to see what they could do for you!
I had 3 days left on my 5 day park hopper when I "lost" it by leaving it in a fast pass machine at MGM on our last trip! The CMs were very accomodating allowing us all to ride the rides we got fastpasses for (with the other 3 passes we had for my family) for the majority of the rest of the day even though we were missing one. We just explained that we'd lost it in a fast pass machine and didn't want to truck all 5 of us up to guest relations and lose ride times. At the end of our "day" I went to guest relations and they were able to make me up another park hopper!

I'm not sure if it helped that I'd ordered them online in advance before coming... but all I had to do was give them my name and she was able to make me another one. The photocopying the back of the card is a great idea that I will use next time... just in case! Especially since it will be a PAP!!!!

Oh and I found "lost" cards all the time while there. I just kept turning them in to CMs at the rides though because I didn't want to go all the way up to guest relations at that time and didn't want to "hold" them all day long to do so later- in case that person came back to the ride looking for it. I hope I saved someone the hassle of getting another card by doing that. :)

Ps. OH I forgot to ask. Do annual passes and premium annual passes come in a different form of ticket/card? I sure hope so. Those paper park hopper tickets took a beating with us in just the 4 days we used them (they all have one day left on them, btw). I'm wondering if since I'm getting a PAP if I'll STILL need to get a card holder to keep it in better shape for a longer period of time or if it will be a hard plastic or atleast laminated?

Photo copying the back of the ticket is a great idea, I will definitely do that next time. I am not positive but I think they still print annual passes on paper tickets. My 2001 ticket was paper and it went through a beating during two rainy and humid Julys. Plastic would seem to make more sense.

Bridgett, i don't think that would work for me because i name my baby Micky !
Also i could never let my kids hold there ticket.

I too wish Disney would make all their passes plastic, not just the ultimate hoppers that are also your room key. Maybe it is too expensive? I put all of our passes in a photo insert from an old wallet- it kept our passes dry( which was amazing since we were there last June during the "monsoon" weather!) I also kept them in a seperate compartment in my tummy-pack. Another thing I did at the entrance and fast-pass machines was that I held all the tickets and inserted each one while everyone else went through the turnstile, and I did all the fast-passes. It was less confusing trying to hand them out and then collect all the tickets back again. Oh, and I would never let my DH hold onto them- he loses everything!:D

I just bought, from Wal-Mart, the clear, plastic ID holder with attached lanyard for $.97. It will be perfect for holding tickets, ID, a little extra cash. There is a thread somewhere on these boards that shows a picture of it thanks to daisy651. I'm sure if you put out a call to her, she could give you the sight location. In the mean time, I'll keep searching and let you know if I find it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter