Need to make $1000 in 10 months... ideas

Maybe this doesn't apply to you at all, but for many of us, it's a simple and fairly painless way to save a bunch of money every month: cut out a habit of stopping for Starbucks, (Tim Hortons?), a soda at the convenience store, a snack on the way to work, etc. Those little purchases that we don't think too much about can really add up. If you stop and get a coffee every morning on the way to work, even cutting out one of two of those stops each week could net you hundreds of dollars in a short time frame.

Thankfully I'm a SAHM so no habits like that! I only drink water and milk lol. Though I will cut out my occassional package of Fudgeos at the grocery store. It will help with my other goal of having a bikini for Florida lol.

I would do this no problem. But until they find a way to live stream my husband's sports in Canada, it will never happen, LOL. That said, our package is pretty cheap - sattelite, internet, home phone, long distance for $140/mth.
That's my hubby too. He would die without live sports. I could totally live without cable!

Yeah, I joined a couple Swagbucks groups, and on one hand, there are people really making a lot of money on there! I was impressed. But I was also shocked when reading the nitty gritty on how they do it. So not happening here, lol. I just do not have time for that level of commitment. Also, it seems a lot of people "make" money by spending money on stuff. I use SB for my search engine, and for shopping that I need to do, but that's about it, other than the odd survey. That said, I do have $25 ready to cash out, so hey, it's something.
I don’t spend a lot of time on it at all. I funnel purchases I am actually making through there (like Christmas shopping), I do one or two surveys a day, and run some of the tv apps on my phone on free wifi. They require checking though. Basically it amounts to maybe 30 mins a day and I earned about $500 last year which I use for discounted gift cards for Amazon or cash straight out to PayPal. If you earn $25 a month you are 1/4 of the way to your goal in 10 months for very little effort.

I am also trying to save up extra for a family Disney trip for early 2019. We also have a few larger scale outdoor projects to build this year and I don't want to take away from that budget. I work part time as a freelance web developer -- when I want to add more temporary cash flow, I sell things on eBay. I am a mom of 3 small kids and constantly purging... toys, clothes, and my own things that I just don't use anymore or have too much clutter. I also go around to yard sales and estate sales and buy particular things that I know I can sell on eBay for more. I also try to pick up an extra freelance project or two. Then I also do smaller scale stuff to earn small amounts here and there like using the Ibotta app for my grocery receipts... that's smaller cash but I use those to justify special treats on the vacation, like last time I earned $20 on Ibotta and spent it all on Starbucks at the parks which I'd rarely ever do at home.

I'm Canadian as well. The trick is cutting out the middle man everywhere you can. I do it mostly for food because it's my biggest monthly expense that I can control.
Every time a product changes hand the price goes up, the cheapest is directly at the farm and the most expansive is at the grocery store. So I shop at farmer's market when possible food is fresher and cheaper.
I also searched around and found out where the distributor for {Restaurant/Convenience Store/Small Grocery} is located and they are open to the general public so I shop there now as a bonus they have great prices kitchen supplies.

Yes, this is true. We budget, and yes, we always almost always spend less than budgeted, to varying amounts. We normally just roll it over to the next month, or snowball it.

Instead of rolling it over, I'd tuck it away toward your $1000 goal.

Would you be able to find 10 hours a week to work from home? If you can take at look at Appen https://join.appen.com/ or RaterLabs. I work for RaterLabs and have for about the past 6 years. (RaterLabs has recently been acquired by Appen so, I'm so sure on our whole hiring process right now) Best work from home opportunity out there! You do need to qualify and pass a test to start work (It's hard!) but once you get the hang of it, it's a great way to earn money at home. Per our contract, I am not allowed to discuss specifics of the position but if you look at some of the open positions on the Appen site it will give you an idea of what the job is.

Would you be able to find 10 hours a week to work from home? If you can take at look at Appen https://join.appen.com/ or RaterLabs. I work for RaterLabs and have for about the past 6 years. (RaterLabs has recently been acquired by Appen so, I'm so sure on our whole hiring process right now) Best work from home opportunity out there! You do need to qualify and pass a test to start work (It's hard!) but once you get the hang of it, it's a great way to earn money at home. Per our contract, I am not allowed to discuss specifics of the position but if you look at some of the open positions on the Appen site it will give you an idea of what the job is.

Is it open to Canadians?

This sounds exactly like what I’m looking for to earn some extra money as a SAHM. Thank you! I’m going to look into further tomorrow.

Bake valentine cookies for moms who are too busy if their kids need them for class party.

Bake birthday cakes and deliver!

Prom pictures.

Any university nearby? Bake and deliver during finals week.

You could look into Checkout 51 which is a grocery rebate app. They started in Canada so I know it would work for you. It would depend on what you buy but they usually have a mix of food along with cleaning supplies, paper products, personal products, etc. ibotta is my favorite but not sure if its outside the US.

Meal Planning is a great way to save money without cutting out healthy eating... Stocking your pantry with essential items for your lifestyle is important. Sit down and make time to look through grocery AD's, matching coupons to the sale items for even more savings, look for items that can be used to add into a meal to make it go farther to in add protein such as beans or stretch a meal to be able create something new like adding pasta or rice. Shop whatever is seasonal and think out side the box.

For instants - DH cooked some chicken out one the grill (6 large chicken breast), even though it just the two of us, so I marinade two of them for dinner that night in a Asian sesame dressing, and made brown rice with left over veggies, added a bit of soy or terakihi... dinner all done. Next 2 chicken breast will be used for mushroom ravioli with chicken alfredo for dinner tonight, with some sort of steam veggies, and garlic knots. One chicken breast I will make into chicken salad for lunch for me and the other breast I will slice to go on top of a salad for either a side or main course one night... The only thing that I had bought was the chicken( on sale for the family packs I stocked up a bought 4) and some romaine lettuce everything else I had in the freezer or pantry... So for 6 chicken breast I got 3 meals and lunches for almost a week.

Local farmer's markets - are great way to save on just picked seasonal produce.

Look for kids consignment shops some times they will pay out for clothing, or give you more $$ for in store credit... My friend took custody of her 4 grandkids, and she told me about this she uses kid to kid.. or something like that...

Every 4 to 6 weeks I go to BJ warehouse, then I go once a month to Aldi, the dollar store, and bulk nation, 2 or 3 times a month on Saturday I go get my produce at out farmer markets, then pick up the rest at Publix, watching their BOGO's to keep my pantry stocked, and for when they have sales on meat.

Really!?! Oh my goodness, is that US dollars? In Colorado, a gallon of milk is $2.29 and a box of brand name cereal is about the same. If on sale, might be even less.

Compare it to wages. All the people on one of those house hunting shows are usually in Toronto. Yes, I am dream teller, and my budget is 2.5 million.

Most unique Disney fund raiser I ever heard of, from a woman in the hot tub at a Disney resort. She read an article online and found she could fund her entire Disney trip by having her husband stop
at the local sperm bank on his way home a few times a week, 1800.00 a month she said...... She seemed pretty proud of herself for the idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter