Nemo canceled?

LaurenT

DIS Veteran
They just canceled Nemo the Musical right in the midde of the show! Anyone know the scoop?

Last edited:

Mechanical problem or maybe a cast injury would cause that but I doubt Disney is going to say much of anything especially if it was an injury.

That has happened to us, a couple of years ago. it was pretty jarring, as everyone ran off the stage, and out of the aisles at exactly the same time, in the middle of a song. Everything stopped immediately then they made the announcement it was cancelled.

That happened to us a couple years ago, right before they found Nemo. I think the audio system had a glitch and everyone just ran offstage. Then they to,d us the show was over and kicked us out. It happens sometimes.

This is actually rather common.
It can (and does) happen at any of the stage shows.

It is often a quite minor (thank goodness) technical issue (and fortunately not usually an actor mishap,) but since ALL of the lighting, music and special effects are
tied to one central timecode-synced system, if there is any glitch, they have to cancel the show to reboot everything back to "Cue #1."

Last edited:
I have never heard of this happening. I would be totally freaked out - glad to hear it can be something relatively minor, but sorry for OP's experience.

This a actually rather common.
It can (and does) happen at any of the stage shows.

It is often a quite minor (thank goodness) technical issue (and fortunately not usually an actor mishap,) but since ALL of the lighting, music and special effects are
tied to one central timecode-synced system, if there is any glitch, they have to cancel the show to reboot everything back to "Cue #1."

Interesting. I didn’t think it was anything too dire when it happened when we were there. I was more impressed with the efficiency and speed with which everyone responded. One second they were there, then the next, they were gone. No one awkwardly looked at each other, wondering what to do. (Except the audience!) Of course they are professionals so that is to be expected, I suppose.

If "everyone ran off the stage, and out of the aisles at exactly the same time, in the middle of a song" I would conclude that there was something major going on. I have been to many (live) shows in my life, at Disney and elsewhere, and have never seen that happen. Hence, freaking out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter