New "All You Can Eat Pass" at Universal/IoA

macraven -
Yes, one of the IS/IOA employees told my son that they were told that the "all you can eat" program was on a 2 week trial basis and then it would evaluated to determine if it should be continued or not. The info on this program is also listed in the park maps.

i have my fingers crossed that this program really takes off and universal continues it...................at least until mid october.......

macraven said:
i have my fingers crossed that this program really takes off and universal continues it...................at least until mid october.......

Ummmmm dont you mean until at least late December???

uh oh.......yes, yes.......i meant thru december............

would it help if we did an email campaign and let universal know we want them to keep the all you can eat promo alive longer?

Illinois4 said:
Just returned from RPR and Universal/IOA (7/31 - 8/4) and we purchased the "All You Can Eat Passes" for our 2 teenage sons on Mon. (8/1), Tues. (8/2) and Wed. (8/3). It was a great deal for them as they eat all of the time and they definitely ate $20+ worth of food at the parks each day. Yes, they ate pizza and fries for breakfast. We purchased the passes for them on the first day they were available (8/1) and there was some confusion originally about entrees, sides and desserts. Milkshakes were originally considered dessert at Mel's Diner but by Wednesday they were considered drinks and were not part of the "all you can eat pass" dessert options. But you could still get milkshakes as a dessert option at Capt America Diner on Wednesday. The fruit cup was not consider a side or dessert but you could get a fruit plate as an entree at the International Food counter and our sons indicated it was very good! They were asked by several Universal employees what they thought about the "all you can eat passes" and were told it was on a 2 week trial period at this time. We didn't purchase the passes for ourselves (parents) as we generally didn't spend the whole day at the parks and usually ate at the resorts or City Walk. IMO, this is a good option for those who eat more than twice at the parks in one day. I'm not sure how long this option will last as on Wed., security was called to the Comic Strip Cafe as there were some people obviously abusing the option by purchasing one pass and feeding 4 to 5 other people in their party.

Thank you for clarification of the fruit cup. I personally would eat that, so to know that it isn't included in some locations bothers me.

We as a family, don't eat twice in the parks so this wouldn't be worth it to me.

And now to know that security comes over for a system abuser is a bit intimidating. Its not that I was going to be a system abuser, but to know that would probably stop the potential abusers.

The cost is 19.95 +tax adults 12.95+tax child 9 years and under.
For that you get a wristband which entitles you to 1 entree and 1 dessert each time you pass through a line in a participating venue. Drinks are not included.I didn't mention sides because at most places sides are included. So at Mel's a cheeseburger and fries would be your entree. At IFFF the cheeseburger platter comes with fries so that is a complete meal. At Louies whole pizza's are NOT included. At IFFF you could get a pizza and add a side of fries or corn. The pass is good at IOA at Comic Strip, Capt America and Circus McGuirkus. NO take out boxes (why when you can get a whole new meal) and HERE is the IMPORTANT PART .....NO NO NO SHARING!!!. Sharing will result in a seperate bill for the shared food. You must have the bracelet on. Any ripped braclets will result in no service. The program is scheduled to last until 8/14/05 but I suspect it will continue longer. Please remember you only get 1 entree and 1 dessert each time in line. Please don't put 3 pizzas on you tray or you will be paying full price for 2 when you hit the registers. You can just get a dessert for a snack in the afternoon but not 2 desserts at one time.
Let's take a look at value. For lunch you go to IFFF and get a asian combo and cheesecake thats 9.95 and 3.49 that's 13.44 + tax. Later at Circus you have dinner of Chicken and dessert which is roughly 11.98 +tax Your total so far is 25.42 and you only spent 19.95. Later in the night you can get a Burger and fries before going home and that's another 9.50 or so. You can see this is quite a deal. There are NO discounts on the wristband but AAA and AP discounts will apply to drinks and extras not in the program.
Universal is looking to see if this can work(it worked in Hollywood earlier this year)so it is very important you stick to the rules and not share or carry out.

If anyone has any questions post here and I will try to answer as best as I can.

I heard today that it has been extended until at least the end of the month.

As far as security being called: they are always called in cases of theft such as shoplifting. Buying one bracelet and sharing with 4 others would be considered as stealing, at least in my opinion.

I'm still thinking if this would work for my family...

My kids may benefit from this, but not myself or DH. I wonder if I can buy two kids ones.

Now, are the lines to these restaurants longer than usual or is it still walk up?

i know this deal would work for me.

just have to wait and see if it is still on when i go in october

Cindy
You can buy just 2 for your kids. They are 12.95 each. Just remember no sharing. The lines at most restaurants are very long due to this offer. If you get to the venue before noon you should have little or no wait.
Hope that helps.

has anyone heard if this program has been extended.

phamton, have you any idea???

It has been extended until 9/4/05. Rumor has it it will be around for awhile after that but the menu could change. There has been alot of sharing (1 pass feeding 3 or more people) They might change it to fix that.

There have also been a few complaints because one of the 3 counter service restaurants at IOA closes at 7:00 PM. Unfortunately, it is the one that offers the most variety. After having hamburgers all day, the people are looking forward to something else for the evening meal, only to find it has closed. Hopefully, some of the kinks will be worked out.

Thanks thescooter2003 and phamton. I'm hoping that its still going through the end of October. Keep us posted on any changes you hear of.

i am hoping that the promo lasts the month of october.

i think this is a great deal.

even if i don't use up the days quota on breaking even, i can go to the park with only my room key and no money.

i know i can charge food on my room key but like to keep that separate.

and most importantly, i love a sale !!!!!!!
i might not save money on it, but a sale calls out my name and i am a sucker for it.

As it stands now, AYCE stops 30 minutes before park close. Believe me that is more than enough time to eat. Some restaurants have specific closing times(in USF Mels now is at 9 PM as is Louies, IFFF closes at 8:00 this week)
Please remember the restaurants have minors that have specific working times set by the state. Hence they can't work late on school nights. If everyone rushes in at the last minute it will create a bad situation. Just try to plan your last meal of the day about 7-7:30 and all should be fine. Thais is a great program and I would like to see it continue.
If you have a favorite place in the AYCE program ask their closing times and plan you day from there.

Comic Strip Cafe was closing at 7:00 PM even though IOA wasn't closing until 9:00 PM.

That is where the complaints were coming in. Comic Strip Cafe had more variety such as pizza and Mexican food than the other two participating restaurants. Many people were eating all day at Circus McGirkus and Captain America and were a little tired of hamburgers. They were going to Comic Strip at 7:00 to eat the evening meal only to find it was closed.

I didn't hear about Comic Closing at 7:00 when the park closes at 10:00 they should be open until 9:00 but I don't doubt they closed. Circus has pasta and Fried Chicken too.So there should be plenty of choices for dinner. I feel Universal will start a cut offtime for all you can eat if the program continues.To have 150 people arrive at 5 minutes to closing put a strain on all departments involved, Rides, security, food service etc. And besides the amout of free food (sharing) is out of hand. I saw 7 people the other day eating off 1 wristband.Let's see what happens after 9/4/05 if Universal continues the program.

thescooter2003 said:
And besides the amout of free food (sharing) is out of hand. I saw 7 people the other day eating off 1 wristband.Let's see what happens after 9/4/05 if Universal continues the program.

People can be so rude. I call myself "cheap", but I would never steal. And that’s what they’re doing. Not to mention they are going to ruin it for those of us who would like to honestly use this program. I hope that Universal realizes that not all of their guests are like this.

We have annual passes and get discounts through out the park.With this all you can eat ticket can my annual pass discount be used(I think it's around 10 to 15%) if I buy all you can eat tickets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter