New Holiday Party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2023 Dates Revealed + New Frozen Castle Illumination!

Stupid question probably, we have tickets for MK party but don’t have a normal ticket for that day so entry time is 4pm, if we booked Crystal Palace character meal for 2.30 or 3, would you be allowed in before for the meal without a normal entrance ticket?
Nope just like you can’t book a restaurant at a secondary park before 2pm and expect to be let in before hopping hours

Kind of related to the Christmas parties but any idea when the Candlelight Processional narrators are going to be released. We usually plan the christmas parties around them.

Kind of related to the Christmas parties but any idea when the Candlelight Processional narrators are going to be released. We usually plan the christmas parties around them.
It will be interesting to see if they even get celebrity narrators because of strikes

We're also interested in the Candlelight Processional dinner packages. Seems very late this year.

I'm sure we'll be hearing something very soon (when, who, and if they even have it)
Last year, they announced the CP on September 26th 2022.
Bookings began on October 6th and you could only book at a max of 60 days out.

Hoping someone has a suggestion. We have a trip planned for 11/8-11/13. We were planning on going to the christmas party friday 11/10. As luck would have it, we waited apparently to long to buy tickets and now that date is showing sold out. Do any discount sites typically have tickets for the parties that they sell? Do we have any options at this point? We were going to purchase through DVC for the discount, do those tickets come from a separate "pool" and might still be available?

Hoping someone has a suggestion. We have a trip planned for 11/8-11/13. We were planning on going to the christmas party friday 11/10. As luck would have it, we waited apparently to long to buy tickets and now that date is showing sold out. Do any discount sites typically have tickets for the parties that they sell? Do we have any options at this point? We were going to purchase through DVC for the discount, do those tickets come from a separate "pool" and might still be available?
Undercover tourist maybe?

The one major change that happened with the switch to the day-ticket system (post-2020) is that all of the sites offering tickets are pulling inventory from Disney's central system. (With rare exceptions like pre-sales, that includes DVC.) Previously, the third-party sites carried their own stock that were on a different schedule - sometimes things would linger after a price change, for example - that's no longer the case.

Just to verify - I checked three other third-party sites (AAA, TicketsAtWork, Undercover Tourist), and they're all showing sold out for the 9th and 10th.

(If it matters - per BlogMickey, the 10th sold out more than a week ago.)

Honestly, there really aren't any great solutions here. Resellers are a bad idea. I don't know off-hand if the resorts ever get day-of tickets, but that seems unlikely at this point. (Disneyland stopped doing that this year for OBB.)

For what it's worth, I've had success going to the Ticket Center at Disney Springs the day of a party and asking about availability. I got 2 tickets the day of for MVMCP last year, and 2 tickets to MNSSHP the year prior. Obviously not a guarantee, but it did work for as a last minute hail mary a couple times.

PLEASE READ:

A sold out party means that no additional tickets are available by calling Disney, on the Disney website or from reputable resellers.

Please DO NOT ask here where you can find tickets for ‘x date’s party’. Such posts will be removed.

Disney tickets are non-transferrable. DO NOT advertise here looking to buy/sell tickets to a sold out party.

You may ask at Guest Services once you arrive to see if they have tickets available for a sold out party. Guests have occasionally reported success with this but more often, tickets are not available to new guests.

The one exception we do hear of more regularly is being able to add an additional ticket to an existing group if your travel party has grown since you purchased your party tickets. You may contact Disney now or once you arrive to ask if you might be able to add one or 2 family members to your group. It is not guaranteed but people have reported success with this as it’s understood travel groups change.

Thank you for following these guidelines.

Looks like website for Jollywood was updated with info about virtual queue for Rise. Can only join once starting at 8pm; no standby line. Don’t remember if it was there before but has info for Nightmare Before Christmas sing along. A little surprised that it seems no freebies like Mickey bars or popcorn since MK parties do and the price is similar. I understand charging for the food they listed but thought there might be one freebie option :/

The only Christmas party I've been to was in 2021, the After Hours Christmas thing at MK. How does the MVMCP differ from that other than the time you can get in?

Looks like website for Jollywood was updated with info about virtual queue for Rise. Can only join once starting at 8pm; no standby line. Don’t remember if it was there before but has info for Nightmare Before Christmas sing along. A little surprised that it seems no freebies like Mickey bars or popcorn since MK parties do and the price is similar. I understand charging for the food they listed but thought there might be one freebie option :/

We have booked Jollywood Nights because due to storms, we missed our night for After Hours at HS last year. I'm not impressed with the downgrade this party seems to be compared with the event we originally booked. Our family has mostly phased away from Disney so I'm not excited about having to learn the Virtual Queue for a 4 hour event that cost more and gives less than what we had. Still grateful to be going and recognize my privilege but it is disappointing!

MNSSHP party offers free cookies and cocoa. Not Mickey Bars. Def not the nice treats offered during After Hours. Not sure what would be an equivalent yet different, maybe popcorn and cider?

MNSSHP party offers Trick or Treat which how much you participate can be a good treat.

While I don't think Jollywood Nights is going to be an empty park, it will probably be less than a Halloween or Christmas Party so maybe the "treat" is fewer guests. Fewer guests mean lower income so they aren't feeling the need .

Shows you how many people they are planning to allow in for this event. I know when I did after hours at Hollywood studios, Rise was walk on multiple times, and it was a sold out night.

I know after hours is considerably less people but still sucks you need to do VQ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter