New Holiday Party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2023 Dates Revealed + New Frozen Castle Illumination!

First reports I've seen ~

Guests were to get in at 7 pm but some posted they entered at 6:40 pm.

There is a small video of Nightmare show, looks like the giant Jack Puppet is there and a Lock Shock Barrel, Oogie Boogie, maybe two hosts, big video background on stage.

Lots of fancy dressed people attending. 👗

ADDING:

Snow is happening on Sunset Blvd.

WOW see folks in gowns and stoles!!

Phineas & Ferb in Hats & Scarfs

Soiree at ToT looks AWESOME, live band music on a stage, lighting and smoke

Muppet Show is puppets behind pile of gifts, not full size characters.

TSHIRTS!!! are good looking

POP UP DJ by Launch Bay

Mickey, Daisy, Goofy in Holiday costume

Last edited:
a few reviews iv seen said if you like Lines you will like Jollywood. Basic every food and drink section long lines, lines for shows.

Only thing that dint have lines where rides !
Yes we probably waited longer in lines overall than the amount of stuff we were able to get done. We waited 40 min in just 1 line for food. And that’s the only food line we had time for. We only did 2 rides and those were walk on. I did not feel this was worth the money. Save your money for after hours or the Halloween party or even the mickeys Xmas party

a few reviews iv seen said if you like Lines you will like Jollywood. Basic every food and drink section long lines, lines for shows.

Only thing that dint have lines where rides !
Yes, I read a tweet a few weeks ago from a local who said that Disney is going to have a problem on their hands with this event because of all the special options. People are going to buy the ticket so they can experience the unique food and entertainment, not for the rides, so crowd control is going to be a major issue. Looks like that person was correct.

Listen there is no way you can do all you want in the time allowed. U have a few hours and we all know lines for characters are going to be off the hook. Good should be handled with as much staff as possible to push as much food out at any given time. I mean you are paying for it so if they want to make money get more people working for turnover.

I remember those days at Halloween parties waiting for the 7 dwarfs for 1 plus hour and that was 10 plus years ago when it was a bit calmer.

This parties look cool and all and I have done them over the years but I really don’t think they are worth it to really get a good experience. Last one we did was the last Osborne lights one so that tells you how long ago it was for us.

Anyone have any info on how the VQ went for RotR? I have tickets for 12/6 mainly to go do the Star Wars rides and MMRR for the first time because I only have one day in the area.

Anyone have any info on how the VQ went for RotR? I have tickets for 12/6 mainly to go do the Star Wars rides and MMRR for the first time because I only have one day in the area.

I’m reading that RotR broke down early into the first event, so it’s hard to judge how well VQ will work there. Reports are that lines for other regular rides were very short, so that good news at least.

We were there last night and it was a big letdown. Long lines for food and drinks. We wanted to try and get into the Brown Derby for drinks and snacks. Forget it. Not going to happen unless you’re there when the party starts. Loved the Nightmare before Christmas sing along. Highlight of the night. It was fun just seeing how people were dressed up for the party. They promoted this big time about the food and drinks and that’s where all the huge lines were. If your going for rides than this party is for you. We rode ToT and Mickey Railroad that were both walk ons.

This year, our family is going (with 2 kids) mainly for the rides, so the low wait times seems like JN might be worth it. We're also eating at Mama Melrose before the party starts, so we won't need to worry about food.
But next year, just my wife and I were planning on going for the more adult offerings (if they have it again of course). But if everything I'm seeing from the initial reports doesn't improve, we'll definitely pass on this event.

Reactions: shh
I was very close to booking this, but wanted to wait for reviews. Even by WDW declining standards, it doesn't seem like anywhere near a fair value for the price paid.

Curious to see if sales for remaining dates drop with the bad reviews - or if guests will just buy tics for their dates w/o much upfront research.

If ticket sales DO drop, there's always the chance WDW adds incentives or runs a sale price on remaining dates.

Thanks for the reviews, everybody. Keep them coming. We bought our tickets several months ago because we have a shorter trip this year and only 1 date overlapped our plans. We didn't want to risk it being sold out. DW and I will still have some fun getting dressed up and doing what we can. Hopefully they'll make some improvements in streamlining the food & drinks over the next couple of weeks.

I was very close to booking this, but wanted to wait for reviews. Even by WDW declining standards, it doesn't seem like anywhere near a fair value for the price paid.

Curious to see if sales for remaining dates drop with the bad reviews - or if guests will just buy tics for their dates w/o much upfront research.

If ticket sales DO drop, there's always the chance WDW adds incentives or runs a sale price on remaining dates.
Well, Disney After Hours costs close to the same money, with zero extra shows or perks.

So, JN maybe a fair value to some.

Well, Disney After Hours costs close to the same money, with zero extra shows or perks.

So, JN maybe a fair value to some.
But didn't that feature a few complimentary snacks and drinks, plus a much lower cap on attendance? At least that's what I remember reading on DIS.

But didn't that feature a few complimentary snacks and drinks, plus a much lower cap on attendance? At least that's what I remember reading on DIS.
Yes you are right, the DAH does include some snacks. Not sure about the attendance cap.

I'm hoping the crowds are a bit lighter when I go in early December. And it doesn't rain! Good grief, it looked like kind a miserable night last night weather wise.

Last edited:
Reactions: shh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter