New Items 5-04

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is NOT a Princess ITS A GNOME HAT!!!!!!!:lmao:

BTW for the record I think both hats should be omnisex.
If i wore the bandana with earring I would look like a gnome version of an NBA star

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: wow... well you've already got your gnome posse and i'm sure you've got some bling bling :) still can't stop laughing

So really, I don't see what's the big deal? Girls get a suit. Guys get a hat.

Okay, first, we dont know that girls will get a suit and boys wont.

Moreover, though -
The big deal is NOT that they made a boy's only hat. The point is that this is a hat that has been anticipated for almost as long as the game has existed. It has been known that boys and girls could wear it. (Baby has shared it with LisaWDW.) When they FINALLY release it, it is boys only. Ouch.

Add to that the fact that everyone already has the ability to wear the exact hat without the parrot accents the fact that it makes NO SENSE for this to be boys only.

Make boys only pirate hat. No problem. But THIS hat? eesshhh

Sing with me.... One of these isn't quite like the others:
piratehat.jpg

Wow by reading all this uproar, it makes me wonder if some people don't realize their's a big world out there with real things going on. It's just hat's and bandana's, but what I find strange is when I click on the hat in trade window it does say unisex.

Remember though this is just a game, so stop, take a breath and clean the crumbs out of your keyboards.

Wow by reading all this uproar, it makes me wonder if some people don't realize their's a big world out there with real things going on. It's just hat's and bandana's, but what I find strange is when I click on the hat in trade window it does say unisex.

Remember though this is just a game, so stop, take a breath and clean the crumbs out of your keyboards.

It's true... when you do open up the trade window it does say unisex ... But I just tried trading it to my girl and it won't let you?!! So it says it is unisex but it really isn't letting you trade the pirate hat

We know it's just a game and I don't think any of us have forgotten that there's a big world out there with real things going on. We just happen to think that it's ok if there are things in VMK that we don't particularly care for. :thumbsup2

wise words my friend. :)

Up until today, Baby WAS the only player that most people know of that had the pirate hat with bird in their possesion. It WAS the rarest item in VMK, because, well, only one existed. So therefore, Baby's hat ain't special anymore. Just put yourself in his shoes...
Well how/why did he get the hat? What makes him so special that he deserved to get it and keep it exclusively forever? I ask these questions not to be mean or spiteful, just curiousity and to be able to put myself in his shoes. I guess that - Sure, I'd be a little disappointed, but I also knwo I'd be happy to have had it for X amount of time all by myself. So that's nice, right? It's not much different then people who get rare items and then they're re-released (Inferno, for example).

I think what VMK was trying to do was balance it out today - give the girls a new hat and give the boys a new hat. :confused3 Face it, no matter WHAT pirate hat they released to the boys today, everyone would have been up in arms that they couldn't buy it with their girl character. What kind of pirate hat can you create that looks totally BOY? It doesn't matter what it looks like, girls will want it and cry unfair. But I see it as TOTALLY fair today - we BOTH got a new hat. Be happy! :thumbsup2
Nothing is balanced out, girls still have twice the costumes boys do. Why did VMK need to separate at all? I'd be happy if we both got TWO hats.

This is not about whether an item looks feminine or masculine! It's about releasing a special item for girls and a special item for boys. I must have taken too many "dumb pills" this morning because I am still NOT GETTING THE PROBLEM HERE. :confused3 That bandana goes with a GIRL outfit. Sorry, but I don't think boys are going to walk around wearing that vested outfit with the way it's designed!! SO.... VMK could have released the bandana as girls only and the hat as unisex.... But give the boys a break will you? VMK decided to be reasonable and give the boys their own special hat. I guarantee you it doesn't stop here. The girls will get that little outfit to go with their "hat" and GET READY FOLKS for the boys are going to get that long awaited pirate costume that is going to be exclusively theirs. I think I'd better stay off the DIS boards that day for it's going to be one miserable place around here when the rest of the costumes get released...:thumbsup2
Why does there even need to be a special item. There's nothing reasonable about genderspecific boys/girls hats. In fact it's completely UNreasonable. That's the "problem here" :) Myself personally, I am a boy and I would love to have a costume with a short cut vest and short shorts with striped socks - which is what I believe the "pirate princess" costume looks like. If you watch old timey pirate movies that is a very stereotypical male pirate costume. A bit on the funny-haha side of pirates, sure, but it's right up the alley of the pirates pictured in Disney's Peter Pan (see the Smee costume, that comic pirate style). Perfect for a Goofy Pirate is what I'm sayin'.

I will agree with you that it seems as though VMK is releasing separate boy/girl costumes. The boys will get a different costume than the girls. I agree that day will make Dis a miserable place. Heh. I say again, there's no rational/logical/social prejudice reason why this needs to be. So why do it? My hope (though I know it's pointless) - is that the very people here who would make this a miserable place express their opinions to Contact Us (as myself, Bird and Belle). Maybe if VMK sees that all/enough of the players really want omnigender costumes they might actually change their plans. I know it's only a few keystrokes away to make the change. I also know I'm dreaming. But that's the Magic of Disney right? To make a Wish upon a Star and Dreams can come true. :rolleyes1 :rolleyes: :lmao:

Oh and threeboysmom and anyone else I have (or will) quote/responded to in this thread - So you all know I'm not upset at you or anything... I don't mean to attack you. Just talking here. Sometimes writing a debate comes off as being angry or mean - I'm not trying to be. I hope my comments come with no hard feelings to you, ok? :hug:

JUst so everybody know I sent a message to vmk about the hats and got this responce ... Items and functionality in the game are subject to change without ...
I'm glad you got a response. I haven't got one (yet). I hope that part about "subject to change" is a hint at good news? :angel:

Hi,

Very well said :) Hug:hug: that little angel for us Mac,

Bug

OMG i feel so so so bad for baby

Why? He has had 2 years of having that hat all to his self.
Can any of the rest of us say the same thing?
He got the hat by accient and they get him keep it for 2 years.
When I got the Davy Jones outfit when they acciendtly released it last year, did they let me keep it? Nooooooooooooooooooo!

With today's hats the current score is 8 to 4. Girls have twice the gender-specific items than boys. I'm not arguing the quality/asthetics of anything. Which is better/ugly, etc. Just the quanity. How "even" is that? VMK should release 3x boys-only Prince suits (May I suggest the formalwear from Prince Philp, Prince Eric and Beast) and instead of a superhero, how about a knight armor (like Phoebus) to use with the crown. Then things would be even.

:headache: <sigh> :upsidedow

LOL, but in real life girls tend to care about their clothing and accessories then boys. Have you actually looked at the way preteens dress? :lmao:

I was also disappointed about the hat. I have both a boy and girl character, just to let everyone know. I am different I guess though because I dont think that ANY costumes should be one gender only. I would think that in our society, people would be more excepting of this idea. Maybe not. I know that when I was younger playing dress up with different clothes was a part of learning and growing up. If a guy wants to wear a skirt, I may raise an eyebrow, but it doesn't really matter to me. It is just a game, so I wouldn't think it would matter much. And if everything was available to everyone, then trades would be easier and no one could be upset!

I ask myself, if I went to a real Disney park and wanted to buy a hat or outfit and was told, "Sorry we can only sell that to boys/men" I would be pretty upset over that.

Heck, just make everything unisex: hats, dresses, pants, crowns, and let everyone sort it out for theirselves!!!!! :lmao:

In my medieval group more then half the men seen seem to wear kilts or other medieval "skirt" clothing like toga's. Men in skirts - yum! :rotfl:

I ask myself, if I went to a real Disney park and wanted to buy a hat or outfit and was told, "Sorry we can only sell that to boys/men" I would be pretty upset over that.

Heck, just make everything unisex: hats, dresses, pants, crowns, and let everyone sort it out for theirselves!!!!! :lmao:

In my medieval group more then half the men seen seem to wear kilts or other medieval "skirt" clothing like toga's. Men in skirts - yum! :rotfl:

That is exactly how I feel too. :)

I adore the pirates hat. The bandana, the earring is lovely.

Earring, oh earring. How much I adore you, oh lovely earring.

That's exactly what I said...and exactly how I feel...

...Of course it's silly to imagine that Disney would ever make real costumes for their stores that only girls or boys can purchase...I could just hear the rants. :eek:

Well I am wondering if maybe the girls will get this hat later. When the alice costume came out the boys got pirate bandana sort of hat and we got alice. Now this new item has come out and we get a more female looking bandana and the boys get the pirate hat. I am hoping we will be gettting it later. But I do not have an issue with that. I feel bad that the boy characters do not have a prince costume yet, or other fun male costumes. I am sure they are working on it.

I must be in a good mood, because after 8 pages I am still mostly laughing about Grumpy's GNOME hat!! princess:

This is the very reason why I have both a girl and boy character. If I feel like wearing the pirate hat with the parrot, or one of the other boy costumes, I just login as the boy. I still "have" all the items so no big deal.

Can we argue about something important now? Oh i dontknow.......... like maybe why Grumpy is not allowed the pink superhero suit to match his GNOME HAT? :goodvibes :rotfl:

I was also disappointed about the hat. I have both a boy and girl character, just to let everyone know. I am different I guess though because I dont think that ANY costumes should be one gender only. I would think that in our society, people would be more excepting of this idea. Maybe not. I know that when I was younger playing dress up with different clothes was a part of learning and growing up. If a guy wants to wear a skirt, I may raise an eyebrow, but it doesn't really matter to me. It is just a game, so I wouldn't think it would matter much. And if everything was available to everyone, then trades would be easier and no one could be upset!

This is well put. In this world that was created for us to play people can be pretty much any color, have different colored hair, and change our face shapes at the click of a button, so why should we be limited to boy clothes and girl clothes. Let us all be able to wear what we want.

Didn't think of this before but very good reasoning. (and Days I saw you said you posted the same thing, but either way it is a very good point :goodvibes ) And yes I would be upset if they did do this in the park

Can we argue about something important now? Oh i dontknow.......... like maybe why Grumpy is not allowed the pink superhero suit to match his GNOME HAT? :goodvibes :rotfl:

:rotfl: um Grumpy do you want the...hmm to use the word that was used with the cheer outfits..."shoes" to go with that pink gnome outfit ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter