New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
Grew up in North Jersey and live in the shore area now, I've always considered the North/South Jersey divide the Driscoll Bridge. Is that insane? Maybe! Do I care? No! Does Central Jersey exist? Get outta here with these questions. :p
I also consider the Driscoll Bridge the dividing line...but still refuse to call ourselves "south jersey" lol...So maybe in my mind central jersey is only the area directly above and below 195? Lol

Former MC Shore area resident and I can confirm, we are not South Jersey! I always based the SJ dividing line on the local TV stations you got - NY or Philly (going back to the days of roof antennas 🙄 ).

That being said, since CJ is kind of conflicted and a near mythical place that some don't believe in it's existence, I have seen some local diners and delis call it PR while others called it TH.
That's a good way to look at it...we get NY stations here! But still don't consider ourselves North Jersey, nor do I think of it as South Jersey, so central it is!

I also consider the Driscoll Bridge the dividing line...but still refuse to call ourselves "south jersey" lol...So maybe in my mind central jersey is only the area directly above and below 195? Lol
I have always thought of 195 as the dividing line - anything below is SJ and anything above is CJ up to the Red Bank/Middletown area (that covers the northern shore area too, I've never considered any beach town North Jersey). Once you get above Middletown, it starts getting a little more dense with highways and population so a bit more North Jersey like. Anyway what do I know...I have left the great Garden State for great state of Florida...I may miss the food but I will not miss the winters (or the taxes) AT ALL! And so far the summer has been bearable and not all that different from NJ.

Grew up in North Jersey and live in the shore area now, I've always considered the North/South Jersey divide the Driscoll Bridge. Is that insane? Maybe! Do I care? No! Does Central Jersey exist? Get outta here with these questions. :p

That's the same point of demarcation I use for South Jersey! I always thought GSP Exits 140+ were North Jersey, anything between 140 & Driscoll Bridge were Central Jersey, and anything below the Driscoll was South Jersey.

That's the same point of demarcation I use for South Jersey! I always thought GSP Exits 140+ were North Jersey, anything between 140 & Driscoll Bridge were Central Jersey, and anything below the Driscoll was South Jersey.
I live in South Jersey and don't even know where Driscoll Bridge is located! 😄 Must be a Central Jersey/North Jersey thing! 😆 Love ya all, Jersey Peps!

Me too! Its in north Jersey, according to us south jersey peps! 😁 such a small state and so many different and scapes!
I grew up in Newark and Bayonne, and my Mom and Dad lived there even after I got married and moved to Trenton and then Yardley PA. For all I know, that bridge may not have been named when we left the area for Ohio In 1993. It was definitely on my way home to visit my parents and friends.

I grew up in Newark and Bayonne, and my Mom and Dad lived there even after I got married and moved to Trenton and then Yardley PA. For all I know, that bridge may not have been named when we left the area for Ohio In 1993. It was definitely on my way home to visit my parents and friends.
We use to take 1&9 from JC to Seaside

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter