New menu names at Galaxy's Edge Docking Bay 7 Food/Cargo **Now a hybrid menu 10/30 #53**

If I remember correctly, that never came to Florida. I thought it sounded much better than the current vegetarian meal, but maybe we'll at least get the plant based Ronto Wrap that just debuted in Batuu West.
I was in Batuu West yesterday. While I was waiting for my regular Ronto Wrap, I noticed that most of the orders coming out included at least one meatless wrap. I think it’s going to be very popular.

Maybe people who frequent Batuu West are just smarter than those yokels who go to Batuu East...

Seeing reports this morning that the names on the digital signs have changed back, and that the printed menus have been temporarily "confiscated by the First Order," with CMs offering to read the menu offerings instead. The printed menu sign outside hasn't been changed yet, but I'm guessing that just takes more time to do, and will eventually be changed as well (otherwise things might get confusing).

Granted, this is from an "unscrupulous" news source, so take it with a grain of salt until there's more confirmation.

Reversing course on the name change so soon makes me think that it might have been a management-driven decision rather than a customer-driven decision. I'm guessing some executive had the idea that simplifying the names would increase sales, and when they got feedback that customers weren't happy with removing the theming, they backpedaled.

As it should be.
Oh I so disagree. From a class I attended years ago - cast members make decisions based on the following in this order:

Safety
The Show
The guest
Efficiency

For example. Mickey will never break character and speak to a guest. Even if they are annoyed. But Mickey would break character to save a child from being hurt.

I love that cast members will not break character. You never know who else is watching.

I’m pleased that Disney recognizes a mistake and is not afraid to reverse course. At least I hope this is the case here!

Oh I so disagree. From a class I attended years ago - cast members make decisions based on the following in this order:

Safety
The Show
The guest
Efficiency

For example. Mickey will never break character and speak to a guest. Even if they are annoyed. But Mickey would break character to save a child from being hurt.

I love that cast members will not break character. You never know who else is watching.

Right. Cast members can make decisions, as it should be. I’m not sure what you’re disagreeing with. It sounds to me like we agree.

I’m not talking about characters.

Right. Cast members can make decisions, as it should be. I’m not sure what you’re disagreeing with. It sounds to me like we agree.

I’m not talking about characters.
I’m sorry! I thought you were saying the cast members should be able to slip out of character because a guest would prefer that. The list & order I referenced was very specific. Cast members could not ever break character unless someone’s actual safety was at stake.

I asked a custodian where the exit was and he asked if I wanted to go off world. All cast members working in that land stay in character. It’s so cool!

I’m sorry! I thought you were saying the cast members should be able to slip out of character because a guest would prefer that. The list & order I referenced was very specific. Cast members could not ever break character unless someone’s actual safety was at stake.

I asked a custodian where the exit was and he asked if I wanted to go off world. All cast members working in that land stay in character. It’s so cool!
Not due to preference, but I think if a guest is confused about something or the interaction is not going right, I think the CM needs to know when to stop and let it go.

I’ll relay a story I had during the August previews.

My daughter and I went up to a kiosk to buy drinks. I ordered the alcoholic blue milk, and my 12 year old daughter ordered a non alcoholic green milk. The CM asked to see my daughter’s credentials. I was confused because I ordered the alcohol. I thought he was asking to see her ID because he thought the alcohol was for her. I showed my ID because the alcohol was for me, but he was insistent on seeing her papers, not mine.

I didn’t understand why, but luckily I had carried her passport into the park because I thought she might need photo ID to get in with the previews. I told the CM that I didn’t normally carry photo ID for her and I still wasn’t understanding why I had to show him her passport. I asked him what would have happened if she didn’t have photo ID. He said, that he wouldn’t have been able to serve her. I was getting flustered at this point trying to understand what was happening. I asked again, trying to make sense of it. But he was adamant that without her credentials, he would not serve her.

I thought it was weird and I found the interaction unsettling. It never occurred to me until later that it was the CM staying in character. At least I think that’s what happened. I’m still not entirely sure. Lol.

Aaaaand the craziness continues. I just checked the website and MDE (which earlier had returned to the original themed names), and they have been changed yet again back to the simplified, non-themed names. 🙄🤦‍♂️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter