*** New Official February 2013 Thread ***

2 more sleeps before we start the drive!!!

I can't even get excited - I'm in panic mode :rotfl2: Every single trip. It never fails.... complain about how far away the trip is, prepare to the point where I think it's all done, come 3 days away and I'm rushing around doing all the things I didn't think to do over the past 3 months!

When we're driving through those gates I'll finally relax!

PSA: Don't forget to set up your character calls if you did the SPD offer!

Yep::yes:: I hear you. There is a certain point you can prepare to and then there is the last 48 hours of panic. Like "Why do we only have 3 sets of headphones?" and "Well that sink is draining slowly I better get Draino" and "What do you mean we're out of cat litter I just came back from the store!!??"

Of course there is always the last load of laundry that contains the 4 things you absolutely have to have and didn't wash on the weekend when you did 20 loads. And this morning I discovered the Swiffer was broken..

I could go on and on. But the bottom line is I hear you!!:rotfl:

ETA) and never mind the running list that keeps repeating in my head. I am always terrified I will forget tickets, passports or other important documents!

Sitting at the airport waiting for our flight home :(

We had a great trip and now I'm excited to get home and plan 2015! We're going to stay onsite for longer next time.

I leave in the morning at 9:20a. My best friend is running the Princess half. I am going for support. We are both leaving kids and hubbies behind. I'm so ready but of course everything is falling apart. Our 3rd friend lost her mind 2 weeks ago and decided she needed to write us a letter informing us we have been horrible friends and need to apologize or she wouldn't talk to us. Umm, we are all over 30 and too old for high school crap. So, she is no longer rooming with us. Kids ran out of meds and doc office closed before I could get script (at noon). Dishwasher in brand new house died 2 days ago and GE can't send someone out until tomorrow when I will already be gone. One of my children has decided she is 10 and knows everything and is breaking every rule possible.( lying and stealing)

Yep I need a vacation!

I leave in the morning at 9:20a. My best friend is running the Princess half. I am going for support. We are both leaving kids and hubbies behind. I'm so ready but of course everything is falling apart. Our 3rd friend lost her mind 2 weeks ago and decided she needed to write us a letter informing us we have been horrible friends and need to apologize or she wouldn't talk to us. Umm, we are all over 30 and too old for high school crap. So, she is no longer rooming with us. Kids ran out of meds and doc office closed before I could get script (at noon). Dishwasher in brand new house died 2 days ago and GE can't send someone out until tomorrow when I will already be gone. One of my children has decided she is 10 and knows everything and is breaking every rule possible.( lying and stealing)

Yep I need a vacation!

Oh my gosh girl, yes you do!!!!! How long ya going?

but who am I kidding, I won't sleep on Saturday night. Not with a 730am flight on Sunday morning. :eek:

I only have to get through 2 days of work, one birthday party:bday: with 15 first graders, and then finish up packing for our week in the World!

I warned my DH and DS that we might be dealing with rain and storms at some point next week but I also said if we wait them out, that the parks may be emptier for a period of time for us to enjoy. A line we use often in this house (living in Western PA) is that we aren't made out of sugar and we won't melt with the rain. I'm saying it now so that I can pretend that any rain and storms won't bother me while we are there..... :rolleyes2

Wishing safe travels for everyone leaving for their trips this week, weekend and next week and hope to run into some of you all there!

Ugh! Leaving Fri at 3 for an overnight at hotel for 7am flight Sat morning. AND of course everything is going to sh*t. Something is wrong with my 6 mth old washer (I HATE front loaders and miss my top loader SO much), 2 of 3 kids have colds, humidifier just broke, pretty sure something is up with my 10yr old Maltese (peeing and drinking non-stop), looking like terrible weather for our drive to DC Fri..I could go on:worried: I'm praying that the troubles stop as soon as we hit the magic :goodvibes

something is up with my 10yr old Maltese (peeing and drinking non-stop),

Same happened with us...my persian cat died three weeks before my trip and by the time I was leaving, I noticed my 16 yr old cat is doing the same...I think it's diabetes. Is his/her stomach skinny now? Hope all else falls into place for you ;)

We got back on the 12th and I'm still trying to recover from all teh walking and standing...unfortunately, we weren't able to get in the parks till noon due to some scheduling problems outside of our control :-)mad:):headache: but still managed to have a decent time!

I may get shot, but I wasn't too crazy about NFL...I think once the mine is open then it'll all come together nicely...or maybe I was just zipping through! :rotfl: The only day I was able to get in early was on Friday because we had CRT resevations.

CRT was fantastic...our dishes were exquisite, but couldn't really enjoy them or stuff my face because of the excitement of seeing the princesses, getting the cameras out, getting the autograph books ready etc...I wish I had ordered the filet mignon with spinach quiche like my DH did...SO good. I dressed up like Snow White (yellow skinnies, blue top and red bow head band) and I got compliments from all teh princesses ! :love:

We did Tusker House, Crystal Palace for lunch and the food was so good! They had such a nice variety...We also stepped out to go to the wilderness lodge to visit the Whispering Canyon Cafe...that place is a hoot and the food was delicious! We were so stuffed we couldn't have the dessert!

I missed out on riding ToT and RRC :mad:, but got to ride Everest 3 times back to back! that made up for everything.... I hopped over to MK one night after the AK by myself...it was great! Did adventure and frontier land and finished off with Tomorrowland, all in 3 hours...even had a really good burger and fries from Cosmic Rays and ate it right in front of the castle and caught the end of teh MSEP from my table.

There were cheerleaders everywhwere, but they were under control...had a couple of B's nearly run me over and not say excuse me or anything, but I was focused on my plan to bother with a NYC comeback:rotfl:

Crane is still behind the castle...The Stitch's great escape is HORRIBLE...DONT" go in there yuck!

CRT:
377666_10151510646479108_1703951570_n.jpg

At Belle's cottage...this was my disney bound outfit that received many verbal compliments, nods of approval and maybe some of ridicule! :rotfl2: but I had fun with it and my oldest daughter loved the idea.

541653_10151493531744108_60273780_n.jpg

In the back of the packet (Mickey Mail) with all the coupons; one of them gives you instructions.

Thanks! I'll be looking for that on my day off. Friday can't come soon enough and yet I wish we had an extra day.

Yep::yes:: I hear you. There is a certain point you can prepare to and then there is the last 48 hours of panic. ... Of course there is always the last load of laundry that contains the 4 things you absolutely have to have and didn't wash on the weekend when you did 20 loads. And this morning I discovered the Swiffer was broken..
Ugh! Leaving Fri at 3 for an overnight at hotel for 7am flight Sat morning. AND of course everything is going to sh*t. Something is wrong with my 6 mth old washer (I HATE front loaders and miss my top loader SO much), 2 of 3 kids have colds, humidifier just broke, pretty sure something is up with my 10yr old Maltese (peeing and drinking non-stop), looking like terrible weather for our drive to DC Fri...

Oh my goodness, I thought we were the only ones! We went to put a load of towels in the wash and it started making a clunking noise. Of course this happened after my kid sister got all of -her- laundry done but not the rest of us. Dad's grumpy at everyone from being sore, my shoes and cell phone are starting to wear/glitch.... :sad: It seems like every time we go to finally pack, something else pops up. Praying it's only temporary (for all of us) and we'll get to relax in Florida.

Wife is in a small panic, but wearing a Disney tie today for luck.

Here's hoping it works!

but who am I kidding, I won't sleep on Saturday night. Not with a 730am flight on Sunday morning. :eek:
Wishing safe travels for everyone leaving for their trips this week, weekend and next week and hope to run into some of you all there!

:scratchin Any chance you're flying out of a certain city with three rivers? Sounds like we might be on the same flight.

Flying out in 4 hours - tonight I will be at the Wilderness lodge :cool1:

It all got very real yesterday when I received the first of the email reminders of ADR's from the reservation team. :hyper::hyper::hyper: dinner tonight will be at Kona after a 9 hour plane journey. Eeeee!

matynurse said:
Ugh! Leaving Fri at 3 for an overnight at hotel for 7am flight Sat morning. AND of course everything is going to sh*t.

pretty sure something is up with my 10yr old Maltese (peeing and drinking non-stop), looking like terrible weather for our drive to DC Fri..I could go on:worried: I'm praying that the troubles stop as soon as we hit the magic :goodvibes

We have the same Fri-hotel, Sat AM-flight itinerary.

Our 13 year old bloodhound had a mass that was growing larger by the day. She also started drinking and peeing ridiculously often. Turned out that she had an abscess/ infection along with a tumor. My vet was tipped off to infection by the drinking and peeing. I (as a nurse) thought, duh, makes sense- blood sugar rises during infection. Thats the drive behind all that thirst in diabetes. She got better a couple days into her antibiotic. Maybe your Maltese just has something brewing somewhere?

Edit- another "duh" (it's 5 am and I randomly woke up, forgive me). I see by your name that your a nurse... I guess that's why we both jumped to the diabetes conclusion with our dogs. Being in ICU, thirst and peeing isn't on my radar with infections. Usually I see the opposite!

:scratchin Any chance you're flying out of a certain city with three rivers? Sounds like we might be on the same flight.

Yes, we fly out of Pittsburgh on Sunday morning! We are flying Southwest.

How funny if we are on the same flight together. It will be me (shortish, reddish brown hair), DH (not a morning person, will be grumpy with long hair), and DS (crew cut) who will be bouncing off of the walls.

BiancaBernard&Penny said:
We have the same Fri-hotel, Sat AM-flight itinerary.

Our 13 year old bloodhound had a mass that was growing larger by the day. She also started drinking and peeing ridiculously often. Turned out that she had an abscess/ infection along with a tumor. My vet was tipped off to infection by the drinking and peeing. I (as a nurse) thought, duh, makes sense- blood sugar rises during infection. Thats the drive behind all that thirst in diabetes. She got better a couple days into her antibiotic. Maybe your Maltese just has something brewing somewhere?

Edit- another "duh" (it's 5 am and I randomly woke up, forgive me). I see by your name that your a nurse... I guess that's why we both jumped to the diabetes conclusion with our dogs. Being in ICU, thirst and peeing isn't on my radar with infections. Usually I see the opposite!

Thank you all for the concern/help! I'm really worried it's diabetes, or cushion's disease but pray its just an infection! Think we are going to the vet today.

godiva99 said:
Same happened with us...my persian cat died three weeks before my trip and by the time I was leaving, I noticed my 16 yr old cat is doing the same...I think it's diabetes. Is his/her stomach skinny now? Hope all else falls into place for you ;)

No not skinny thank goodness!!

ONE more sleep:eek::yay:

I still have so much to do! I hope everyones pets and weather are ok and we can all get to our trips for a much needed break:)

Can't decide what to do. The weather in DC will be fine on Sunday when we fly out...but not in Boston where our flight originates. :eek: The flight we are booked on leaves at 1:20 pm. The flight before that , which JetBlue will let us fly standby on leaves at 10am. Debating if we should try to do that. My hubby thinks we have a better chance of getting out of DC if we go earlier....what do you guys think?:confused3

Can't decide what to do. The weather in DC will be fine on Sunday when we fly out...but not in Boston where our flight originates. :eek: The flight we are booked on leaves at 1:20 pm. The flight before that , which JetBlue will let us fly standby on leaves at 10am. Debating if we should try to do that. My hubby thinks we have a better chance of getting out of DC if we go earlier....what do you guys think?:confused3

I would go for the earlier flight, or even see if they will let you go standby on a Saturday flight. It's not ideal but I would hate to wait and hope it was going to be ok and then lose a day or more off of my vacation. If this storm is as big as they say it will be, flights have the potential to be backed up for a few days.

Flying out in 4 hours - tonight I will be at the Wilderness lodge :cool1:

It all got very real yesterday when I received the first of the email reminders of ADR's from the reservation team. :hyper::hyper::hyper: dinner tonight will be at Kona after a 9 hour plane journey. Eeeee!

Have a great trip. I was so excited for you reading your email. I can't wait to say "I will be in Disney this time tonight" :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter