*** New Official February 2013 Thread ***

I like BWI the best, but the rates out of Reagan were just too good! I don't like the short runways at Reagan, but it seems to work for other flights every day, so we should be okay ;). I didn't realize there was a system in the north on Sunday. I'll be hoping for you!

Hahahaha...that is so funny that you mentioned the short runways! When I Googled pics of DCA, I thought to myself "My, the runways seem kinda short...hope that is ok." ! Should be interesting...more so on the landing. :lmao:

pigletto said:
It's TODAY:cool1::banana::yay:

I have a few things to finish up this morning and then we are picking the kids up from school at lunch time and off we go!!
Doing the same here! Staying at a park n fly tonight
skater said:
Your flight leaves at 7:10? It its a 7:10 JetBlue flight, we're on the same one! So funny. It just me and my 11 year old son for this trip.
Sure is!!! Too funny :)

I'm thinking I may be enjoying some time at the pool tomorrow! A high of 85 sounds delicious to me. Yesterday, I figured out that it was 50 - 55 degrees higher in Orlando than what we had.

I am messing around on the disboards when I should be cleaning my house, and cooking for this party we are having tonight! :rotfl: 2 DAYS UNTIL DISNEY!!!!! ok, I am going to go get to work now....promise ;)

I just checked the weather. It looks like we should all make sure we get our pool time in during the first days of our trip. It drops down to high 60's later in the week. I'm not complaining because that's still MUCH better than here but if your kids love to swim take them the first couple of days:)

Just like some of you, we've got the "whatever can go wrong, will go wrong" scenerio. Wednesday night DH cracked a tooth and a piece of it came off :eek: Luckily our dentist happens to be a personal friend, so getting an appt was easy. Thankfully what DH thought was part of his tooth was only some filling. But of course now DH will have to have that tooth crowned after we get back home. The dentist fixed DH up and he shouldn't have any problems while we're gone :goodvibes: As a result didn't get anything done yesterday, so today is super busy packing and cleaning. DS tried on his swim trunks yesterday and of course they don't fit, that means a quick trip to Kohl's (only b/c I have Kohl's cash to use).

Wishing safe travels to all who are leaving today and through the weekend :yay:

Just like some of you, we've got the "whatever can go wrong, will go wrong" scenerio. Wednesday night DH cracked a tooth and a piece of it came off :eek: Luckily our dentist happens to be a personal friend, so getting an appt was easy. Thankfully what DH thought was part of his tooth was only some filling. But of course now DH will have to have that tooth crowned after we get back home. The dentist fixed DH up and he shouldn't have any problems while we're gone :goodvibes: As a result didn't get anything done yesterday, so today is super busy packing and cleaning. DS tried on his swim trunks yesterday and of course they don't fit, that means a quick trip to Kohl's (only b/c I have Kohl's cash to use).

Wishing safe travels to all who are leaving today and through the weekend :yay:

Isn't it amazing how those boys grow?! I could not believe the amount of stuff from last summer that no longer fit my 8 (almost 9) year old!! I mean its been 6 months and he is not one but two sizes bigger:eek:

2 days to go here and I'm already too excited to sleep. Lol. Took an extra day off of work because a) nothing going on there anyway, and b) I'd rather take my time getting everything done. HA. But now I'm up way too early and am too excited to sleep. NERD

It's so cool that some of you on the same flight! Safe travels everyone!

I have pre-trip jitters! I can't believe I feel so stressed. Everything is fine. I don't know why I have all this anxiety! I just wish I could be there without all the stress of packing, going through security, taking off (on that short runway ;)), finding ME (I get a little lost every time). If I wish hard enough, can it just be tomorrow about noon :goodvibes?

One more thing - do you think we all look like refugees walking off the plane in Orlando - winter clothes, tired faces, shuffling through the airport with the hope of a better time in our eyes?

Skater I am so with you!

My biggest thing is the flight. I have never really enjoyed it but I have flown my whole life and it became a problem two summers ago. I was terrified and had to do something about it. The anxiety starts the day of the trip. I wake up with my stomach doing flips. I have them now. They feel like happy nervous excitement. But by the time we leave, I am a nervous wreck. So I take .5 lorazepam as we leave. Usually I am calmer by the airport. Then, I take the second 20 minutes before boarding because I start to feel really rough again. Usually that's enough. If it's a turbulent flight I may have another half way through. I am still alert and functional but very relaxed.

It doesn't have to be miserable. If you are like me, talk to your doctor. It's the only time I ever take them and they are a lifesaver. It got so bad for awhile I wouldn't be flying anymore without it.

Skater I am so with you!

My biggest thing is the flight. I have never really enjoyed it but I have flown my whole life and it became a problem two summers ago. I was terrified and had to do something about it. The anxiety starts the day of the trip. I wake up with my stomach doing flips. I have them now. They feel like happy nervous excitement. But by the time we leave, I am a nervous wreck. So I take .5 lorazepam as we leave. Usually I am calmer by the airport. Then, I take the second 20 minutes before boarding because I start to feel really rough again. Usually that's enough. If it's a turbulent flight I may have another half way through. I am still alert and functional but very relaxed.

It doesn't have to be miserable. If you are like me, talk to your doctor. It's the only time I ever take them and they are a lifesaver. It got so bad for awhile I wouldn't be flying anymore without it.

Good point! I usually take something before certain Dentist appts., but I never thought about it for this. Its so silly because I love to travel and I even used to love to fly. But its starting to feel serious - stomach pain, tight shoulders and even bad toothaches before every trip - I feel like a crazy woman. I don't like drugs, but it may be better than this :). Oh well, in 24 hours, I should be on the ground in Orlando and starting to feel better.

4 DAYS TO GO!!! We got a 7:am flight on Tuesday morning. The weather out of Boston looks great for takeoff! The best part, as of 4:30 today, I am on VACATION!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I have pre-trip jitters! I can't believe I feel so stressed. Everything is fine. I don't know why I have all this anxiety! I just wish I could be there without all the stress of packing, going through security, taking off (on that short runway ;)), finding ME (I get a little lost every time). If I wish hard enough, can it just be tomorrow about noon :goodvibes?

It doesn't matter if you fly or drive, I feel the same way today! I am totally stressed, I can't decide what to do first so I'm doing everything at once and not accomplishing much :rotfl:

This is a peek inside my mind today: How many long sleeve shirts should I pack....it's supposed to be colder at the end of next week? Are these really enough snacks....I should really go to the store again? Should I take all the pins off of everyone's lanyards....then we can fill them again and it wouldn't be so heavy on my neck?? Maybe I should pack the whole box of band-aids...even though the first aid travel pack is full?? I need to take Splenda and creamer....even though housekeeping will bring tons of coffee stuff if we ask them too! :rotfl2: No wonder I've only done one load of laundry!

One more thing - do you think we all look like refugees walking off the plane in Orlando - winter clothes, tired faces, shuffling through the airport with the hope of a better time in our eyes?

:lmao:I can just picture that!!! :lmao: Thanks, I needed a good laugh! :lmao:

:rotfl2: at the Small World comment.

We have a room reserved at one of the hotels near the airport, otherwise it would be a 2 hour drive to the airport for us too (from South of Pittsburgh so I don't think we live next door to each other or anything like that :upsidedow ) . Works out though because the hotel has a Park and Fly rate and we can leave our car there and they will shuttle us in the morning.

You know I will be getting on the plane now saying "Angebee? Angebee? is that you?" :wave2:

:rotfl: Best way to turn me Mickey-pants red! Then you would find me for sure. :thumbsup2 Or I could just keep Woody (won him at Disneyland; must defeat Zurg together!) and my Sorcerer Mickey ears out of the carry-on for a bit before we board. We're leaving the car at the airport. Getting a motel room would have been a brilliant idea, glad you thought of it and nope -- we're up north near Lake Erie. (It's why I love Canada so much; we took day-cations to Niagara Falls a ton.)

It's TODAY:cool1::banana::yay:

I have a few things to finish up this morning and then we are picking the kids up from school at lunch time and off we go!!

:wave2: Horray! Enjoy!

I am messing around on the disboards when I should be cleaning my house, and cooking for this party we are having tonight! :rotfl: 2 DAYS UNTIL DISNEY!!!!! ok, I am going to go get to work now....promise ;)

Same! Except we need to get to church for the annual Lenten fish dinners and pack, pack, pack! My sister got her March schedule as well and (surprise surprise) they forgot to give her the 1st and 2nd off so we'll be handling that today, too. :headache: But the washer fixed itself! And I've been whistling while I work today. Must be the 2 day mark!! Won't be panicking about the plane until we pull up to the airport. Then I'm a nervous wreck.

It doesn't matter if you fly or drive, I feel the same way today! I am totally stressed, I can't decide what to do first so I'm doing everything at once and not accomplishing much :rotfl:

This is a peek inside my mind today: How many long sleeve shirts should I pack....it's supposed to be colder at the end of next week? Are these really enough snacks....I should really go to the store again? Should I take all the pins off of everyone's lanyards....then we can fill them again and it wouldn't be so heavy on my neck?? Maybe I should pack the whole box of band-aids...even though the first aid travel pack is full?? I need to take Splenda and creamer....even though housekeeping will bring tons of coffee stuff if we ask them too! :rotfl2: No wonder I've only done one load of laundry!

:

This makes me feel better! I don't have any long sleeved shirts packed though - just taking a hoodie and a light coat. Maybe I better throw one in - I've been packing most of the day :). I hope you don't need the whole box of band aids ;). I've done similar things with our pins though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter