• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Reunion Station use

Normally I would say another cash grab but I would pay this to get my husband out of the room to watch football somewhere else! Anywhere else. I hate football. Please don’t flame me for hating football. :rolleyes1

Normally I would say another cash grab but I would pay this to get my husband out of the room to watch football somewhere else! Anywhere else. I hate football. Please don’t flame me for hating football. :rolleyes1
I am not a fan of football either but my DH is a big one. Mostly college and mostly Ohio State but he does Fantasy Football so that keeps him also interested in NFL. And he is a big Ice Hockey fan too so Sept through June he is, um, how should I say....he is distracted and I am basically on my own. ANd that's our main vacation timeframe too. So I have to be creative and find cruises with sports bars and know all the places at Disney. While I don't get into the games, I do like to hang and chat and drink and eat so I get that out of it while he watches his games. We've watched football, hockey and baseball play offs at the lounges with SIL and BIL at Disney and had fun....having drinks and eating and chatting. Can people watch too. We did cruise last Oct with friends and had fun watching games and drinking on the ship. In Jan we cruised with our DDs-20 and NFL play offs were going on. We got to watch our Ravens (hometown team...in fact their very first ever game was on our wedding day and we had a TV rolled into our reception) from Port Canaveral bar and then 2nd half from big screen on pool deck as well as 2nd game. Was fun.

It certainly is an interesting concept and I would bet it will be popular for some members. For $50, which does include tax and tip, you get some decent options. Most of the drinks I have at WDW are around $11 - $13 each, and if I wanted to be able to hang and watch some football while I was there, I might try it!

I'd book it if there were a way to know which games they plan to show - and a guarantee that they would show the entire game and not switch to something else, LOL. I like to watch football, but strongly prefer NOT to watch it with my DH unless there are other people around, LOL. (That cuts down on the volume and quantity of the "couch coaching") :teeth:

Last edited:

We may try this during our Nov food and wine trip. We've watched many a football game at different lounges throughout the 'world,' but I think Geyser Point is actually my favorite if the weather is nice. So, not sure I'd want to pay 100 bucks for us to go watch the game inside literally right next door. Wonder how far in advance you need to make reservations.

What I don't specifically like, for the record, is that RS should be a community Hall. Community halls traditionally were free (save a craft or two) and fun and useful. While they sometimes use them for paid events, they aren't paid or dark.

RS is paid or dark.

The space is too prime for that, and CCV-BRV would benefit from a real community Hall

What I don't specifically like, for the record, is that RS should be a community Hall. Community halls traditionally were free (save a craft or two) and fun and useful. While they sometimes use them for paid events, they aren't paid or dark.

RS is paid or dark.

The space is too prime for that, and CCV-BRV would benefit from a real community Hall
I get the feeling they are trying to keep WL a more adult resort whereas Poly, BLT and even VGF are very kid friendly. I am all for that as empty nesters. Except for the Artist Point change. That was a more kid oriented change...boo to that as AP was my Fave TS place before.

Last edited:

I'd book it if there were a way to know which games they plan to show - and a guarantee that they would show the entire game and not switch to something else, LOL.
These are pretty much my thoughts too. I’d be pretty upset to pay $100 for two people, then not have our team on, or have them switch the game I came to watch midway through. I wonder if they’ll have Sunday Ticket, or just whatever the local Fox and CBS broadcast games are.

College game day seems difficult at best.
I get the feeling they are trying to keep WL a more adult resort whereas Poly, BLT and even VGF are very kid friendly. I am all for that as empty nesters. Except for the Artist Point change. That was more kid oriented...boo to that as AP was my Fave TS place before.

They removed the much more "adult" AP and put in a character meal. I don't know that they have any specific feel they are going for other than the color green. ($$$$)

I agree that letting it sit empty most of the time is such a waste. And in the original information it was announced to be a community hall. Then someone decided they could earn a couple of ancillary dollars off of it.

Isn't it almost identical to the simil-club level offering, with the only addition of the TVs?
It was $50 per day per person, drinks and two services of light food included.
Where's the difference?

Isn't it almost identical to the simil-club level offering, with the only addition of the TVs?
It was $50 per day per person, drinks and two services of light food included.
Where's the difference?
That’s what I thought too 🤷🏼‍♀️

This has my husband written all over it. As members, we frequently all say we don’t feel the need to be in the parks all the time right?

This is a new opportunity dedicated to football fans and to meet others hanging out and taking in the games. if you aren’t one for football you most likely won’t be there vs any normal afternoon meal at a restaurant. I think it’s a neat idea and actually promotes the neighborhood concept 😄

I live in a home where the front door says "We interrupt this family for football season".

I am sitting on a couch while the entire days' line-up is being written out.

I have organized WDW Christmas trip plans around the NBA and the NFL.

I have relayed places to watch games.

However, there is zero interest in watching in public at WDW all these years. The room is where it is at. No distractions. Changing games at whim (including complaining about no time shifting possibilities/channels). Eating whenever and whatever.

Who knows. Obviously there are many that enjoy the more social choice. But $50 is insane in my opinion.

As for comparison to the previous concierge -

Wasn't the $50 then a grab a beer/drink on your own, ie. whenever you like?

Not you will only have two?!?!

:laughing::drinking1

I live in a home where the front door says "We interrupt this family for football season".

I am sitting on a couch while the entire days' line-up is being written out.

I have organized WDW Christmas trip plans around the NBA and the NFL.

I have relayed places to watch games.

However, there is zero interest in watching in public at WDW all these years. The room is where it is at. No distractions. Changing games at whim (including complaining about no time shifting possibilities/channels). Eating whenever and whatever.

Who knows. Obviously there are many that enjoy the more social choice. But $50 is insane in my opinion.

As for comparison to the previous concierge -

Wasn't the $50 then a grab a beer/drink on your own, ie. whenever you like?

Not you will only have two?!?!

:laughing::drinking1
Yes, you could get as many drinks as you liked from the beer and wine selection they had. Maybe you can get 2 mixed/fruity drinks with this. The thing with the past offering is they initially started it for folks staying at VWL only and you had to ALL get it for the WHOLE stay. DH and I stayed 1 night, pre cruise, and got it. For just 2 of us who drink and got our money's worth (and the breakfast in there was nice the day we checked out and headed to the ship). BUT if we were staying with our 2 DDs (age 20) for a week, we would not get it as $200 a day for only 2 of us who can drink....not worth it. Then they opened it up to folks staying at any DVC resort but it really isn't worth it at all when staying across the property from there. This though, going over for 1 long afternoon, is def a good deal especially when WDW property doesn't have much in way of sports bars. ESPN Club and that is near impossible to get into on game days.

Yes, you could get as many drinks as you liked from the beer and wine selection they had.

Yes I know. I was being totally facetious (and failed lovin'fl - insert smile) Ie. They've actually lessened the amount you can drink for $50 from their concierge option. So very tricky those masterminds with their two drink offer.

Oh wait complimentary drinks I mean. :drinking1 :rotfl2:

The game selection sounds really lame. Just 2 games an afternoon, and only those that would be considered "game of the week" type games. As a Bears fan, I would want to see the Bears game, not Cowboys-Eagles. I can just watch that sort of game in my own room.
For it to appeal to me at all, they would have to include something like NFL Direct Ticket to assure that I will get to see the game I want to see.

They will be playing multiple games on multiple TVs.

Taken from Disfan, linked at the bottom of this thread.

"Disney Vacation Club Members and their guests can kick back and enjoy a variety of foods and beverages while they watch two featured games for the day.

Booking this experience includes the following:

Access to Reunion Station to watch two football games: one beginning at noon or 1 pm, and a second mid-to-late afternoon game.
A menu of featured foods, snacks, and treats that are appropriate for any tailgate party.
2 adult beverages per person ages 21 and above. Those under 21 will be offered DOLE Whip and a Mickey ice cream bar.
Fun halftime activities."

They twice mention there only being two games a day. Maybe you know more than they do, but I'm basing what I am saying on what I have read from reputable sources.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter