New rides

Hi Humbug,

There are new attractions planned for every year until 2008. :) This year was Space Mountain: Mission 2, next year should be the Buzz Lightyear ride, followed by Toon Studios in 2007 and then Tower of Terror in 2008.

You can see more detailed information about them here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=714500 :)

A wild mouse coaster is a particular style of rollercoaster. It's not like Space Mountain or Rock 'n' Rollercoaster with trains. You just get one little car which travels on its own, rather than a train with lots of cars in it, and you generally just have a bar to hold you in - although I have seen some with loops.

On most wild mouse coasters, your car twirls around a bit as it's going around corners, and sometimes as it goes down drops, i.e. it doesn't always go in a straight line and you're not always facing forwards. Also, the car is usually quite wide and sometimes circular, so it seems like you're tipping off the track sometimes. A lot of the bobsled-style rides at British theme parks are "wild mouse" coasters. :)

This is the one at Fantasy Island in Skegness: http://www.fantasyisland.co.uk/rides/uploads/1113591067_original_2.jpg - it's one of the round ones and it twirls you when you get to corners. I should think the sea turtle style ones might be roundish too, to give the impression that you're not on a track. But who knows. :)

Well latest rumours indicate it won't be a wild mouse ride. Although I would feature some spinning feature during the Australian Eastern Current scene.

Bonnie said:
A wild mouse coaster is a particular style of rollercoaster. It's not like Space Mountain or Rock 'n' Rollercoaster with trains. You just get one little car which travels on its own, rather than a train with lots of cars in it, and you generally just have a bar to hold you in - although I have seen some with loops.

On most wild mouse coasters, your car twirls around a bit as it's going around corners, and sometimes as it goes down drops, i.e. it doesn't always go in a straight line and you're not always facing forwards. Also, the car is usually quite wide and sometimes circular, so it seems like you're tipping off the track sometimes. A lot of the bobsled-style rides at British theme parks are "wild mouse" coasters. :)

This is the one at Fantasy Island in Skegness: http://www.fantasyisland.co.uk/rides/uploads/1113591067_original_2.jpg - it's one of the round ones and it twirls you when you get to corners. I should think the sea turtle style ones might be roundish too, to give the impression that you're not on a track. But who knows. :)

Is there a Wild mouse coaster at DLP already??

humbug83 said:
I would love to see Splash Mountain at DLP

Well, I would - but I don't think it will ever make it due to the water element :( I don't think Paris is hot enough unfortunately

Nope, no wild mouse coasters at DLRP. I don't think that the weather is the reason why there's no Splash Mountain, since most themeparks in Europe have a coaster like that. It's probably all about the money!

Sorry Raptor, I should have been more clear. I know there are water flume rides in lots of themeparks, but none on the scale of Splash Mountain. I don;t think there would be a good ROI for it mostly due to the weather and the fact that it could not operate year round (or that people would not ride it year round, anyway ;) )

There used to be a wild mouse at Skegness although I don't know if it's still there. I was never allowed to go on it as a child - Mum thought it too dangerous! LOl

Miffy2003 said:
Sorry Raptor, I should have been more clear. I know there are water flume rides in lots of themeparks, but none on the scale of Splash Mountain. I don;t think there would be a good ROI for it mostly due to the weather and the fact that it could not operate year round (or that people would not ride it year round, anyway ;) )

I would definitely ride it year round. I LOVE water flume rides. They are great!!!

I'm really excited about the Tower of Terror being built. I absolutely love the one in Orlando! :D

You may have a point about Splash Mountain, actually. It just wouldn't be very pleasant in the Winter. That said, there is a log flume in Alton Towers. Granted, Alton Towers only opens March to early November, but it's open for all that time. Come to think of it, there is a small log flume at Flambards in Cornwall, which I think is open all year round! So Splash Mountain at Paris could be alright. It'd be great if they did decide to make one! :earsboy:

NIK said:
There used to be a wild mouse at Skegness although I don't know if it's still there. I was never allowed to go on it as a child - Mum thought it too dangerous! LOl

Yep, it's still there! I went on it a few years back and it's still mentioned on the website, so I assume it's there still. :)

humbug83 said:
I would definitely ride it year round. I LOVE water flume rides. They are great!!!

Yikes Humbug, you are braver than me! I love getting wet on a hot Floridian day but last time I was at DLP the temps were below freezing and there is no way, no how, you would have got me on a ride that would have got me wet!

emmaness said:
You may have a point about Splash Mountain, actually. It just wouldn't be very pleasant in the Winter. That said, there is a log flume in Alton Towers. Granted, Alton Towers only opens March to early November, but it's open for all that time. Come to think of it, there is a small log flume at Flambards in Cornwall, which I think is open all year round! So Splash Mountain at Paris could be alright. It'd be great if they did decide to make one! :earsboy:

I think Splash Mountain could work well, and sure they could have some technology to make sure you get less wet in the winter then the summer couldn't they? Here in the UK we even have a big water coaster kinda like Splash Mountain called Valhalla in Blackpool Pleasure Beach apart from it does not have an outside section, but does have a wonderful lot of water inside and coming out of it on a cold February day can be uncomfortable but always so fun for a person like me, sure there are quite a few other crazy people who would go on a water coaster like this apart from just me ;) .

Miffy2003 said:
Yikes Humbug, you are braver than me! I love getting wet on a hot Floridian day but last time I was at DLP the temps were below freezing and there is no way, no how, you would have got me on a ride that would have got me wet!

Okay maybe I would not ride it year round, but if they opened it from March to September I am sure it would be popular. Anyway they probably are not going to have it at DLP so I will just dream!

Does anyone know where they are planning to put Tower of Terror? Do you think it will be in Frontierland near BTM and Phantom Manor?

Phantom Manor is due for completion in 2008, though it's not actually in the Disneyland park, it's going to be in Disney Studios! I don't know exactly where they're putting it. :)

emmaness said:
Phantom Manor is due for completion in 2008, though it's not actually in the Disneyland park, it's going to be in Disney Studios! I don't know exactly where they're putting it. :)

U mean Tower of Terror!!

Haha, yes, I do mean Tower of Terror. :rotfl: I was confused because you mentioned Phantom Manor in your post as well. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter