• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New rides

There is a Splash Mountain in Tokyo Disneyland which suffers from hard winters too. They simply turn off the splash effect when you come down, so Japanese guests don't get wet. Why wouldn't this work in Paris too??

Splash Mountain looks fantastic and I'd love to see something like it at DLRP. :flower: I don't think the bad weather excuses are really all that justified, especially if the Tokyo park has already come up with a way of dealing with it. :umbrella:

Splash Mountain is my all-time favourite ride at WDW. It would be FANTASTIC to have one at DLP!!

Maybe the proposed Villain Mountain which was sheduled for WDW, but dropped. :genie:

raptor1982 said:
There is a Splash Mountain in Tokyo Disneyland which suffers from hard winters too. They simply turn off the splash effect when you come down, so Japanese guests don't get wet. Why wouldn't this work in Paris too??

That sounds like a good idea for the winter. Although wouldnt that defeat the object of the ride.

Bonnie said:
I don't think the bad weather excuses are really all that justified, especially if the Tokyo park has already come up with a way of dealing with it. :umbrella:

I should just clarify, this is just my thoughts on why Spalsh Mountain may not already have made it to DLP, I've no idea if this is the actual reason or not!

humbug83 said:
That sounds like a good idea for the winter. Although wouldnt that defeat the object of the ride.

Although it seems strange not to get wet on a water ride, the theming would be so great that it would still be a great ride to go on even if you didn't get wet. Getting splashed would be a great addition in the warmer months but the ride would defnitely still be worthwhile in the winter months just for the scenery.

We went in October last year and the weather was great, so even if they decided to shut the ride during the colder months, they'd probably only need to close it for perhaps the 3 coldest months rather than 6 months. However I still don't think they'd spend so much money on a ride that they'd have to close seasonally. Hopefully they'll find a way so that you don't get so wet in the colder months so it could stay open all year round. It would be GREAT to have Splash Mountain at DLP and would definitely draw a lot of people to DLP, including a lot of people who go to WDW and know Splash Mountain already.

Rhiannon :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter