• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Security Bubble at MK?

I just went to MK yesterday, they check you right when you get off the tram if you come from the parking lot. I didn't see where they check you if you come from one of the resorts or buses. There were no metal detectors or bag inspections at the front of MK like there used to be.

Has anyone experienced the new security bubble if you are walking from Poly to the TTC? I can't imagine that footpath get enough traffic for it to have it's own checkpoint, but at the same time I hope that you are not shoved in the checkpoint with all the tram traffic. Poly is my DVC home and that foot path is like gold to us. So much quicker than riding the resort monorail around especially if you are heading to Epcot.

Speaking of Epcot, anyone know if the monorail station at Epcot is inside the Epcot security bubble? It would stink to have go through security to get on the monorail then go through again at epcot.

Has anyone experienced the new security bubble if you are walking from Poly to the TTC? I can't imagine that footpath get enough traffic for it to have it's own checkpoint, but at the same time I hope that you are not shoved in the checkpoint with all the tram traffic. Poly is my DVC home and that foot path is like gold to us. So much quicker than riding the resort monorail around especially if you are heading to Epcot.

Speaking of Epcot, anyone know if the monorail station at Epcot is inside the Epcot security bubble? It would stink to have go through security to get on the monorail then go through again at epcot.
Well you'd have to be screened with the tram and ferrry guests. It's much quicker this way then before.

Yes you will be screened twice if going to Epcot from TTC.

I've gone bagless for years. But now that I am using an ECV I have to go thru security.

From what I understand, for those purchasing the "inside the parks bus" (don't know what it's called), it drops you right inside the parks. So I imagine if you stick with this system you can go from park to park only going through security the first time you enter a park.

From what I understand, for those purchasing the "inside the parks bus" (don't know what it's called), it drops you right inside the parks. So I imagine if you stick with this system you can go from park to park only going through security the first time you enter a park.
The express bus. Yes if you buy this which I have you only go through security once.

There is no checkpoint on the footpath. You have to go through at the TTC with everyone else, and then again at Epcot, if that is where you are heading. We were just there last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter