New security measure: Do not disturb signs being Removed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just CYA. It has nothing to do with actual security.

Ok, so they seem to be doing this in the daytime. What about the other 12 hours of the day? Are sociopaths on their best behavior from 5 pm until the next morning?

What a joke. Scan the luggage and do bag checks if you want to secure the resorts. Just like the parks

Agreed. I don't get what the big deal is either. There are things in life to get worked up over, and this is definitely not one of them for me. There have been several reports out there of people not even noticing anything different. And I find that there are many people making a huge deal out of this who haven't even been there to experience it for themselves yet. Pretty strange to me, at least I get a good chuckle out of it.
If it bothers you that much, stay offsite. I have zero issue with it, so more room for me!
Of course there are, as you say, "things in life to get worked up over." That doesn't mean that those of us that are bothered by this have, I don't know, lost sight of what's important in life? Or something? I find it a little insulting that you'd imply that.

And I myself find it strange when people "get a chuckle" out of something that legitimately concerns others or makes them feel uncomfortable. :confused3

I also don't have anything to hide. But I do like to be able to wake up on my own, shower and get dressed before I have to open the door for our daily inspection.

Well, not really an inspection. I guess I should say, before I have to open the door so they can drag trash around. Heck, just leave the nasty bag outside of the door. I promise I will drag it around my room and leave it for a later pick up.
:rotfl2:

I didn’t mean to sound like everyone else were creepers hiding stuff. I’m just saying that I guess I’m just really chill and I would rather a Disney worker accidentally see me naked than to let something like what happened in Vegas happen. Bad people are everywhere and I just see this as Disney trying to help us/them avoid something bad from happening. Yea, they could go about it better, but it’s a learning experience. I’m sure they will work out the kinks if people write in and give them pointers on what they like to see happen.

I didn’t mean to sound like everyone else were creepers hiding stuff. I’m just saying that I guess I’m just really chill and I would rather a Disney worker accidentally see me naked than to let something like what happened in Vegas happen. Bad people are everywhere and I just see this as Disney trying to help us/them avoid something bad from happening. Yea, they could go about it better, but it’s a learning experience. I’m sure they will work out the kinks if people write in and give them pointers on what they like to see happen.
But that is assuming that "housekeeping" walking into your room, not looking up once, gathering trash and walking out, will somehow stop some terrible thing from happening.

Sorry, but I'm not ready to flash someone just for a little security theater.

But that is assuming that "housekeeping" walking into your room, not looking up once, gathering trash and walking out, will somehow stop some terrible thing from happening.

Sorry, but I'm not ready to flash someone just for a little security theater.

But it could potentially stop something bad. If someone was holed up in a room like the Vegas shooter was, this simple measure could stop them. Life could still be lost, but a lot more life could be saved. Disney just needs to train the people doing checks better. I just don’t feel like Disney is wasting manpower, to just creep on us. What would be the point? Disney gains nothing by walking into our rooms.

But it could potentially stop something bad. If someone was holed up in a room like the Vegas shooter was, this simple measure could stop them. Life could still be lost, but a lot more life could be saved. Disney just needs to train the people doing checks better. I just don’t feel like Disney is wasting manpower, to just creep on us. What would be the point? Disney gains nothing by walking into our rooms.
You do know that he wasn't "holed up" in his room, right?

He was seen by various employees of the hotel during his stay.

I do believe that they are wasting manpower. It isn't just to creep us out, but the new policy was brought on without enough research. In addition, the policy isn't being implemented in the same way at even the same resort. Everyone is doing their own thing. Our housekeeper knocked on the door before 9. Another housekeeping at the same resort walks by the leave "me alone sign" and comes back later. That means that I am bothered, before I get out of bed, and the person next door is left blissfully asleep.

I'd rather not be seen in a state of undress by anyone AND not have an event like Vegas happen.

It's funny you mention "they will work out the kinks if people write in and give them pointers on what they like to see happen." Your previous comments don't really support that you think people should have anything to write in about but rather they shouldn't make such a big deal about it since it's not one to you.

What they gain is more protection in the event of a lawsuit.

As far as a simple measure--you do realize that once the check is done the coast is clear for someone to do something right? Timing is what would lead either the security check or housekeeping to find something not the mere fact that security or housekeeping peeked in the room.

Well there’s no way I can write everything that i feel about it, and I know the avegas Guy was seen, but did they look in his room? We can pick apart each other’s arguments all day, but the point is, the real world is not so magical and sometimes when policies come into play it sucks. And people don’t know how to make them work and thus it comes across poorly.

Also, I’m not in charge of anyone’s feelings other than my own. I was just stating how I feel. Sometimes, when it comes to messages, wrong things are implied. I never mean to imply anything other than my own feelings.

This is just CYA. It has nothing to do with actual security.

Ok, so they seem to be doing this in the daytime. What about the other 12 hours of the day? Are sociopaths on their best behavior from 5 pm until the next morning?

What a joke. Scan the luggage and do bag checks if you want to secure the resorts. Just like the parks

How do you suggest they keep the luggage scanned? Do they stop every car coming in to the resort every time? What about the people using the boats to and from Disney Springs? Or those who walk around some of the resorts? There is no feasible way to scan the luggage and make sure nothing else outside of Disney gets brought to the rooms.

How do you suggest they keep the luggage scanned? Do they stop every car coming in to the resort every time? What about the people using the boats to and from Disney Springs? Or those who walk around some of the resorts? There is no feasible way to scan the luggage and make sure nothing else outside of Disney gets brought to the rooms.

Question for you.... please explain to me how barging into people's rooms is actually increasing safety?

Question for you.... please explain to me how barging into people's rooms is actually increasing safety?

It's not. There is nothing they are doing that keeps guests safe. Just like entering the guy in LV room right up until the end told them nothing ......... because a criminal of this kind would keep all the "bad" stuff hidden.

Interesting that there have been reports from guests in Las Vegas that have not experienced anything like Disney is doing. Interesting that I haven't seen any reports of offsite hotel guests experiencing anything like Disney is doing. Interesting that most the hotels I've seen post their process is to do a room check when the sign has been up for 24 hours, not anything like Disney is doing. Something different is happening at Disney ...

So why is Disney doing something different, so aggressive, so invasive and so strange .... like the many reports of folks returning to rest only to be barged in on a short time later ...? They had all day to inspect. Having sat in a long conversation with someone who brought up lots of points my thought process went a different way.

I don't think this has anything to do with the Las Vegas shooter .... it's just the Disney way. The GAC change to DAS was blamed on "folks paying disabled guides" even though if you did the research that was a non-issue ... It's not the only time, they are good about using a current events to implement new things. I think it has to do with something much darker, something that can be addressed during the daytime hours early and late while guests are in rooms, can be addressed by looking for specific products and items that may not match the guest's registered. If you follow the darker news coming out of Orlando, that includes Disney, from the last 6+ mos ... it might explain why this is happening and in such a strange way.

It's not. There is nothing they are doing that keeps guests safe. Just like entering the guy in LV room right up until the end told them nothing ......... because a criminal of this kind would keep all the "bad" stuff hidden.

Interesting that there have been reports from guests in Las Vegas that have not experienced anything like Disney is doing. Interesting that I haven't seen any reports of offsite hotel guests experiencing anything like Disney is doing. Interesting that most the hotels I've seen post their process is to do a room check when the sign has been up for 24 hours, not anything like Disney is doing. Something different is happening at Disney ...

So why is Disney doing something different, so aggressive, so invasive and so strange .... like the many reports of folks returning to rest only to be barged in on a short time later ...? They had all day to inspect. Having sat in a long conversation with someone who brought up lots of points my thought process went a different way.

I don't think this has anything to do with the Las Vegas shooter .... it's just the Disney way. The GAC change to DAS was blamed on "folks paying disabled guides" even though if you did the research that was a non-issue ... It's not the only time, they are good about using a current events to implement new things. I think it has to do with something much darker, something that can be addressed during the daytime hours early and late while guests are in rooms, can be addressed by looking for specific products and items that may not match the guest's registered. If you follow the darker news coming out of Orlando, that includes Disney, from the last 6+ mos ... it might explain why this is happening and in such a strange way.
Okay you are freaking me out. What is the darker news? What exactly are you referring to?

I am guessing human trafficking, especially of the underage type. I dare not google that though.@HopperFan. Can you confirm this?

Last edited:
I am guessing human trafficking, especially of the underage type. I dare not google that though.
Got it.

If that is the real motivation, these security checks make a lot more sense.

When I think about the victims, it makes me sick.

Okay you are freaking me out. What is the darker news? What exactly are you referring to?

I am guessing human trafficking, especially of the underage type. I dare not google that though.

Got it.

If that is the real motivation, these security checks make a lot more sense.

When I think about the victims, it makes me sick.

Sorry didn't mean to freak out and didn't really want to type it. Orlando is #3 in the US for this problem and there has been a lot of news lately reporting on the issue and the ties to the Disney resorts, as well as other tourist locations. It seems to be growing and it's complicated ... And while the issue is big in Orlando, it sounds like it's more narrow on the ground due to the tourist industry. Hopefully it is something they can get a grasp on due to that.

It certainly makes more sense in terms of these checks, it would be easier to train folks to look for specific items ... items that would not have to be hidden, why they might surprise you early in day or later in day ... not that any of this is Disney's fault, again it's complicated why, but authorities have to be working closely with Disney on how to get a handle on this.

Sorry didn't mean to freak out and didn't really want to type it. Orlando is #3 in the US for this problem and there has been a lot of news lately reporting on the issue and the ties to the Disney resorts, as well as other tourist locations. It seems to be growing and it's complicated ... And while the issue is big in Orlando, it sounds like it's more narrow on the ground due to the tourist industry. Hopefully it is something they can get a grasp on due to that.

It certainly makes more sense in terms of these checks, it would be easier to train folks to look for specific items ... items that would not have to be hidden, why they might surprise you early in day or later in day ... not that any of this is Disney's fault, again it's complicated why, but authorities have to be working closely with Disney on how to get a handle on this.
It is a seasonal issue in many places. We have The Derby here every year, it is a big problem here at that time. There are too many places and hideouts. Shine a light and we can find them and make them scatter.

It is a seasonal issue in many places. We have The Derby here every year, it is a big problem here at that time. There are too many places and hideouts. Shine a light and we can find them and make them scatter.

I can see that, Derby draws in people from all over .... good and bad ... like you say seasonal. Orlando would be prime year round. :sad1:

I can see that, Derby draws in people from all over .... good and bad ... like you say seasonal. Orlando would be prime year round. :sad1:
Yes it would. Thank you for posting. I had not thought this to be a reason. It has opened my eyes and makes sense. There are sites that allow you to upload room pictures to make them available for compare. I do quite often. I encourage all to look for them. My Google fu is failing with the drinks. Hug your young ones and be aware.

Yes it would. Thank you for posting. I had not thought this to be a reason. It has opened my eyes and makes sense. There are sites that allow you to upload room pictures to make them available for compare. I do quite often. I encourage all to look for them. My Google fu is failing with the drinks. Hug your young ones and be aware.

Seen that site, makes lots of sense to help. I just think there has to be so much more, something so "big" and maybe timely, that Disney is willing to alienate so many. I have two trips booked this spring ... both off-site now after having my trip disrupted every day.

I could be wrong, but if they are truly doing this because of LV, they are wasting lots of time, money and maybe losing guests in the process. This makes more sense given the process Disney is following. And honestly the hostility of so many CMs at the door and front desk .... just screams to me that this is something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter