New trips for 2016!! On Feb. 16th

tgeorge - that's exactly how I got mine into ABD, except our trip was Costa Rica! He was skeptical about a group tour mainly. I always planned our trips and did a good job putting together interesting itineraries so he didn't see the point. The ease of everything when we got there really sold him, and we found having other people to engage with really eased the mid-trip crankiness. (By day 6 of being alone together we start wearing on each other's nerves :upsidedow)
We're thinking now about Australia for 2017. I've been looking at several companies to compare itineraries and he keeps campaigning for ABD just based off our last trip. I actually keep thinking about doing this one myself, but I think we need the companionship :P

Thanks RhiannonGator...there is hope! Our 10 year anniversary is in 2018, so I'd love to do Australia for that. We'll see how this trip goes and then we'll go from there. The ABD itinerary for Australia looks amazing and after reading Cousin Orville's trip report I really want to go. Sure, we could plan it ourselves, but I know it wouldn't even be close to being the same.

Sorry OP/moderator...I know this is WAY off topic. I tried to private message RhiannonGator, but the boards won't let me.

Last edited:
Just checked ABD....the new adventures are posted :-) A half day with an astronaut....my dream job! About 10 years I was getting ready to put in my paperwork to NASA because they were looking for scientists to become astronauts. I was crushed when I found out I was too short!

Staying at Polynesian. DH just asked if I'd rather do this for my birthday instead of SF ABD. Hmmm....I'll have to think about that. I never thought I'd get him to WDW :-)

Last edited:

Well I am happy to report I am not too tempted with the Florida trip. We loved Backstage Magic last summer in So Cal but honestly what they are previewing here I have either done or no real exciting desire to do at WDW and I think it is pretty costly though the trip IS long.

When they did the DC trip before did they do Philly? I can't imagine adding Williamsburg to that considering the drive. I go out to DC twice a year for Army stuff (and I lived out there for three years while I was active duty)so that one doesn't seem too interesting to me. I think we're sticking with SF ABD. I was partly tempted by NASA,however, I looked into it and you can book all of that individually. Plus, DH would probably not live through a trip to the parks. And it is long. If I'm going to do that long of a trip, and for the price, I can do Europe.

Well this is promising that at least river of light and tiffins will be open by mid June! I found it a little comical that the Philly trip recommended cheesesteaks for both days. We eat more than just cheesesteaks here!

Well this is promising that at least river of light and tiffins will be open by mid June! I found it a little comical that the Philly trip recommended cheesesteaks for both days. We eat more than just cheesesteaks here!

I noticed this too and was excited to read it.

I agree. Just take a stroll through the old Reading terminal to taste wonderful foods as well as the world famous Philly cheesesteaks. Between the Amish and ethnic foods why waste two days on cheesecake? Oh no, now I'm hungry.

I'm surprised they left out Valley Forge NHP. It's easy to get to especially on the drive from Philly to Gettysburg. I'm a bit biased though because I spent a summer as seasonal NP ranger and costumed interpreter at VF. LOL It is a fantastic park though, and fits in with the DC/Philly American History theme.

Yeowch.. WDW trip is certainly expensive. Not necessarily surprisingly so but not sure I can convince my husband on this one. In a bit of a nice benefit for early reservers, I noticed the trip leading up to Christmas Eve is the same price as the others! I would have expected this trip to be priced higher.
Montana does look like a lot of fun!
With lack of adult only offerings for any of the new trips, and the price on WDW as I'd probably be going solo on this one, I think I'm out for this year on these.

Montana looks pretty amazing, especially for our active crew. That will be on our radar for 2017, for sure. But, I definitely won't be booking as far out as we did this year for Alaska. We will wait until January to book, and if prices have gone up too much we'll just do a different trip or different company. One huge benefit of reading this board is the understanding there are plenty of other options.

So talking to ABD today, I learned there will be 3 new trips starting this summer! The vacationista said check Feb. 16th. She said the three trips are domestic and are:

1. WDW in Orlando--backstage magic style I assume

2. Montana

3. REVAMPED DC/Philly trip

So cool.

How exciting! We are very interested. We are coordinating with people who went on our ABD southern ca and hopefully there will be adult only trips added in! Maybe a 2018 trip...hopefully the Star Wars , avatar land and toy story additions can be added in...woo!

How exciting! We are very interested. We are coordinating with people who went on our ABD southern ca and hopefully there will be adult only trips added in! Maybe a 2018 trip...hopefully the Star Wars , avatar land and toy story additions can be added in...woo!

I forgot to mention...hehe... We kinda knew ABD WDW was coming. We had some Orlando cast members on our trip and they let us know they were doing research on how to offer an ABD Orlando option! They joined with us for some activities but not all. Apparently ABD WDW is often requested?

I am surprised it happened so soon...our ABD Southern CA trip was in Oct! I am hoping for an adults only option. I did notice the utilidoor portion is for 12 and up, and the suggested age is 8 and up, so this is already a more of a 'mature' option. Hmm. Still...as a couple without kids I am hoping for an adults only choice for Oct.

I agree...would live to see an adults only option. I was kind of surprised there wasn't. BSM has adult only trips. Maybe next year they will add them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter