• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

NEW VGF Building

I am so tempted to purchase a FW at VGF when they start selling to reduce the hassle of fall frenzy, however, I can't make the math work for me. It would mean selling my 100pt VGF contract I purchased for $158 as an international seller to then buy the same thing for more money. It's just going to be easier for me to add on 50 points direct. I would think the expansion of the resort would reduce the frenzy for booking studios as a result anyway making the FW less of an asset than it has been in the past.
I think it’ll be of “same old, same old,” at least once the resort sells out again, since all those owners are buying to book studios.

Depending on when they like to travel, though, it could make the fall frenzy worse: some of them may very well be purchasing to get the 11 month advantage for the fall, and if that some is “many”…?

But it could make it better, too. Time will tell!

I am so tempted to purchase a FW at VGF when they start selling to reduce the hassle of fall frenzy, however, I can't make the math work for me. It would mean selling my 100pt VGF contract I purchased for $158 as an international seller to then buy the same thing for more money. It's just going to be easier for me to add on 50 points direct. I would think the expansion of the resort would reduce the frenzy for booking studios as a result anyway making the FW less of an asset than it has been in the past.

Studios should be easier if you don't care which one.

Fall those is only going to increase in points. Having a locked in FW for fall is a good move if it's even somewhat close IMO.

Hi. I apologize for butting in here - and this question has probably already been asked in the past 67 pages, but I missed it. And hopefully this question isn't too stupid.

Anyway, here goes: If I buy add-on points for the new VGF2, do we have any idea if those points are a "separate" home resort than VGF1? In other words, if I buy points direct for the VGF2 studios, will I be able to book a 1-bed in the "old" section at 11 months?

And also, sorry if that's exactly the kind of thing that sounds like is making VGF1 owners mad...

Thank you.

Hi. I apologize for butting in here - and this question has probably already been asked in the past 67 pages, but I missed it. And hopefully this question isn't too stupid.

Anyway, here goes: If I buy add-on points for the new VGF2, do we have any idea if those points are a "separate" home resort than VGF1? In other words, if I buy points direct for the VGF2 studios, will I be able to book a 1-bed in the "old" section at 11 months?

And also, sorry if that's exactly the kind of thing that sounds like is making VGF1 owners mad...

Thank you.
Disney's official announcement was that the new villas would be part of the VGF condominium association, i.e., it will be all one home resort. That means people who purchase when VGF goes back on sale will be buying into VGF and will be able to use their points in the 11 month window for any VGF villas, whether in the new building or the old. It will most likely be like AKV - owners there can book Jambo or Kidani at 11 months.

Disney's official announcement was that the new villas would be part of the VGF condominium association, i.e., it will be all one home resort. That means people who purchase when VGF goes back on sale will be buying into VGF and will be able to use their points in the 11 month window for any VGF villas, whether in the new building or the old. It will most likely be like AKV - owners there can book Jambo or Kidani at 11 months.
Thank you very much for the info!

I am very disappointed with the new DVC hotel rooms (not villas) at VGF. I think the flood of extra points is going to make it even harder to book the existing standard Villas there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter