New Villas (CRV? DLV?)- all but confirmed!

DisnutDave

DIS Semi-veteran
We spoke with our Guide today about a possible add-on for AKV. During the conversation, I mentioned the construction going on at the Contemporary, and asked straight out if that was DVC. She said she quite honestly did not have direct knowledge that it was DVC being built there, but she passed along an interesting story. A short while ago, a fellow Guide was late for a meeting at the Theatre center in Saratoga; this was around the time the models for the Animal Kingdom Villas were being opened to the public. Anyway, this guide arrived and the place was deserted. In addition to the AKV models, there was another door open, and it was of another COMPLETELY DIFFERENT model! It was not as heavily themed as AKV (that's all she would tell us). It has not been opened since then, and in fact Management was not happy when they heard it had been seen.

I know this all sounds very cloak and dagger, but in the past we've heard that the Guides often don't have confirmed knowledge of resorts until Management is ready to unveil them. So it sounds like there was a true peek behind the curtain here. If not for a Contemporary Resort Villa, maybe this was for a possible DisneyLand Villa? Oh, the possibilties!

I have heard this same story from a Very Reliable source on 2 other sites. I think it must be true. We will see if it is DLR they might announce it at the press event for the Finding Nemo attraction at DLR on May 11th.

Someone posted on here awhile back that when they were visiting the AKV model at SSR there was a "mystery door" that people were speculating could be a model for another DVC. I'd have to search back, but it was on a thread that had pictures of the AKV model. I wouldn't be surprised at either CRV or DL DVC, but I'm definitely hoping for CRV!

EDITED TO ADD: This is the thread I was thinking of.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1383140&referrerid=&highlight=akv+pictures

I toured the models at the beginning of May. I noticed other doors down the hall, but it never occured to me to wonder what they were for. ( I seem to remember 4 doors) do know that the AKV models only take up about a third of that building. So Something must have been built there at the same time the other models were being built. After hearing this rumor, I thought it must be CRV, and not a Disneyland DVC, however the more I thought about it the more I realized why not have Disneyland DVC models there as well, many existing members would most likely add on there, and New members would get to see what else is avaliable. Now, us Disneylanders need to start keeping our eyes peeled to see if they are building any models at DLR (or changing the existing ones). Of course it could still be CRV. (The other rumors I read, along the same lines, was that there are actually 3 different models in that building, AKV, another that was not AKV, and another (Brightly colored one) that was still under construction.

(The other rumors I read, along the same lines, was that there are actually 3 different models in that building, AKV, another that was not AKV, and another (Brightly colored one) that was still under construction.

brightly colored - maybe Pop Century. there are so few resorts at WDW that are bright colors. Of course it could also be one for Hawaii!!!!

brightly colored - maybe Pop Century. there are so few resorts at WDW that are bright colors. Of course it could also be one for Hawaii!!!!

Pop Century! Spiceycat, bite your tongue! Hawaii, yes, but a value resort DVC?

In real estate, you can't knowingly lie about known information. So Disney can't say that isn't DVC being constructed at the Contemporary but then turn around and say that it is in an attempt to control the market. That is illegal. However Disney can hold the information secret until it is 100% developed if they want to because they can always change their mind.

CMs can say whatever they want because they are not legally bound to anything nor are they told anything officially either. But real estate agents cannot lie. So you can bet that Disney has probably not even officially informed DVC. So they would be very angry if a door to a model was left open. Also the permit papers that were filed were from Imagineering...not DVC. So your guide is probably telling the truth that they dont know for sure what is going to be taking the place of the North Garden Wing.

But like I've said before, why would Disney allow these rumors to continue flying if it isn't DVC? The only thing these rumors do is hurt sales at AKV. I think it is a DVC but Disney did not want it out for awhile because they were hoping they can get AKV done and then maybe even one in California before the Contemp. Perhaps now they have had to change plans because the cat is out of the bag.

This leads me to believe that it is a model for DL. Why build one out now for CRV, that resort is years away? They are currently selling 2 resorts at WDW (SSR & AKV), I can't imagine three selling at the same time at WDW so that leads me to believe it is for DL. Selling SSR,AKV and DLV is something I think is very feasible.

This is my best guess so really nothing more than that. I don't have a crystal ball or any inside info. unfortunately.

Mike

Well...SSR will probably be sold out at the end of the year. When I talked to my guide last month he said SSR is over 80% sold.

In real estate, you can't knowingly lie about known information.

CMs can say whatever they want because they are not legally bound to anything nor are they told anything officially either. But real estate agents cannot lie.

I would agree but are you talking about CM's or DVC guides?

DVC guides ARE Real Estate agents. I believe that they have to be to sell DVC. Now the "CM's you see at the DVC kiosks around WDW and the Resorts, I believe they are merely contacts and not Real Estate agents or DVC guides that sell.

I could be wrong?????

Mike

I would agree but are you talking about CM's or DVC guides?

DVC guides ARE Real Estate agents. I believe that they have to be to sell DVC. Now the "CM's you see at the DVC kiosks around WDW and the Resorts, I believe they are merely contacts and not Real Estate agents or DVC guides that sell.

I could be wrong?????

Mike

The guides are real estate agents. I dont know about the Kiosk people, I think they are just hired by DVC to man those stations. Not everyone that works for DVC is a real estate agent. I've also noticed those guys at the kiosks don't know anything near as much as people at the preview center.

Well...SSR will probably be sold out at the end of the year. When I talked to my guide last month he said SSR is over 80% sold.

Well, I like numbers so lets look at those. 80% sold......... it has been selling since 2003 I believe so that is 4 years of sales. At that pace we are talking about 20% of the resort selling per year.

If that 80% sold is true then we can guess SSR will be selling for another year, call it summer of 2008. Of course the 4 years worth of sales I use as an example are sales without the competition of AKV.

SSR may well sell until 2009, we'll see. Either way it is and will continue to sell quite nicely.

Mike

The guides are real estate agents. I dont know about the Kiosk people, I think they are just hired by DVC to man those stations. Not everyone that works for DVC is a real estate agent. I've also noticed those guys at the kiosks don't know anything near as much as people at the preview center.

Well then we agree. That is exactly what I stated earlier.

Mike

This is a really juicy piece of gossip- I love it- much more interesting than the usual reports from the bus drivers that we hear all the time. A secret room- excellent! Hope it's true- and I hope it is CRV!

The brightly colored one is the Polynesian, :rotfl: Hey, I can spread rumors too. ;)

I love reading all these rumors and speculations!! I am really hoping for a CRV!! We own at SSR and just did an add on at AKV because we needed the extra points and we fell in love with the AKV models. But, I would be overjoyed with a monorail DVC resort. Also, after touring the CR this past trip I really grew an appreciation for the resort. I could totally picture my family and I enjoying our vacations there.

Well I'm sitting on the fence right now, trying to decide if we add on at AKV. Being a west coaster, I would LOVE for the next resort to be in DL. I think its about time they recognize that they are missing a HUGE market by not providing even one resort on the west coast. The DVC resorts at WDW are great! But for those across the country, its tough to make frequent trips. Believe me, if they announce for DL, we would be first in line for points!!

umm hay they are supose to be building on in cali i thought, also the three hotels in th dl park can be used by points but i dont think can buy in to them im new but i sware i heard some one say dl had one coming

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter