New White Castle Orlando

Sjm9911

DIS Veteran
Oh man I have awful memories of White Castle in college. Man it tastes good but ugh only thing worse might be steak and shake. Just ask bert sometime :rotfl2:

Its the first burger chain in the world ed. If anything krystal is the knock off. This is the chain that started them all.

Then why did they stay regional for so long?

Age does not equal quality.

And if the Whataburger fans show up in this thread, then the shouting will start.

Ed

PS - not that I care I just want my Chick-fil-a

White Castle is the first. Midwest staple and a place that was a cheap treat my parents would get us on the way home from STL.

Is it the BEST burger? No. Will I still go in and order 12 cheeseburger sliders and the largest Dr. Pepper they'll serve me?
giphy-downsized.gif

Then why did they stay regional for so long?

Age does not equal quality.

And if the Whataburger fans show up in this thread, then the shouting will start.

Ed

PS - not that I care I just want my Chick-fil-a
It stayed regional due to the lack of sophistication of people palates outside the Midwest 8-)

We also enjoyed the Whataburger in Destin FL during our late winter stay there.

I am also campaigning for a CFL in our town, the closest one is 30 minutes away and the line is always 50 cars deep. Someone is missing out on a great business opportunity, I am too poor and lazy to throw in on one.

Trip report:
So today, i braved the 10 minute drive on 2 hyways and a small dive through that barely fit my 2500 truck to get this. While the road was treacherous, and the chance of me banging my mirror was great, it was worth it in the end. 20210504_122719.jpg20210504_122630.jpg

It stayed regional due to the lack of sophistication of people palates outside the Midwest 8-)

You kids are so funny! :rotfl2:

I was born and raised in Ohio. Roots still run deep there - have been back often.

And apparently White Castle's first location was in Ohio and is still headquartered in Ohio. And couldn't get very far for such a long time.

Now if you were to mention Skyline Chili, for example, the world would beat a path to your door. A Three Way with a little Tabasco is <chef's kiss> OH SO GOOD! Washed down with some Little Kings Cream Ale and Graeter's Ice Cream then I would be weak and easy to fool. But I'm not. Cuz WC's not.

But carry on with your Krystal wannabee's. Krystal took an idea and made it better. ::yes::

Bama Ed

PS - hey weren't some of you the same guys along with Mike carrying on about Scrapple? 'Nuff said .... :rolleyes:

PPS - and while Orlando has opened its first White Castle location:

Used "Kississimmee" in the Search

Krystal already has THREE locations in the Orlando area (due to surging demand I'm sure).

https://locations.krystal.com/search?q=kississimmee

This is SEC territory where it "Just Means More".

i

Last edited:
Ok, so we had a Little Tavern near University of Maryland so I assume they are considered after party cheap drunk food? White Castle is the same thing am I correct? I don't believe I had ever heard of
Krystal's before. Do they all make the same little square burgers that you can buy by the dozen bag? I actually loved those little burgers.

Never been to White Castle, didn't do the college thing, and not sure there was one in Saudi Arabia at the time. And what in the world is a Krystal's ? Jeez, who would have expected that I am the health nut of the group. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter